• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• A Smug Dill

• bugsydog55

• Cyclohexene

Haven't commented on this for a while. Seems my pen is stuck due to the lockdown on shipping in India. I did comment before that pens from Mr. Subbu can be subject to some nail biting time which is only worse with the pandemic. He has sent emails about the status which is all he can do. I do appreciate his efforts and I know it can't be easy. I'm just waiting for a pen but he has his whole livelihood involved. I truly hope that things get better for everyone in this situation, craftsmen and shop owners and their families.

I received a message from Mr. Subramaniam on April 16th, saying that my pens were ready, but that there was a lockdown in India until May 5th. He promised to get back to me after then,

I assume the lockdown is still on, but at least it is clear that Mr. Subramaniam is on top of this.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

From another thread I see many Ranga pens are sent, but now locked down at the postal depot and won't exit India till the lockdown is over.

This is more than the usual nail biting, for sure. And I hope India will be okay in these tough times. Kerala already got covid19 on the run according to one of my friends there so let's hope Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and the other states can follow suit!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard from Mr. Subramaniam today, and he tells me that the lockdown in India is on until at least May 31. He hopes that the post will reopen after that for nonessential items. Let's cross our fingers!

He does say that he and his family are doing well.

Yes great news coming in. Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Let's see if shipping starts from 31st May when the lockdown is lifted across India

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the ASA website claims that shipping will start on (or after) the 31st of May.

https://asapens.in/eshop/

Has anyone received an email stating that their pen(s) have been shipped yet?

Or has the website not been updated to reflect the current circumstances in the region?

I see that the ASA website claims that shipping will start on (or after) the 31st of May.

https://asapens.in/eshop/

Has anyone received an email stating that their pen(s) have been shipped yet?

Or has the website not been updated to reflect the current circumstances in the region?

India extended their lockdown until 30th of June.

I finally managed to extract a (non-automatic) reply from ASA Pens on 31/5. The pens I ordered are yet to be completed, due to the workshop not being accessible in the meantime; never mind, as that is not the hold-up on the critical path to order fulfilment right now. Here's the part of his reply that I think also applies to other customers outside India who haven't received their outstanding orders yet:

However, international shipping will start only from end July. As lockdown is planned to be removed in phases and international air space will open in July end.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Oh well, have to play with my other pens in the meantime...

Thanks for the update!

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

Thank you for the information.

I finally managed to extract a (non-automatic) reply from ASA Pens on 31/5. The pens I ordered are yet to be completed, due to the workshop not being accessible in the meantime; never mind, as that is not the hold-up on the critical path to order fulfillment right now. Here's the part of his reply that I think also applies to other customers outside India who haven't received their outstanding orders yet:

That is good to know. I couldn't find any news regarding International Shipping from India.

Thank you all for information, I guess we continue to wait and hope for the best...

Subramaniam said

However, international shipping will start only from end July. As lockdown is planned to be removed in phases and international air space will open in July end.

"...So shine on
Shine on harvest moon
Up in the sky..."
I ain't had no Nauka Flora since January, February, June? or July?
:D

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass. ~ Martin Mull

Huh, I just ordered some pens from Kanwrite and they said they'll be able to dispatch them in a week or so, but I wonder if that'll be possible if the lockdown is extended to the end of the month...

Subramaniam said

"...So shine on

Shine on harvest moon

Up in the sky..."

I ain't had no Nauka Flora since January, February, June? or July?

:D

And we ain't gonna be gettin' none for some time 'cause they too good for us!

:P :P

But in all seriousness, it's not worth risking lives for having a nice pen...

Huh, I just ordered some pens from Kanwrite and they said they'll be able to dispatch them in a week or so, but I wonder if that'll be possible if the lockdown is extended to the end of the month...

Might be a difference in being able to dump the parcels into the (India) mail system, vs having said mail system forward international...

Might be a difference in being able to dump the parcels into the (India) mail system, vs having said mail system forward international...

Do you mean that they can hand them over to India mail but India mail will just hold them until this is over?

I was waiting for another item, from Lotus pens, and I just got a text message from DHL saying they'll deliver it next week. So DHL is still working it seems?