Something New! Community Ink Reviews: Waterman Serenity Blue

DrDebG

Thanks, Smug. It's getting there. :D

No worries. You just need to copy the (for example) [IMG]http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1580377964__20200108_132053.jpg[/img] bit into the text of your post now, to embed the inline image. :)

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrDebG

• corniche

• Misfit

• A Smug Dill

Thanks Smug,

Got it fixed - thanks for your help. :thumbup:

FWIW, I took that pic for a pen review I've been thinking about doing for the Cross Bailey Light.

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hi 5 Cavaliers,

I'll try. I've tried posting images on here before, but they were all rejected for being too big; maybe now that I'm a supporter and have a larger photo gallery available to me, I'll have better luck. We'll see.

When I was on here before, I used to use Photobucket, but they charge now.

You want to see the Quink, or a comparison?

Hi Corniche -

It looks like you have solved your image posting issues. Hooray!

Yes, I would love to see a comparison of Quink and Waterman Serenity Blue. I imagine others would as well. Thank you for offering.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Test Pic:

fpn_1580426623__20200108_132053.jpg

FWIW, The pens, L-R:

Pelikan m200 LE; Pelikan 600; Parker Duofold Centennial; Platinum 3776 Century; Cross Bailey Light, (fp & rb); Conklin Duragraph LE; Lamy Safari; Pilot VP & MB 145.

What a collection of lovelies! Thank you for sharing them.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I don't think whether someone is or isn't a paid-up "supporter" is the issue there.

I suggest you try this: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/blog/2/entry-22-the-images-upload-tab-what-is-it-how-to-use-it/

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter. It took me sometime to figure out how to upload my photos. One of the things I love of FPN is that people are willing to help others in a whole myriad of ways. Thanks again!

I agree with corniche about everybody having a bottle of Waterman (Florida Blue) Serenity Blue. When my Visconti Homo Sapiens was not writing well after filling it with J Herbin Cafe des Iles, I cleaned and filled it with the Waterman (Florida Blue). Better writing. Relief. My brother let me know that this ink was the one to use in a problematic pen. If it wrote, pen is OK.

I did not know it had a red sheen until someone mentioned it at pen club.

Posted Image

I agree with corniche about everybody having a bottle of Waterman (Florida Blue) Serenity Blue. When my Visconti Homo Sapiens was not writing well after filling it with J Herbin Cafe des Iles, I cleaned and filled it with the Waterman (Florida Blue). Better writing. Relief. My brother let me know that this ink was the one to use in a problematic pen. If it wrote, pen is OK.

I did not know it had a red sheen until someone mentioned it at pen club.

Thank you for posting your comments. This helps everyone. Would you be able to post a written sample for us?

What a collection of lovelies! Thank you for sharing them.

Hi 5 Cavaliers,

Thank you for all the compliments. I'm hoping to get a writing sample together for you guys this weekend.

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Hi Everyone,

It's upside down - don't know why, but no matter:

fpn_1580601946__20200201_185821.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

Thank you for posting your comments. This helps everyone. Would you be able to post a written sample for us?

The HS has a different ink in it now. I could take a photo of how it wrote when I used it to make a pen and ink notation in a notebook.

This is upside down (I tried twice) but here is the photo

fpn_1580614912__22577041-d2ff-4e64-8b5d-

Does anyone know how to delete photos from the Upload section?

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

@bizhe

It's not an ink review, though, and certainly does not fit with the stated purpose of what posts in the Ink Reviews section of the forum is about.

Just like Tom Kellie, I'd have thought this fits in the Co-Razy-Views section, but since the O.P. expressed a belief that it's not quite the same thing and elected knowingly to put it in Inky Thoughts, I'd imagine it's up to moderators to decide which of those two sections this really belongs.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I’m having some unusual issues with trying to edit my above post. I wanted to replace the photo by deleting the link, and putting in the new one. A screen I’ve never seen opened up. Here is, I hope, a photo that is right side up. In good light, I saw red sheen on the printed letters.

fpn_1580615506__d9df994b-c572-4483-8655-

Posted Image

The HS has a different ink in it now. I could take a photo of how it wrote when I used it to make a pen and ink notation in a notebook.

This is upside down (I tried twice) but here is the photo

fpn_1580614912__22577041-d2ff-4e64-8b5d-

Does anyone know how to delete photos from the Upload section?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one. :)

Im having some unusual issues with trying to edit my above post. I wanted to replace the photo by deleting the link, and putting in the new one. A screen Ive never seen opened up. Here is, I hope, a photo that is right side up. In good light, I saw red sheen on the printed letters.

fpn_1580615506__d9df994b-c572-4483-8655-

How did you manage this, Misfit?

I figured out how I held my phone to get it upside down, then oriented the phone the opposite way. You have to hold it sideways, or where it is widest (in photo speak Landscape). When I take photos holding the phone in what would be Portrait mode, my photos post here on their sides.

Now I have 5 or 6 photos in the upload area of this same image. Sigh.

Posted Image

I figured out how I held my phone to get it upside down, then oriented the phone the opposite way. You have to hold it sideways, or where it is widest (in photo speak Landscape). When I take photos holding the phone in what would be Portrait mode, my photos post here on their sides.

Okay, thanks; I think I got it.

I think when I held the iPhone right to get the photo, the button to touch to take the photo was to the right.

Posted Image

I think when I held the iPhone right to get the photo, the button to touch to take the photo was to the right.

Okay, great! That cinches it; I had the button on the left. Thanks. 👍

@bizhe

It's not an ink review, though, and certainly does not fit with the stated purpose of what posts in the Ink Reviews section of the forum is about.

Just like Tom Kellie, I'd have thought this fits in the Co-Razy-Views section, but since the O.P. expressed a belief that it's not quite the same thing and elected knowingly to put it in Inky Thoughts, I'd imagine it's up to moderators to decide which of those two sections this really belongs.

Dear bizhe, A Smug Dill and Tom Kellie -

I really appreciate your comments. I was just trying an experiment. It isn't an Ink Review, perhaps not even a Co-Razy-View, so where does it go?

I really welcome your comments. My hope is that anyone could post a Community Review and that everyone would feel comfortable to add their comments - preferably hand-written comments using the ink in question.

I will ask the one of the moderator extraordinaires to look at this and put it where they feel it should belong.

Edited by 5Cavaliers