Hello From...what Is The Date?...where Am I?

N1003U

What a delightful introduction!

And from a fellow Pelikan enthusiast!!

Thanks for the entertaining read.

Welcome to FPN!

I'm looking forward to your contributions in the Pelikan forum.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• N1003U

• SchaumburgSwan

• Parker51

• Tom Kellie

Valley Forge? Do happen to know a guy named Washington who winter camps around there sometimes?

Even if you don't know him, welcome to FPN and enjoy yourself.

Thanks!

Apparently during that tough winter of 1777, Washington wanted to engage a German consultant by the name of von Steuben, but there was a question of how to determine the meeting place. One legend has it that the tavern owner where the meeting was to take place hung a picture of Friedrich the Great on the door, and on the map von Steuben was given, the location was labeled King of Prussia. That label exists still today.

Edited by N1003U

Hallo und Willkommen hier!

I enjoyed Your introduction. :-)

Best wishes from the north

Jens

Vielen Dank aus dem Süden (Freiburg/Kaiserstuhl)!

I am not sure what for you qualifies as north, but I am about as far south as it gets in this country, and it is still about 8-degrees north of my hometown, which is in the Great Lakes region of the US.

What a delightful introduction!

And from a fellow Pelikan enthusiast!!

Thanks for the entertaining read.

Welcome to FPN!

I'm looking forward to your contributions in the Pelikan forum.

Thank you for your kind words.

I came to Pelikan almost by accident years ago when I was doing battle with Montblanc to repair a crappy 144 that to this day doesn't perform. I good friend of mine, who is a maestro with a fountain pen, introduced me to his Souverän collection, and I have been hooked ever since. Sure I use other brands, too, but Pelikan has a special place for me,

Vielen Dank aus dem Süden (Freiburg/Kaiserstuhl)!

I am not sure what for you qualifies as north, but I am about as far south as it gets in this country, and it is still about 8-degrees north of my hometown, which is in the Great Lakes region of the US.

Gerne,

I've been to Freiburg, Braisach and Oberrotweil some times...

North means the north german plains and more. Here in Schaumburg we are at the southern border of northern Germany.

Great Lakes region sounds nice...

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

Welcome. I am somewhat curios as to your use of the Edison Pens in Germany in regard to what sort of reaction you get, of any.

And thank you for your introduction, much better than a polite game of asking questions back and forth.

Thanks for the welcome. Parker51!

Without getting into too much detail and expressing myself in a way that could get me in trouble with the moderators (and/or violate one or more sections under §§185-200 in the StGB), let me just say that sometimes I am challenged here in Germany about the quality of products made in the USA, and when I produce an example of an Edison pen, I am able to silence some critics. (Of course despite the demonstrable quality of the construction of Edison pens, I am obligated also to concede that the nibs from Edison are also of German origin, but I can also quickly add that their performance is really nothing special before they are tuned by a knowledgeable nibmeister, who in the case of Edison also happens to be from the USA.)

The Edison that has gotten the most comments here in Germany so far is a cobalt flake Extended Mina, I suspect because it is rather unique in design. I am awaiting the delivery in the US of a Herald Grande in a somewhat rare Jonathon Brooks material that I will also at some point this year be in a position to bring to Germany and show off to my fellow pen fans; we'll see what they think. In general, I have created here at least a couple of Edison enthusiasts, I think.

Just about matches what I would expect.

I always find it interesting when I come across those (of any nationality) that operate on the basis of emotion rather than logic, especially when they are highly intelligent.

Gerne,

I've been to Freiburg, Braisach and Oberrotweil some times...

North means the north german plains and more. Here in Schaumburg we are at the southern border of northern Germany.

Great Lakes region sounds nice...

Best

Jens

:) That is always the question, isn't it?: Wo liegt der Weißwurstäquator? I have heard answers a far north as Düsseldorf, and as far south as the Danube. I suppose it is a matter of perspective... :P

If you like flatlands, freshwater lakes, and clear changes of season (sometimes all four seasons on the same day), then the Great Lakes is interesting place to live.

:) That is always the question, isn't it?: Wo liegt der Weißwurstäquator? I have heard answers a far north as Düsseldorf, and as far south as the Danube. I suppose it is a matter of perspective... :P

If you like flatlands, freshwater lakes, and clear changes of season (sometimes all four seasons on the same day), then the Great Lakes is interesting place to live.

Hi!

Weißwurstäquator? Between Franken and Hessen I'd say...

A Weisswurst wasn't offered here when I was younger, one of our professors imported them from his home town Munich and we had them at a summer party on the campus once a year.

Being ignorant north people we put the rest of them onto the grill like a Bratwurst at home - don't tell this to a bavarian. ;-)

The Great Lakes sounds very good.

Greetings

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

Thank you for your kind words.

I came to Pelikan almost by accident years ago when I was doing battle with Montblanc to repair a crappy 144 that to this day doesn't perform. I good friend of mine, who is a maestro with a fountain pen, introduced me to his Souverän collection, and I have been hooked ever since. Sure I use other brands, too, but Pelikan has a special place for me,

I love that you won't give up on that 144 and that the battle is personal! :)

I also came to Pelikan almost by accident. Never really considered one until I found a M640 dirty cheap... Or so I thought! That was the most expensive pen I ever bought, considering the almost obscene number of birds I have now :lticaptd: .

But, I also enjoy MBs.

Good luck finding that M600 Pink. Sometimes one does get lucky (I did last year and got one for release price. But, I just checked the place and they don't seem to have it anymore).