Maruzen Penshow 2020

mke

I thought there was a discussion already to which I wanted to add a tiny detail - just don't find the original thread. Perhaps one of the administrators could merge it with that older thread?

(Anybody has that special Google Search link for FPN, I accidentally deleted it. That was a really good search page.)

End of last year, Maruzen published a flyer with the LE pens available. Apart from that, there is no additional info. Even on their HP is VERY FEW.

Only this!

"2020年はいよいよ4年に一度の一大イベントが開催されます。"

It EVENTUALLY says there will be a major event every four years - including 2020 - or from 2020. If someone of you is going to Maruzen in the days before the show. Could you please ask what that exactly means?

At least we can expect a bigger penshow this year.

The show starts on March 4, a bit more than 3 weeks to go.

For those hoping for a LE pen, I have some bad news. FPN member fudefan just told me the following: "went to Maruzen yesterday and saw that all but one of the limited edition pens of this year's show were already sold out."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• OmegaMountain

• SashK

• penzel_washinkton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This year's LE ink is yellow-green - it says that green has been added to yellow to make the ink more useful to people using it for writing:

1000040472_3.jpg

Edited by mke

Both of the pens are beautiful, but neither is inexpensive! I would be tempted to buy the Sailor were I able to go to the show.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

@OmegaMountain

On that pamphlet shown in December last year there were more LEs - from other companies too.

All but one LE is already sold out, despite prices up to $2k.

Same mention of the once every 4 years in this edition of [趣味の文具箱]
I wonder if its the KOP in the boring M・B nibs that is still available ?
Won't be surprised that the Eboya, Sendai Ohashido and Nakaya with that little ink bottle roll stopper being pre-sold. The Custom Urushi is definitely already sold out - as I'm told.

edited for missing punctuations.

post-147005-0-55450900-1581224506_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MalcLee

I thought there was a discussion already to which I wanted to add a tiny detail - just don't find the original thread. Perhaps one of the administrators could merge it with that older thread?

(Anybody has that special Google Search link for FPN, I accidentally deleted it. That was a really good search page.)

This - site:fountainpennetwork.com "search term"

In this instance site:fountainpennetwork.com "Maruzen Penshow" shows this thread only.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

> This - site:fountainpennetwork.com "search term"

I know this - thank you.

But there was a special search engine located at Google for this site which was MUCH better than the normal Google search.

And stupid me deleted it somehow.

> I wonder if its the KOP in the boring M・B nibs that is still available ?

Exactly.

And I saw on a photo that the Nakaya is also still available - no wonder with such a price (148500 Yen).

I never did see the flyer - does anyone have a digital image of the complete thing? I can't seem to find it through searching...

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

If nobody else can provide, this evening, I can add it - check back around 22:00 JST.

I appreciate it, but don't go out of your way. I was just curious and like to see the limited editions I won't get to see otherwise.

Here is it in XL, so you can see the pens better:

fpn_1581507880__maruzen.jpg

Oh, wow. Those are all incredibly beautiful pens... I wish I could pick up any of those. Is there blue bottom pen an Eboya, because it's amazing? Thank you for posting this. Edited by OmegaMountain

Thank you, mke, for all of this interesting information. For those of us who can not read Japanese and live far from Japan, you are a vital and very helpful resource. I hope people with an an interest in Japanese fountain pens appreciate your information. I certainly do. That transparent red King of Pen is remarkably beautiful. It seems there are more and more unusual & colorful KoPs these days from both Sailor and Wancher-Sailor. Thank you again for all of your posts.

Thank you, mke, for all of this interesting information. For those of us who can not read Japanese and live far from Japan, you are a vital and very helpful resource.

I second this -- thank you very much for spreading the news!

Scientia potentia est.