CLOSDED - Asa Nauka Flora - Group Buy - Limited Run

mehandiratta

It's a hypothesis... Which could depend upon the local postmaster policies (reject all, accept-hold, accept-send to central...)

DHL is a private firm, possibly running their own transports...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• A Smug Dill

• bugsydog55

• Cyclohexene

Checked the website today. They hope to ship some day. Didn't get an email about the extension this time. I can't really blame him since he is powerless in the situation. This has to be just killing a multitude of small businesses all over India. It has to be awful for them.

Can this be turned to an eyedropper?

yes

I am using mine as eyedropper only

check the image below :

fpn_1591952073__asa_nauka.jpg

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Latest reply on Whatsapp (May be automated)

Covid-19 and Shipping update
Hello, thank you for your message!
As per new exit lockdown guidelines, we hope to resume our workshop from 16th. (Since 21st, March, we had to close down)
Also, in the event that TN govt has announced complete lockdown till 30th June.
Shipping within India, will start from 1st July and will be updated as shipping of your pen happpen.
Thanks for your understanding and patience
Rgds
Subramaniam

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

International Shipping Update

Greetings from India!
Firstly, my sincere thanks to each of you for the understanding and patience.
The Flora pens are all ready since late March 2020. However, I could not ship it , due to sudden Lockdown implemented in India since March 22nd.
Update about Covid-19 situation in India :-
Here in India we are seeing a boom in Covid-19 positive cases in most states and metros. We are seeing 25,000 positive cases each day. Our government though is doing its best, still numbers are alarming and its spreading much.
We are nearing 1 million covid-19 positive cases and we are 3rd most impacted in the world, only next to USA and Brazil as on date.
India went into complete lockdown, on 22nd March, since 1st June, many states are experimenting exit lockdown process and even as we talk. In fact in June we tried to implement an Exit lockdown process, but things got out of control. So we are doing the entire exit process very cautiously now.
My city (Chennai) and state (Tamil Nadu) is second most impacted in India, after Mumbai. Though trend in last week has been encouraging. (Please pray this positive trend continues)
Air travel, Train travel, Malls, Theatres, Places of worhsip, public gathering, inter-state and intra-state, travel remains restricted still, including night curfews
Update on Production and shipping:-
As per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines, I have been able to start my workshop since 9th of this month and production has started. This is a great news and relief for me.
I expect to start local shipping (Shipping within India) from this month end. I also expect government to enable international shipments (India Post- Registered Airmail), by August.
Here I want to mention that all my shipping happens with India Post-Registered Airmail (This is an efficient as well as very economical (approx 5 USD) for us, hence the free shipping that I can give benefit to all my international customers like yourself.
However, private couriers like DHL/UPS, who are working/operational from India, even now and are excepting documents to other countries. On evaluation, I found that availing this means and extra cost of 10 to 12 USD extra per shipment. Which is difficult for me to bear in existing pricing scheme.
Hence I request your understanding and further patience here till India Post, starts accepting international shipments.
Thanking you in advance.
Pls do ask me any queries you may have

Dear All,

Indian Shipping Update

From 6th the Government Of Tamil Nadu, has further extended the lockdown till 31st July. However, this time with several relaxations.

First time, since we went into lockdown on 22nd March, I have resumed my workshop. We have begun production since yesterday.

IMP Input Reqd:-

Although courier service is barred (banned) for non-essential services, we find that some private couriers like DTDC and Delhivery are working anonymously.

I can use their facility to send out the above order between 1st August till 7th August.

There are a few challenges here. Which I wish to spell out clearly.

a) All couriers are seen to have less staff and huge pendency. Hence they are very slow. (takes upto 7 days against a normal of 2-3 days.

B) Much will also depend on the Lockdown/Zone situation at your end or address.(which only you will be aware of)

Considering the above, I will only ship with limited liability and only on your advice to ship.

Ideally, I would like to wait till this pandemic situation is reduced or see a better trend and situation. Maybe till August.

Please communicate your wish from above and give your instruction to ship or not. I will act on your reply only. (You may reply closer to date)

Please send in your reply to asapens.in@gmail.com

Thanking you,

Mr Subramaniam, thank you very much for the update.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Looks like the wait is finally over

Thanks Suhasji, for sharing your views and inputs incl picture here

• 4 weeks later...

Mr Subramaniam, what is the situation with shipping now that we're a third of the way into August? Have the normal channels of shipping resumed operation?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/Documents/EMS.pdf

Subbu should be addressing this actually.

I am posting this just to help clarify the situation.

Pls see the order above. Pt 6 of above order is pertinent to thIs thread as registered articles are treated as letters. The much more expensive EMS service has resumed for some items. HTH.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

@hari317 Thanks.

So, no shipping to Australia is possible at this point, as it's not listed in Annexure-1 for EMS and ITPS? Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one update if shipping within India has started...Because it was suppose to during first week of August.....Had sent a mail confirming the same......Still no update...Have left several messages on Whatsapp.......Should I call Subbu?

The lack of replies (to my direct inquiry by email) and updates from Mr Subramaniam for the past six weeks is a worry. At what point do we conclude whether ASA Pens is no longer operational or trading, if nobody here has heard from him, and approach PayPal to help claw back payments already made for outstanding orders that won't be delivered if ASA Pens has quietly gone out of business? Obviously nobody here wants to do so prematurely, but Mr Subramaniam really ought to keep us updated. I can't even see when he has last signed in to FPN, since that piece of information is kept private on his member profile.

I appreciate the frustration expressed by the more recent posts. I have been awaiting the delivery of two ASA Mist pens ordered from a group buy in October of 2018. Assurances were made early on, but in the last year, the silence has been deafening.

PenBuzz

I was in contact with Mr S last week by WhatsApp. I would say our communication was as usual. Sometimes requires some prompting to get a reply. We discussed a potential order for two pens but he did not respond when I asked him how to order them. I am guessing he is just flooded with work right now. I don't think he is out of business. Please contact him over WhatsApp.

I appreciate the frustration expressed by the more recent posts. I have been awaiting the delivery of two ASA Mist pens ordered from a group buy in October of 2018. Assurances were made early on, but in the last year, the silence has been deafening.

PenBuzz

Weird because I definitely got two separate deliveries from him in the last 12-24 months, ordered from his website.