New Kaco Edge

Paganini

Has anyone tried the NEW Kaco Edge? They seem to come in different colors now. I've been holding off on getting one because of all the cap cracking problems. I wonder if these (now colorful) ones are the pens I've been waiting for.

- N

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paganini

• garyc

• Aditlojs

• penzel_washinkton

If they resolved the cracking, the clip is an easy fix that takes only 5 or 10 minutes with some sandpaper and tape to completely fix.

I've posted a tutorial on how to fix the clip to where it works brilliantly.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

The clip is still the previous horrendous design (shudder)

If I refer to it as a rollstop, then it seems perfectly functional. Haha!

I used to be very particular with clip function so I get it. Ever since I switched to using a pen sleeve, I haven't used a clip since.

As far as the cap cracking issue... How many examples would need to not crack and for how long before I had confidence to purchase the pen? I don't expect to regain confidence in this model...

If I refer to it as a rollstop, then it seems perfectly functional. Haha!

I used to be very particular with clip function so I get it. Ever since I switched to using a pen sleeve, I haven't used a clip since.

As far as the cap cracking issue... How many examples would need to not crack and for how long before I had confidence to purchase the pen? I don't expect to regain confidence in this model...

Two of my three original black ones have not cracked.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

all 4 of mine had not crack , one did fall off ( well fly off ) the table courtesy of my cat a number of times , other than some nicks and scratches , nothing else. One do go into daily EDC rotation a couple of times and all the abuse, the other 2 sit on the desk tray .. just check no sign of any crack , late batches of the Edge should already had the renewed tooling / mold that's to fix the issue. I had no idea what's different since all mine are old batches

Where are these for sale? I've checked ebay uk and .com, Etsy and aliexpress with no luck - e.g. "Bobby New Lauch (sic) Kaco EDGE" is just showing black versions.

Despite having cracked caps with both my old Edges (and getting replacements, one of which cracked), I'm willing to try again, especially with some new colours which I think the original pen was crying out for.

I did, however, end up buying a Kaco ZhiBo from Bobby. :-)

You can find them on Ebay.com or their android app, just search for Kaco Edge and sort by newest on top.

There should be some listing you'll stumble upon.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

You can find them on Ebay.com or their android app, just search for Kaco Edge and sort by newest on top.

There should be some listing you'll stumble upon.

Hmmm, not in any search I've done. There are plenty of colourful Kaco pens around (Sky, Retro, V&A etc.), but all of the Edges come up in black only. Is there a particular seller you can name?

For what it's worth, the Kako TMall shop lists the Edge as out of stock:

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-b-s.w4011-16828236889.77.370565e1WwiSEO&id=576308100525&rn=16e3b7108e15813421f1a612b6446111&abbucket=1

So perhaps the eBay listings are jumping the gun a bit...

Yep, the only seller I eventually could find, esybuy, lists the brown and blue versions as out of stock. Not a bad price, $13.98, though a tad higher than I remember paying for my original black versions.

The cap on my Edge cracked after only a few weeks, but I enjoyed using it. The new colors look surprisingly decent so I may get another.

Those didn't show up in my searches, but when I use those links, it says they don't ship to the UK, which is probably why they didn't show in my searches. The one that does, esybuy, only has black in stock. The fickle finger of fate strikes again.

(edit) the list of excluded countries is quite random - they ship to France and Italy, but not Germany and Spain for example.

post-3392-0-48945600-1581760934_thumb.png

Edited by garyc

Those didn't show up in my searches, but when I use those links, it says they don't ship to the UK, which is probably why they didn't show in my searches. The one that does, esybuy, only has black in stock. The fickle finger of fate strikes again.

(edit) the list of excluded countries is quite random - they ship to France and Italy, but not Germany and Spain for example.

That makes sense, so there are limited sellers shipping to UK which is rather unfortunate.

Well , checking some of the home market retail and the info return is that the new version will ship come May and alao now there is version of the Kaco Master in white and red but will had steel nib