Conid Regular Pricing

Bill Wood

I notice Conid are not taking orders until May. After configuring a pen I can’t get a price. What is the price of a regular Conid these days?

Many thanks,

Bill Wood

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• es9

• oldrifleman

• como

My last one which included a custom ground Titanium nib was 573 Euros including shipping to USA but that was ordered in December of2018

• 10 months later...

They're paused right now - can't even see prices on their website.

Pause to restart

We know it’s been quite a while you’ve been hearing from us, and we must confess that things have been quite busy in the past few months.

As you might have heard, our Bulkfillers have become a great success. Unfortunately, we’ve been quite overwhelmed by this matter and our team is working long hours to keep up with all of the orders, maintaining the same quality and individual care as we always have.

This is why we made the well-considered decision to establish an order-stop.

This means you’ll be unable to place an order from this day until further notice.

We Give Away Scholarships! - Support High School Students Going to College

5 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

North of MB149 territory, I seem to remember.

An old post indicated they run for €588 without the nib (~$715).   Assuming one does not get a gold nib, wouldn't that be less than an MB145 (~$935).  

15 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

Why ask if you already know?

(1) The post I found was several years old, and (2) saw some other information suggesting prices had changed.  I figured there might be people out there who had more recent experience.  

Bread costs more than it did several years ago. Pens cost more than they did several years ago. This is due to the debasement of fiat currencies. The result? More spondoolies are required to purchase the same goods. As Voltaire once said, all fiat currencies eventually reach their intrinsic value - O. Refer to the fate of the Denarius.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I certainly do not mean to side-track this thread, or to suggest prices do not generally increase over time.  And I also do not begin to pretend to know how to tease out in any meaningful way what could cause esoteric changes in fountain pen pricing (e.g., changes in cost of inputs, labor, etc.).  Nevertheless, global inflation generally has been pretty darn low recently by historic standards, including in Belgium which is solidly trailing the rest of Europe.  

If/when Conid reopens I very much doubt that the prices will remain as they were at the time of closing.

12 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

If/when Conid reopens I very much doubt that the prices will remain as they were at the time of closing.

But they might just keep the prices the same. They don't seem to be very rational. Otherwise they would have answered emails, not so difficult to do.

7 minutes ago, como said:

.They don't seem to be very rational

True. Perhaps they'll even lower the price to entice us back into the fold.

9 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

True. Perhaps they'll even lower the price to entice us back into the fold.

That's a good idea! Just open for two hours, then they can close again for another two years 😀

As long as people will pay 'inflated' prices, why would a seller lower prices? They are not in the business to make you happy. They're in the business to make all the money they can.

That's the reason I don't own Montblanc or Conid at the prices charged. I don't see the value, hype notwithstanding. Others do see the value.

If I was given a new Montblanc or Conid today, I'd sell it for as much money as I could get.

That's the benefit of a free market.

Edited by sgphototn
Clarity

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

11 hours ago, sgphototn said:

why would a seller lower prices?

In this instance to redeem themselves from the immense damage they did to their reputation through their abysmal lack of communication, and complete disregard of their customer base.

3 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

In this instance to redeem themselves from the immense damage they did to their reputation through their abysmal lack of communication, and complete disregard of their customer base.

Here's why they won't lower prices or need to. Go to the post above from 'Oldrifleman.'

"I know I will be in line for a king size at whatever the going rate is."

That explains it.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special