Conid, Eh?

markofp

My Conid was actually purchased without a nib. Back when I pulled the trigger I thought there might be a backorder on bock 380 nibs causing the delay in shipments.

I quite enjoy Bock nibs and have several of the #6 Ti nibs as well as an EF Gold swapped to my ASC Medio replacing the stock M. A few months ago I also purchased a Bock 380 Gold BB from FPnibs and had it stubbed/sandblasted and ruthenium plated and it's living in a Ranga model 5.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WLSpec

• silverlifter

• markofp

• maclink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I just took a look at their website, and now "May 1st" has been changed to "until further notice".

So this is going to go on a while longer . . . :(

To provide an update to some of my previous posts in this thread, I received my Conid Kingsize yesterday. I immediately threw a Sailor KoP nib in it and am amazingly happy with everything about it.

Defiantly worth the wait and I'm looking forward to future purchases from Conid when they re-open to orders.

I certainly agree with you on it being worth the wait. Your pen looks great and congrats. How do you get the Sailor nib to fit? Does the nib/feed system of the sailor fit the Conid?

I guess I have to ask: it seems a lot of folks swap the nib on these from the Bock to something else. I'm a little curious about it. Are the Bock nibs any good at all? I was thinking about ordering one with the titanium nib, partly for the aesthetics of the pen. But all this talk in this and other threads of nib swapping . . .

My two Conids have Titanium nibs that I'm both very happy with. I do have Sailor nibs and don't find them any better to be truthful. The latest Titanium on my minimalistica is dynamite. Love it! Perhaps my favourite, though more likely a tie with the gold nib on my Franklin-Christoph M19, a medium-stub custom grind.

Well, I just took a look at their website, and now "May 1st" has been changed to "until further notice".

So this is going to go on a while longer . . . :(

Auguary or maybe Septober.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I certainly agree with you on it being worth the wait. Your pen looks great and congrats. How do you get the Sailor nib to fit? Does the nib/feed system of the sailor fit the Conid?

Flexible Nib Factory makes a housing that fits the KoP nib/feed.

https://flexiblenib.com/store/product/b8kope-housing-for-sailor-king-of-pen-nib-and-feed-in-bock-8/

It's great stuff, most sailor pens don't fit well in my hand but I love the nibs. I've got two Edison Colliers that are home to a few of my favorites.

When I ordered my first Conid pen, a Minimalistica Monarch, I ordered 3 nibs, one each in steel, titanium and gold. I had all ground to 0.8mm cursive italic. Since then, I bought a Standard and, in August, 2019, ordered another "regular" Minimalistica. The Minimalistic arrived this week.

I have had the gold nib installed in my Monarch and the steel nib in my Regular. The titanium nib just never did it for me. I think it is too springy to work well with my italic handwriting. So, after trying the titanium nib for a day or so in my newer Minimalistica, I swapped in a #6 stock steel 1.1mm Bock italic nib and much prefer how it writes.

Here are a few photos, including one comparing my two Minimalisticas:

David

Nice looking pens, I hope to order one! If I may ask, what purpose does that hole in the end cap serve?

Nice looking pens, I hope to order one! If I may ask, what purpose does that hole in the end cap serve?

In the depths of that hole, one can see the head of a hexagonal screw. I would surmise that's how the piston turner attaches to the piston rod.

David

In the depths of that hole, one can see the head of a hexagonal screw. I would surmise that's how the piston turner attaches to the piston rod.

David

Yes. If you have the tools, you can dissassemble it for a full breakdown.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

To provide an update to some of my previous posts in this thread, I received my Conid Kingsize yesterday. I immediately threw a Sailor KoP nib in it and am amazingly happy with everything about it.

Defiantly worth the wait and I'm looking forward to future purchases from Conid when they re-open to orders.

Everyone is trying to figure out where they are in the queue, so I have to ask: When did you order yours?

Everyone is trying to figure out where they are in the queue, so I have to ask: When did you order yours?

My order was placed July 30, 2019. I don't know if not ordering a nib with the pen changed when I received my order.