• Tom Kellie

• admmarcos

• fpupulin

• maclink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thott said:

Ideed!

They are both amazing pens and the nibs are beautiful.
I like broad nibs. My Egyptomania has a BB nib and it writes fantastic.....

3 month for a nib change is quite long. Did you mail the pen to Germany or could you do it in India?

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, 

The nib exchange took place in India itself.

Do enjoy your BB nib. 

Amit

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:16 PM, Arcadian said:

I agree, the bronze look has a very warm feeling to it. While I agree that the section is thinner than what would be ideal, it's far better on the Egyptomania than on the Rouge & Noir by virtue of the thicker octagonal barrel. It fills the hand a little more, which counteracts the underdimensioned section. As for the real vintage safety pens, that is an experience I have still to look forward to! 

- P. 

@Arcadian You are probably right. I have some faceted pens with a section of hourglass shape which is much thinner than the barrel. They are definitely more comfortable than the truly skinny pens where the section and barrel are both very thin. I am going to the boutique to have a look at both the resin and the Doué. 

• 1 month later...

For anyone else still waiting ……. I’ve just received an email from Appelboom saying that my Doue BB, ordered 6+ months ago, is being shipped today 👏!

4 hours ago, christam said:

For anyone else still waiting ……. I’ve just received an email from Appelboom saying that my Doue BB, ordered 6+ months ago, is being shipped today 👏!

I waited both of mine months too. Well worth the wait. Appelboom too. Like both my 1912 they are keepers.

5 hours ago, christam said:

Great to know and I'm sure it's a relief.

I ordered mine in late June so it's been near 6 months as well.

8 hours ago, gtei said:

Congrats. 👏.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, nibtip said:

I waited both of mine months too. Well worth the wait. Appelboom too. Like both my 1912 they are keepers.

I’m excited to see how the BB nib on this one compares to the BB on one of my LEs. Ordering through Appelboom gives a perfect experience if you want something other than a fine or medium nib, and their prices are excellent. 

5 hours ago, maclink said:

Great to know and I'm sure it's a relief.

I ordered mine in late June so it's been near 6 months as well.

Thanks. At the moment it looks as though mine will be delivered on Monday and I must say it’s nice to be able to look forward properly to its arrival. Hopefully yours will also get to you soon. 

I went with Stilograph Corsani. Stefano is a real gem. He had mine with DHL within 45 minutes of ordering. I'm all for patience, but there was no need in this case.

Now i'm waiting for it to get back from Mike Masuyama with an xxf nib. I did enjoy it for a week though and I must say it lived up to and perhaps exceeded expectations. 

1 hour ago, maclink said:

I just got notification that mine with a B nib has shipped from Appelboom. 🤗

Excellent news!  Words can't express how much I love the BB nib on mine.  It's no more a BB nib than I am:  instead, it's a wonderful, slightly crisp stub nib of approx 1.1mm that reminds me a lot of the gold 1.1 stubs on a couple of my Montegrappas.  But this one's even nicer to write with.  If I'd asked MB to customise one to my exact requirements, it wouldn't be more perfect.

I nearly ordered the OBB nib and changed my mind at the last moment - one of the best decisions I ever made.

Enjoy yours when it arrives and I hope you, too, think it's been worth the wait 👍

Delivery was quick!  

🤩🤩

It's been worth the wait.  I inked it up with MB Royal Blue and this nib is hands down, my favourite among my MB nibs.  In fact, it's the best out of the box nib grind I have.  I have custom grinds that are great as well, but my goodness, this one is really good.  It's more on the italic side with a beautiful level of feedback.  The nib is also quite soft.  The overall effect is hugely satisfying for the investment.

IMG_0290.thumb.jpeg.e6692d299e2d3cac197016d6cd07f96f.jpeg

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, ak47 said:

Hi

reading About egyptomania...

I am falling with it. A question..how much heavy is the doué?

Thanks 

I don't have the numbers, but it is significantly heavier. I have the regular one, and considered getting the doué as well because its heft gives it a real presence in the hand. 

- P.