Kanwrite Desire Materials

Cyclohexene

Hi all. So I'm interested in the Kanwrite Desire model, but after some research it leads me to believe that the Desire is available in 2 different materials: in vegetal resin CAB and in acrylic.

While I appreciate the eco-friendly nature of CAB (I think it is?), my nose doesn't agree with this sentimentality and its smell makes me dizzy. Thus I would like to get the acrylic version; is there a way to differentiate between them before ordering?

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cvk

• Dimy

• Aditkamath26

• Cyclohexene

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. So I'm interested in the Kanwrite Desire model, but after some research it leads me to believe that the Desire is available in 2 different materials: in vegetal resin CAB and in acrylic.

While I appreciate the eco-friendly nature of CAB (I think it is?), my nose doesn't agree with this sentimentality and its smell makes me dizzy. Thus I would like to get the acrylic version; is there a way to differentiate between them before ordering?

Thanks a lot!

Shoot them up an email and ask them for the acrylic variants of the Desire. They're really helpful with all this stuff :)

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 7:01 PM, Cyclohexene said:

Thus I would like to get the acrylic version; is there a way to differentiate between them before ordering?

The transluscent "crystal" options have no strong smell. I have three such pens, the only smell they have is of ink.

Send an email to kanpurwriters@gmail.com, the owners usually reply within hours.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:50 AM, cvk said:

Did you find about this? How did you differentiate between these two variants? 

From my understanding Kanwrite has stopped using CAB and use acrylic for new ones. This was asked by me when I bought the heritage and inquired for desire while at it. The reply was that desire is acrylic moulded pen.

Also as said above new ones no longer smell so another nail in cab coffin I guess.

1 hour ago, Dimy said:

From my understanding Kanwrite has stopped using CAB and use acrylic for new ones. This was asked by me when I bought the heritage and inquired for desire while at it. The reply was that desire is acrylic moulded pen.

Also as said above new ones no longer smell so another nail in cab coffin I guess.

Thank you ! I also  saw the phrase “Acrylic moulded “ but had not idea what that meant or if it was another name for normal plastic /,vegetal resin found in kW apex pens. Do you see any difference in material other than the smell? ( tbh that smell never bothered me) do you think acrylic is closer to wality’s 69 t acrylic? By any chance  Do you have any photos or reviews posted already of these pens made from the new material?

8 hours ago, cvk said:

Thank you ! I also  saw the phrase “Acrylic moulded “ but had not idea what that meant or if it was another name for normal plastic /,vegetal resin found in kW apex pens. Do you see any difference in material other than the smell? ( tbh that smell never bothered me) do you think acrylic is closer to wality’s 69 t acrylic? By any chance  Do you have any photos or reviews posted already of these pens made from the new material?

In terms of material it is like thin acrylic for desire. The material on desire is not CAB that I can tell. For me there is apart from smell (which never bothered me either to be honest), there is a sort of sticky feel that comes with CAB in my case especially in summers (most likely due to high sweat when in hot room), this one does not has that. So I think it is safe to say that it is not CAB at least. The built apart from that is hard acrylic and well its good but not something that I would want to fall on ground.

When comparing with plastic pens like preppy or prefounte (which is much weaker) this one is harder to bent and will not break as easily but its not as thick as Heritage from Kanwrite which feels more robust just cos of sheer thickness (I feel I can drop heritage a few times from small height and will cause no issues, cant say same for desire if dropped from say 4 or 5 feet on hard tiles (not that I am inclined to do so in either case). Mine did survive when barrel of pen fell accidentally in bathroom (was flushing the guy) nothing happened so its more sturdy then if feels for sure. Overall its quite nice pen and very light in weight.

As for wality acrylic, I never have used it, my experience is limited to 69EB on personal level so can't exactly compare 2 yet.

Now for review, this one by me was done on new model of pen. Since then I also have bought a black one (looks much more classy to be honest) with EF ultra flex nib, this one works fine and the only change in these 2 approx years I see is that the convertor material seems to have improved and its not gotten yellow......probably a change in material but well I have not abused this the same way I did the test pen in review. Will tell if something funny happens. Apart from this the pen is still the same.