New Model: Lamy Dialog Cc (Scheduled For September?)

Lilla-My

Here's a link to the promo video for what I assume is the "Ideal" (although it's labelled "Ideos" on the video).

https://bit.ly/2NqC6ge

(I'm more won over by the Dialog)

(edited to hide the link, and avoid spoilers for those who may not want to see the new pen until it arrives in stores).

Edited by dennis_f

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dennis_f

• peroride

• Lilla-My

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting! Looks like a combination of previous designs - accent, studio, aion. Well see!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Thanks for posting! Looks like a combination of previous designs - accent, studio, aion. Well see!

And those little clips at the end of the barrel... aren't those reminiscent of the CP1?

Despite what I said in that post, it is slowly growing on me... but I still prefer the new look of the Dialog.

I don't see a way to extend/retract the nib.

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the square with the embossed logo) might trigger the nib... Maybe?!? Unless Lamy has very cleverly hidden a seam around which a part of the barrel rotates (like the current model).

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the

square with the embossed logo) might

trigger the nib... Maybe?!? Unless Lamy

has very cleverly hidden a seam around

which a part of the barrel rotates (like

the current model).

The video doesn't show the button moving when the nib extends. It looks more like a roll stop like on the Pico.

the Danitrio Fellowship

The video doesn't show the button moving when the nib extends. It looks more like a roll stop like on the Pico.

Of course, yes, you're right (I was too busy watching the nib, probably).

I just rewatached the video: at the 3 second, 14 second, and the 32 second mark, you can clearly see the seam on both pens (more prominently on the white one). Presumably then, this will be a twist operator.

Of course, yes, you're right (I was too busy watching the nib, probably).

I just rewatached the video: at the 3 second, 14 second, and the 32 second mark, you can clearly see the seam on both pens (more prominently on the white one). Presumably then, this will be a twist operator.

Sharp eyes. I still can't see it on my phone.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Sharp eyes. I still can't see it on my phone.

Had to wear my glasses AND watching it on a 27" monitor. I can't see anything on my phone.

If you're really curious, it's clearest at the 14 second mark; look at the white pen, directly below where it's top edge is passing through the hoop. The seam is directly in line with the inner ring of the hoop as it strikes the top of the pen. The seam on the blue pen is a bit to the right of that line.

At the 32 second mark, the seam on the white pen is about two thirds of the way between the nib and the point at which the pen hits the (right hand) screen frame.

Edited by dennis_f

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the square with the embossed logo) might trigger the nib... Maybe?!? Unless Lamy has very cleverly hidden a seam around which a part of the barrel rotates (like the current model).

Are we talking about the Dialog cc or the Ideo?

Lamy says this about the cc:

“The LAMY dialog cc, a new variant of the capless twist-action fountain pen LAMY dialog, deserves special mention. Equipped with the same ingenious twist mechanism as the LAMY dialog, the new LAMY dialog cc is smaller and more delicate and offers numerous possibilities for use thanks to its handy size.“

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

“The LAMY dialog cc, a new variant of the capless twist-action fountain pen LAMY dialog, deserves special mention. Equipped with the same ingenious twist mechanism as the LAMY dialog, the new LAMY dialog cc is smaller and more delicate and offers numerous possibilities for use thanks to its handy size.“

DougC and I were talking about the Dialog. He (and originally myself as well), couldn't see a seam that indicated the point around which the twist mechanism would rotate, and thus, we were wondering how the nib would be extended. But it seems we found the seam now. Apologies to everyone else who spotted this right off the bat.

If it's the same twist mechanism, does that mean it won't be any better at keeping the nib from drying out than the Dialog 3? Because I have one of those, and it doesn't do awfully well in that department. I admit, though, that a slimmer design might feel a little better.

Too high brow concept for me, i just see purdy pokey stick that writes :P

Why the negativity and insults?

Anything above a No.2 Pencil or a BiC Stic is just pluffery anyway.

Anything one pays above the price of those two is personal choice.

Why the negativity and insults?

Anything above a No.2 Pencil or a BiC Stic is just pluffery anyway.

Anything one pays above the price of those two is personal choice.

Sorry for not being clear, but that was not an insult to the pen which I like but rather the marketing of it.

If the same ad had a No. 2 Pencil or BiC Stic in place of the dialog cc, the sentence would be unchanged.

So basically a fountain pen version of the pico. Wish they had some type of clip for both of them.

Secundum Artem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone know the status of this model? Seems like there was a lot of chatter and then ...nothing. 

Has this new model been seen in the wild yet? I'm eager to learn more about it or better yet get my hands on one.