What Are Your Favourite Metal Pens?

MuddyWaters

Just a clarification since I can no longer edit my earlier post.

I've finally found out what the pen I mentioned (the cheap 3-4 EUR clone of the Delike Alpha) brand name likely is. I was looking for the latest Qigong Delike when I saw on some Asian pages what seems to be the equivalent (in looks and price) of this cheap clone. Not being fluent in the languages, my (mis?)understanding is that the brand name is "C3". They also seem to make clones now of the Steel Kaweco Sport/Delike Alpha and of the colored AL variants, although only the Steel variant seems now to be available on eBay in joint ads with the brass version.

That said, although these C3 clones have become my EDC (one with an F and another with an EMF FPR Flex nib) -they are always in a pants pocket-, I'd have to say that my current other favorite is the Kaweco Liliput Copper, closely followed by the metal Kaweco Sports (AL Stonewashed and Brass).

And for over 20+ years, it was a Montblanc Noblesse/Slimline, which was single-handedly my main pen, coupled with a super-slim pen that most likely was a Sheaffer Slim Targa (though after 30+ years I can hardly say if it was or if it was a clone since it didn't have any identifying marks).

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MuddyWaters

• bemon

• carola

• N1003U

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CRISS TOWNSEND.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

CROSS TOWNSEND.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

Cross Century, 1980.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Cross Century, 1980.

The CENTURY II is also a very nice pen.

I thought I wouldn't like metal pens and sections as much as all of the resins I had started with, but have since realized my affinity for metal and indeed heavy pens.

A few of my faves:

-Dupont atélier

-Caran d'Ache Varius (esp gold or rhodium + laque de chine

-Dupont Ellipsis (metal finish)

-CdA Léman

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Juliet Cyrus said:

My favorite is Wordsworth & Black fountain pen. Made from silver chrome, I can honestly say that its elegance is truly unparalleled.  It can write well on the surface of various paper types.

This is exactly what you wrote in another thread in June. 

Spammer?