Bloc Rhodia No.18 80G/m² Notepads Going Cheap!

A Smug Dill

Milligram has been offering its stock of black-covered Bloc Rhodia No.18 80g/m² lined (A4-sized, 7mm-ruled, with blue horizontal lines and a red vertical margin line) notepads on clearance for a week now, for A$5 each [/and/] with a “buy 3 for the price of 2” offer. The effective price is therefore A$10 for three, or $3.33 each when you buy in multiples of three on a single order, and that's if the purchaser is not eligible for any other discounts (such as the "Friends For Life" discount of 10% site-wide) that apply.

I imagine it may be obstacle to some (or even most) prospective customers that the threshold for free domestic shipping on a single order is $69 (after discounts); without the FFL discount, one has to order 21 of those notepads at once to avoid the $5.99 delivery charge which would dilute the effective discount on the order, and 24 of them with the FFL discount.

However, Milligram just announced today (a few hours ago) that it's offering free shipping for orders of $29 or more, for a limited time only. That means one can buy just nine of those notepads, delivery included, for a $30 outlay without the FFL discount, or get twelve notepads delivered for $36 with the FFL discount, if he/she uses an Australia delivery address. (Since Milligram delivers using Australia Post Parcel post service, Parcel Locker and Parcel Collection addresses are OK, as well as PO Boxes and physical/street addresses in Australia.)

When I checked less than ten minutes ago, the maximum number of these notepads the system will accept on a single order is 426 — down from 472 three days ago — so I'll assume that's what Milligram thinks it has in stock and wants to clear.

Rhodia paper fans, knock yourself out! :lol:

Edit: Updated stock level

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Jamerelbe

• ashutoshthakur

Top Posters In This Topic

@ashutoshthakur, thanks for the update. Indeed the offer has expired at the stroke of midnight (Melbourne time), after running for ten days.

The available stock level just now appears to be 300 — which I must say is a conveniently/suspiciously round number — so I hope everyone who wanted to buy some of these notepads has had their fill! I ended up buying 48 in total, and had to rearrange my storage area to accommodate the 24kg of paper, which would have broken or warped my long shelves.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

@ashutoshthakur, thanks for the update. Indeed the offer has expired at the stroke of midnight (Melbourne time), after running for ten days.

The available stock level just now appears to be 300 — which I must say is a conveniently/suspiciously round number — so I hope everyone who wanted to buy some of these notepads has had their fill! I ended up buying 48 in total, and had to rearrange my storage area to accommodate the 24kg of paper, which would have broken or warped my long shelves.

Thanks Gil for drawing our attention to the special - I rarely use their A4 pads (I much prefer A5 for portability), so I passed on this one. Will definitely keep an eye out for future sales though!

I also prefer A5, but the cheapest I've seen Bloc Rhodia No.16 80g/m² 7mm-ruled notepads (with orange-coloured covers) offered was A$3.04 apiece delivered, before factoring in third-party cashback schemes, and — I'm only guessing here, but — Amazon AU only offered 10 units at that promotional price recently. (I only managed to get nine of them, by the time I got to it.) I prefer the version with the white covers, because the lines are in grey instead of blue and red, and Amazon AU offered 10 units of those at A$4.30.

At the effective price of $3 an A4 pad, I just couldn't resist, and almost ordered another dozen yesterday while the "buy 3 for the price of 2" offer was still in play, but I just don't have any more storage space. :(