Montblanc Meisterstuck Nikolai I Rollerball

monsieurblanc

hi all

bought this pen some 20 years ago in singapore at montblanc boutique and no longer have the box and tags. i've tried to get help identifying and getting the specs but cannot get much other than some contradictory info online. montblanc hasnt been very helpful, unfortunately.

does anyone know about this pen? any info and/or background on this pen would be greatly appreciated.

thx and cheers!

post-156253-0-28991300-1580009525_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monsieurblanc

• Kalessin

• gordeeal

• roadrunner320

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for your reply. what i would like to know is exactly what this pen is classified as: is it a legrande or a solitaire? what montblanc model number is it (162, 165, etc.) what is montblanc's official desgnation/description? is the nib or any other part gold or gold plated? is it classified as a rollerball or a ballpoint? i understand this info is quite basic but there is so much contradictory info and misnaming/mis-describing on the web that I now question even those basics.

your feedback and assistance to clear things up would be greatly appreciated.

thx and regards

The pen is a Czar Nikolai I Vermeil Rollerball.

The model number is 22162, this model is based off of the Meisterstuck 162 "Le Grand" Rollerball.

The model number is 22163, this model is based off the Meisterstuck 163 Rollerball.

The Czar Nikolai series consisted of a large fountain pen (146-size piston filler), small fountain pen (144-size cartridge/converter filler), extra-small fountain pen (114 "Mozart"-size cartridge filler), ballpoint, rollerball and pencil models, in vermeil (gold plated over silver) and platinum plated over brass.

You have a very nice pen!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

thx so much for sharing your knowledge and insight, kalessin. greatly appreciated. might i ask if you have an idea what the present day value of this particular vintage pen is? a best guesstimate?

cheers!

You're welcome!

The best indicator of current value would be completed auctions and sales on eBay (and similar completed sales on other sites).

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

I am not sure that is the Le Grand size. That looks to me to be the classique size (163) roller ball, which is the smaller of the two. Value depends on the condition but I would say approximately $700-1000 is a fair value.

I am not sure that is the Le Grand size. That looks to me to be the classique size (163) roller ball, which is the smaller of the two. Value depends on the condition but I would say approximately $700-1000 is a fair value.

Indeed it is not LeGrand.

LeGrand version also existed, but was bigger and had a screw-on cap.

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

You are quite right! I updated the model number in my first reply on this thread.

I find it interesting that Montblanc released such a wide variety of Meisterstuck sizes and writing modes (fountain pen, rollerball, pencil, ballpoint) in this design, probably because of very strong sales.