Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke 2020-2023

RMN

fpn_1580186962__2019_novel_coronavirus.j

I hope that the 2019 Novel Coronavirus decides to stay well away from where you are at!

Be well, my friend.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• DrDebG

• meiers

• Cyrille81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Tom -

The soup looks very good and comfortiing. Stay warm and healthy!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

fpn_1580210061__health_tonic.jpg

Homemade Preventative Health Tonic

Tom - did you use an un-inked O3B to spear those vegetables for consumption? :lol:

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

~ dascott and 5Cavaliers:

Thank you very much!

Yubi and I are managing as best as is possible under exceptional circumstances.

Tom K.

Tom - did you use an un-inked O3B to spear those vegetables for consumption? :lol:

~ zaddick:

Yes, after they were lured to the trap by the tantalizing scent of Montblanc James Purdey & Sons Single Malt.

Tom K.

I have just read through this entire thread and am awed and amazed at the kindness and camaraderie here. I love the photos and the writing samples. You are all a group of very talented people with great taste!

I agree! Reading through this is great, and the photography is wonderful. It makes me want to get more MBs for sure! :)

My first MB came in a few days ago, and I am very excited to use it in the future! Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon - a 146 from '85 to '90 with a soft monotone nib.

Thanks for all the interesting info and pictures - very nice and enjoyable thread

I agree! Reading through this is great, and the photography is wonderful. It makes me want to get more MBs for sure! :)

My first MB came in a few days ago, and I am very excited to use it in the future! Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon - a 146 from '85 to '90 with a soft monotone nib.

Thanks for all the interesting info and pictures - very nice and enjoyable thread

~ WLSpec:

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

FPN and the Montblanc Forum attract a group of enthusiastic, experienced individuals.

Those who visit this thread have posted such a pleasing variety of comments and images.

Whenever it seems appropriate, images of your new 146 would be most welcome.

Tom K.

Troubled and disconcerting times indeed! I am glad to see you have replenished your store of fruits and vegetables. I am not sure where you are in relation to Wuhan but I trust all is well. Take care and keep us appraised of your life with pens (and Yubi)!

I think there should be a Yubi fan club. Little pets can bring such delight a relief during times of stress. They remind us to just 'be'.

Well, I finally finished reading this thread. Although the thread began back on December 30, 2017 I just started reading it last week. I have become enthralled with all of you who have been contributing, with your pen acquisitions and discussions of nibs and inks. Special thanks and appreciation to Tom K., not only for his informative posts, but also for his unfailing graciousness and kindness. We live in difficult times and Tom helps us remember that there are folks everywhere who are of good will.

Unfortunately, I am very color blind (red/green) so I really can't appreciate the ink posts to the degree that the rest of you do, but I still enjoy the discussions. I mostly use MC Royal Blue and once in a while Private Reserve Sepia. I can see blue fairly well, and the sepia reminds me of the old manuscripts I read in the archives in graduate school, although I'm not sure what I see is the same that everyone else is seeing.

I have two MC 146s. One is from 1985 (F) and the other (B) more recent, a #20 Coral (EF) from the 1930s, and a 3-44 (OB) that's a few decades old, but I don't know its exact date. I use all of them regularly. I had a 149 (OB), but just could not get used to the size and sold it. After reading all of your posts I wish that I had given it more of a chance. I also once owned a Hemingway unused in box, never inked. I bought it fairly early on and sold it for substantially more than I paid originally. I kick myself at least every other day for my foolishness. I still have the ballpoint, but just not the same, is it? So, any advice on my next Montblanc purchase?

Best wishes...

David R. (aka Yubaprof)

fpn_1580815354__stocked_supermarket_note

fpn_1580815663__yubi_and_produce.jpg

Yubi and Fresh Produce

I am so thankful that you were able to find fresh food. I know how difficult it must be for you right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all others in China.

This thread has done much to enhance my enjoyment of pens and see MB in a different light. I return to it whenever I loose sight of the fact that writing instruments belong to the simple pleasures in life.

Thank you Tom K. and group!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Hi everyone -

I just thought I would let you know that Tom Kellie may not be on FPN for awhile. His international internet has been cut off. The city where Tom lives is in total lockdown because of the coronavirus outbreak. My daughter lives in the same city but they haven't cut her international internet yet.

He asked me to let you know.

Please keep them in your thoughts.

Don't worry , our prayers are with them . God is kind and will take care.

Hi everyone -

I just thought I would let you know that Tom Kellie may not be on FPN for awhile. His international internet has been cut off. The city where Tom lives is in total lockdown because of the coronavirus outbreak. My daughter lives in the same city but they haven't cut her international internet yet.

He asked me to let you know.

Please keep them in your thoughts.