New Model: Lamy Dialog Cc (Scheduled For September?)

Lilla-My

Hi,

I just saw in a store catalogue some images of the coming Lamy dialog cc (due for September).

Is there any info on the Internet?

There’ll be two colours (if I remember correctly), one white and one dark blue; also the Lamy logo will be on a rose-gold coloured rectangle near the nib.

It’s basically a shorter dialog – something that isn’t for those who are used to using their fountain pen posted.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dennis_f

• peroride

• Lilla-My

• ljz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A new Dialog pen with retractable nib ,shorter in size and maybe a little thinner will be a nice addition to the retractable pens in the market. :yikes:

The store owner got to hold a pre-series model in the hand, so I asked about the diameter, but it doesn’t seem to be thinner.

Also, I think the Lamy logo serves as a roll-stop.

Personally, the roll-stop is perhaps a bit too much aesthetically wise, but overall it seemed pretty sleek and more modern than the dialog 3.

I might be convinced by this model.

On a side note, at the end of the catalogue, there’s a teasing of a new writing instrument – close-up near the clip.

Are there any images online? Id be super interested in that. I LOVE my pico ballpoint pen and sometimes wish my dialog were a bit smaller.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Are there any images online?

Not last time I checked. I suppose Lamy would not appreciate a photo of the catalogue; unless it’s what they want?

This is the image from the catalogue.

Great.

There were also some close-ups, if I remember correctly.

Do you happen to have more information, like the price?

This is the image from the catalogue.

I've always been enticed by the Dialog, but found it too long and too heavy. But this image really tempts me, and if it is shorter than the Dialog, I think I'll buy one or both.

Thats really cool! I salute Lamy for consistently developing new and compelling pen designs!

Thanks for posting! :)

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Thank you @ljz for sharing the photo :P

The holeless nib looks like the Lamy Imporium Z57 which suggests pricing more toward premium luxury Pilot Capless LS and less so in the range of affordable workhorse, Platinum Curidas. :rolleyes:

I can see some marketing sense there going for the high end as they are doing well by the Z50 nib lines of Safaris, Studios, LXs, etc

But who knows maybe Lamy will retract price to the mid-range into Lamy 2000 territory and that would extend more wallets :thumbup:

They could just paint it Bauhaus blue for the higher end stuff :happyberet:

Thank you @ljz for sharing the photo :P

The holeless nib looks like the Lamy Imporium Z57 which suggests pricing more toward premium luxury Pilot Capless LS and less so in the range of affordable workhorse, Platinum Curidas. :rolleyes:

I can see some marketing sense there going for the high end as they are doing well by the Z50 nib lines of Safaris, Studios, LXs, etc

But who knows maybe Lamy will retract price to the mid-range into Lamy 2000 territory and that would extend more wallets :thumbup:

They could just paint it Bauhaus blue for the higher end stuff :happyberet:

Pilot Capless LS is way too expensive with just a little “improvement” on its retract mechanism. A friend of mine who have bought it a few weeks ago advised me to rather save the money. :roller1:

I’m in my twenties and already have had hard times in distinguishing black and blue Lamy 2000 in my dimly lit study. It’s like the more I use the blue one, the darker its colour gets. A bad decision to get the Blue Bauhaus? I don’t know. Or should I take it out often for perambulations in the sun, so as to admire its dark blue / navy blue? :eureka:

Edited by ljz
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the early scetches of the Lamy Pico Rollerball, which was obviously a retractable fountain pen in the earliest concepts.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the early scetches of the Lamy Pico Rollerball, which was obviously a retractable fountain pen in the earliest concepts.

Nope - just checked my copy of Thinking Tools - their official history. The Pico was always going to be a pocket ballpoint pen, however it was designed by the same person who did the original Dialog 3 (Franco Clivio)