CLOSDED - Asa Nauka Flora - Group Buy - Limited Run

mehandiratta

I was unaware of the latest development of this issue since I was last on the forum, and realized that PayPal's protection only lasts for 180 days. Tried to file a dispute anyway, and as expected the case was judged against me due to the protection period having expired. Really should have just filed for a refund regardless of the pandemic; the current state of affairs leaves me completely vulnerable as a consumer.

I believe ASA can offer you refund

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• A Smug Dill

• bugsydog55

• Cyclohexene

Been another 4 weeks since the last word on this group buy. Is there any information at all? Have things improved in any way? I've seen reviews of one of the recent Ranga offerings so some things are getting out of India. And I have seen that ASA is taking orders. So, has anyone gotten their pen or have an update or some recent communication from Mr. Subbu?

Hi All,

We have just touched 6 million cases and next only to USA.

India Post is yet to resume Registered Airmail service to international locations. Also, there is no clear indication as to when it will open up. I am only hopeful things will clear in October.

I am also pleased to let you know that ASA has now tied up with premium courier service like DHL and UPS. We can now ship your pen vide the above for a nominal charge of upto 30 USD extra (Depend on destination country). You can also club your shipping in case you are living nearby.

In case you are interested in above and want to get your pens soon, pls do write to me at asapens.in@gmail.com or a PM here

Regards

Subramaniam

Edited by Subbu_ASApens

• 4 weeks later...

Been another 4 weeks. Any word at all or meaningful update of any kind? Actually considering the alternate shipping option because I have 5 other pens tied up with Mr. Subbu besides the Flora that I have waited for most of the year. Combine both parcels and get hosed for the additional shipping and then I'm done. That's just the cranky side of me going off because there really isn't anything we can do about this. So I'm only venting, waited this long so I can wait somewhat longer. Hoping that something moves in India that doesn't take an arm and a leg to ship.

If the problem is getting the pens out of India, could it be worthwhile to organise something whereby someone well-trusted by ASA is sent all of the pens that are to be sent to their country, and then this trusted person distributes them out to everyone in their country who is waiting for on a pen?

I imagine one lot of international post and a bunch of domestic post would work out a lot less expensive than everyone paying for a premium international service.

It would take a little organising, but I imagine it is possible.

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

( It could be something worth thinking on, since FPN is back online. )

But from what I have heard, most of the big shipping companies don't discount their rates much for small businesses, (they really only do it for multinational conglomerates.)

Just received an email from ASA that shipping is now OK to US and other locations so , for those of us who have been left dangling for most of the year, it seems that the end is in sight.  I actually got one of my other orders from ASA just a few days ago.  It was also tied up in the shipping mess.  Hopefully, things will return to some sense of normal.  As far as the group buy option now, that I am not sure about.  His website does have the pen available for order if you go that route.

5 hours ago, fraustaenki said:

Just a general question: Is this group buy option still available?

I do believe that some people cancelled their orders. It may be possible for you to get a pen that uses the material. 

Send an email to Mr. Subramaniam, and you may find a pen that at least resembles what you are looking for.

I hope that helps somewhat...

12 hours ago, fraustaenki said:

Just a general question: Is this group buy option still available?

I could use some extra cash in these trying times so I'm ready to part with my order. If you're interested please PM me.

I just got an email from ASA Pens telling me India Post has started up international shipping again. Nice to hear Subbu is safe and well! As for the pen... it will probably arrive in the depth of winter, to cheer me up in a dull and rainy season 🙂

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Just had an email that my pen was sent, really happy that it will arrive soon :) and it'll be a nice history/memory to have along with this pen, that under the craziness that covid has caused we have a little happiness from our group buy :) 

Supposedly, all pens for the group buy were to be shipped by yesterday. I am looking forward to getting my message that it is in the mail!

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Can you please share the update....
Have you received the order and who all cancelled out on orders...

if anybody has some issue please try to reach out to me 

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

8 minutes ago, MuddyWaters said:

If anyone cancelled their orders, then I could buy one of these pens, especially in Asa nib fine. 

I cancelled my order late in August (and received my refund through PayPal a month later). Both of the pens I originally ordered have ASA pens' own Fine nibs.

Keep in mind that, per my customised order, instead of being torpedo-shaped these pens have flat ends:

large.1094601616_ASANaukaFlorapenbodieswithflatends(mergedphoto).jpg.c50f31b1c6a715456cc23635e624f0c4.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, bugsydog55 said:

Just received an email from ASA that shipping is now OK to US and other locations so , for those of us who have been left dangling for most of the year, it seems that the end is in sight.  I actually got one of my other orders from ASA just a few days ago.  It was also tied up in the shipping mess.  Hopefully, things will return to some sense of normal.  As far as the group buy option now, that I am not sure about.  His website does have the pen available for order if you go that route.

Has this been confirmed? I have been waiting for a few pens since the beginning of this year. Regular India Post to Canada was presumably suspended. I would like to know if someone has received pens via regular India Post in the past few days. 

According to India Post, my pen is in the mail!  I look forward to receiving it soon.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

I can confirm shipping to Canada is working again as my ASA pen just arrived today :), going to clean her as I usually do with new pens (flush the pen a couple times with soapy, then distilled water if a newbie FP lover is reading). I can't wait to ink her but here are some first impression photos, it is a gloomy cloud filled day so please excuse me for the quality of the images: 

133725537_1071947943217320_4051327324969830128_n.jpg.5f11da540e7de7dc6492932d5fb9977b.jpg

and close up views:

133534099_147971173772355_5638034537308594458_n.jpg.e1a1f17f53170fb263ed61c063c36c6a.jpg134240732_911656965905995_484927997952076064_n.jpg.a3b971298ebc06934957b9918f8e036e.jpg

The color is a beautiful inbetween these two, and a comparison shot with my Star Ruby M205, the ASA is huge and fits great in my big hands :D

133953700_222841415980220_7714226558630418173_n.jpg.6a5dd289272c9f85aa48f1f55454ebee.jpg

Thank you so much Mr. Subramaniam, I love the pen :) and will do it justice with better photos tomorrow :)