Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke 2020-2023

RMN

fpn_1578898543__well-liked_inks.jpg

Especially Cherished Inks

These are three of my favorites as well! Also enjoyed your display of the scented inks. I've been working so hard lately that I've hardly had time to write.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• DrDebG

• meiers

• Cyrille81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are three of my favorites as well! Also enjoyed your display of the scented inks. I've been working so hard lately that I've hardly had time to write.

~ jmccarty3:

Thank you!

I'd wondered what had kept you largely away from FPN.

Those three inks are all reliable in nibs of various sizes.

Tom K.

Thank you for the scented ink writing samples Tom. I found them informative. I have enjoyed MB's history of scented inks, although they have certainly kicked it up a few notches in terms of volume and variety. Gone are the days of a single "Winter ink" special edition with Western European traditional holiday scents like pine treed or ginger bread cookies. They did make writing Christmas cards more enjoyable. Seems like people hardly write cards any more...

~ zaddick:

I appreciate your mentioning past Montblanc scented inks, which preceded my coming to Montblanc.

Pine tree scent?

Gingerbread cookie scent?

All of those sound appealing to me.

Tom K.

fpn_1579689738__rat_lunar_new_year.png

Montblanc's 2020 Year of the Rat Fountain Pen

Tom K. -

Wow! What a gorgeous pen! I had not seen this pen yet! Congratulations on your new find!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

fpn_1579589550__lion_heads.jpg

Chinese Lion Heads

fpn_1579590062__chinese_lions.jpg

Yubi's Lunar New Year Card

Yubi is so much more handsome than the New Year's favor. I hope you enjoy the celebration! But please be careful. I understand the coronavirus is creating some real problems there.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thank you Tom Kellie, for posting this. Wow! This looks really interesting. I like the "touch of pink". But I imagine it is probably really heavy because of the all the metal. And it is definitely out of my price range right now. Still it is a very nice looking pen.

Edited by 5Cavaliers

Lovely shot, Tom! Thank you for sharing it.

I am so excited! Soon, I will be able to join you all with a new BB nib on a Montblanc Great Characters John F. Kennedy in Blue! Our friends at Fritz Schimpf were able to locate one since this edition is no longer made and will not be made again. It is ordered, the new BB nib will be installed there and then it will be shipped to me. I can't wait and just had to share the news!

Thank you, Tom Kellie, for telling me about Fritz Schimpf!

Edited by 5Cavaliers

I prefer Yubi to the Webster

~ Uncial:

Yubi feels flattered.

He feels that pink plumage may be a wee bit overrated.

Tom K.

Thanks, Tom, for sharing these images of the new MB offerings and, of course, Yubi.

~ Toll:

Yubi is hoping for a lively fountain pen year.

Why?

Because anything which keeps me at my writing desk keeps me near to him.

Tom K.

I am so excited! Soon, I will be able to join you all with a new BB nib on a Montblanc Great Characters John F. Kennedy in Blue! Our friends at Fritz Schimpf were able to locate one since this edition is no longer made and will not be made again. It is ordered, the new BB nib will be installed there and then it will be shipped to me. I can't wait and just had to share the news!

Thank you, Tom Kellie, for telling me about Fritz Schimpf!

~ 5Cavaliers:

Hurray!

This is tremendous news!

Fritz Schimpf...a blue JFK...a BB nib.

2020 will bring more writing pleasure to your home.

A BB nib is such a terrific tool for displaying the beauty of high quality inks.

Thank you for your very kind words above.

Tom K.

~ 5Cavaliers:

Hurray!

This is tremendous news!

Fritz Schimpf...a blue JFK...a BB nib.

2020 will bring more writing pleasure to your home.

A BB nib is such a terrific tool for displaying the beauty of high quality inks.

Thank you for your very kind words above.

Tom K.

You are very welcome, Tom.

Yes, 2020 shall be a fun year for my writing.