New Model: Lamy Dialog Cc (Scheduled For September?)

Lilla-My

I should have turned the pages further - apologies (I thought I did - perhaps the pages stuck - the next item in the book is the Dialog 3). I looked at pages 1-4 in the chapter (2 & 4 are just pictures), missed page 5 and 6 - the next page is the Dialog 3

Edited by dapprman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dennis_f

• peroride

• Lilla-My

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should have turned the pages further - apologies (I thought I did - perhaps the pages stuck - the next item in the book is the Dialog 3). I looked at pages 1-4 in the chapter (2 & 4 are just pictures), missed page 5 and 6 - the next page is the Dialog 3

:lticaptd: I just looked at the site and deactivated NoScript in Firefox. With Javascript there is a picture overlapping the one I posted and the nib isn't visible. Who knows what went wrong when you read it.

Edited by Astron

:lticaptd: I just looked at the site and deactivated NoScript in Firefox. With Javascript there is a picture overlapping the one I posted and the nib isn't visible. Who knows what went wrong when you read it.

Was looking through the actual book - hence the pages possibly sticking ;)

TBH while the book is interesting it is also very dry and took a long time to complete. Reason almost certainly is because it's mainly the various info pieces put alongside the pictures at the actual exhibition.

• 3 weeks later...

What an exciting news ! :yikes:

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

I had considered the Dialog several times, but I knew it would be too heavy for me. This looks like an acceptable alternative. I will have to keep watch out for this.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I have a Dialog 3 and I like it except for its inability to keep the nib from drying out for more than a couple of days. I wonder if there are any mechanical improvements along those lines in the Dialog cc. I will be waiting with interest for when I can take a look at it in person. Maybe there will be some at the SF Pen Show (assuming it goes forward) at the end of August. Or I can wait and see it in the SF Lamy store.

I have a Dialog 3 and I like it except for its inability to keep the nib from drying out for more than a couple of days. I wonder if there are any mechanical improvements along those lines in the Dialog cc. I will be waiting with interest for when I can take a look at it in person. Maybe there will be some at the SF Pen Show (assuming it goes forward) at the end of August. Or I can wait and see it in the SF Lamy store.

I’ve two dialogs. Both nibs dry out within a few days of non-use.

Was yours the original design or the update? Never had a problem with mine though they had redone the sealing mechanism (newer version has the ink windows on the cartridge/converter bracket).

Problem I had with mine was it being carried around attached by the slip to a travel journal in my pocket. Clip was starting to be pushed to one side, but more importantly the bouncing round would start to cause the nib unit to come loose and start to rotate round.

Wow this looks good, always felt the Dialogue 3 was too long and heavy.

Any idea when will this release? Is it planned for September officially?

This is the image from the catalogue.

• 1 month later...

Lamy's marketing team confirmed to me a couple of weeks ago that they currently plan a September launch.

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

>September launch.

Exciting! Something to look forward to :) and would be even better if they supported the Z27 converter and hopefully took a page from Platinum with some slip & seal dry out prevention :P

:bunny01:

Was yours the original design or the update? Never had a problem with mine though they had redone the sealing mechanism (newer version has the ink windows on the cartridge/converter bracket).

Problem I had with mine was it being carried around attached by the slip to a travel journal in my pocket. Clip was starting to be pushed to one side, but more importantly the bouncing round would start to cause the nib unit to come loose and start to rotate round.

Sorry, I didn't see this response before. Mine does have the ink windows as you describe them, so I assume it is the newer improved version. I have found as I inked it up this time that my drying out problems went away when I used a very wet ink (in this case, The Blues from Papier Plume). So it is back in my good graces. I'm still potentially interested in the new one.

With the wetter ink in my Dialog 3, I got about five A4 pages over six weeks before it ran out of ink. I don't know if that's reasonable or not, I've never tried to keep track before. It seems to be about the same as I got from a large lever fill pen.

Still looking forward to checking out the new model though. If the SF pen show comes off at the end of August, as the plan currently is, maybe they'll have something there for folks to see, if not buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got some news that the release may be delayed due to the current crisis. Hope Lamy is able to stick to 2020 timeline though!

• 1 month later...

Super! Thanks for the video; looks like they are floating on a hold pattern waiting to be delivered to mailboxes worldwide!

The matte cobalt blue is purdy

Over on Lamy’s PR site, I found this as part of their overly word-crafted, weasel infested corporate nonsense:

>>> In 2019, Lamy once again continued to focus on the themes of brand experience and sharpening its lifestyle profile. (snipped) In 2020 Lamy plans to launch three new series at once, which will further advance the premium positioning of the brand. The LAMY dialog cc, a new variant of the capless twist-action fountain pen LAMY dialog, deserves special mention. Equipped with the same ingenious twist mechanism as the LAMY dialog, the new LAMY dialog cc is smaller and more delicate and offers numerous possibilities for use thanks to its handy size. In addition, LAMY ideal is a completely new product family to expand the range. Designed by EOOS, it interprets the proven Lamy design principles in an innovative way. The third Lamy innovation is the LAMY xevo ballpoint pen designed by Eric Degenhardt and characterised by a minimalist, reduced design.

https://www.lamy.com/fileadmin/redaktion/Pressebereich/Lamy_Review_of_the_year_and_outlook_2020.pdf

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Offers numerous possibilities for use? Besides writing, what do they have in mind?

Thank you for the information! I wonder what the Lamy ideal will be. It doesnt even say if it will be a pen.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

>Designed by EOOS, it interprets the proven Lamy design principles in an innovative way.

Hey they designed Wittgenstein's fingerprint http://www.eoos.com/cms/index.php?id=69#

so now I'm thinking that cc does not stand for cartridge/converter :lol:

LAMY dialog cc - what does it all mean? (MB lifestyle upsell business playbook)

Too high brow concept for me, i just see purdy pokey stick that writes :P

I'm going to guess this lands around $250USD including the numerous possibilities or $175 for just the pen. :D