Broad-Nibbed Pelikan Souverän Pens In La Couronne Du Comte's Winter Sale

A Smug Dill

La Couronne du Comte has just put up several premium Broad-nibbed pens on its specials board for its "Winter Sale". Considering that there are no drop-down options for nib selection, from my experience it means these units are in clearance (or closeout) stock and should be ready to ship.

• Pelikan Souverän 800 Brown Black €329.75 ex VAT (25.4% off the list price)
  • Pelikan Souverän M1005 Stresemann €379.34 ex VAT (26.5% off the list price)
  • Pineider La Grande Bellezza Gemstones Lapis Blue €263.64 ex VAT (25.8% off the list price)

As far as I'm aware, multi-use discount codes (some of which you could find on certain well-known reviewers' web sites) can still be applied to further bring down the effective prices. It's almost a no-brainer to get at least an additional 10% off these prices.

All of the items qualify for free international shipping, even when each is ordered on its own. Alas, I have no use for any Broad-nibbed pen.

<EDIT>

A little more than eight hours after I posted this originally, LCdC finally got around to sending marketing email to notify newsletter subscribers of this sale.

The pens listed above are all gone now.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• The Blue Knight

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also on the specials board:

• 2x Sailor 1911 Large Simply Black (with 21K gold EF or M nib)
  • Aurora Talentum Full Black (with 14K gold F nib)
  • Waterman Carène Browngreen (with 18K gold M nib)
  • Pelikan M200 Star Ruby gift set (with steel M nib)
  • 3x large Opus 88 Demonstrator (with steel Stub, F, M nibs)
  • assorted other Aurora, Visconti, S.T. Dupont, Cross and Parker fountain pens

I'm not going to bother working out what levels of discount are being offered for those items, but I expect them all to be in the 25%–30% off range.

So much for my new year's resolution not to buy more pens! I caved and got the Pelikan M200 Star Ruby (with F nib) gift set (and, once I've done that and undermined my resolution, sent email to order one of the Ranga pens on clearance as well). I can confirm that the item I ordered has since been (quickly) taken off the specials board, so I'm convinced it is in stock and ready to ship; and, by extrapolation, so are the other items I listed above.

One curiosity is that the Visconti Watermark Silver Moon fountain pen listed on the board (with a 40% discount off the list price) right now has a 23K palladium Stub nib, whereas other retailers selling the model right now (e.g. Nibsmith.com and Iguana Sell) list it as being fitted with 18K gold nibs. I understand that Visconti is phasing out its palladium nibs in favour of gold nibs, so I'm not sure whether that makes for a valuable "last chance" to get the palladium nib, or on the flip side, make the item listed for clearance less attractive.

<EDIT>
Most of the specials I've been "watching" in this round, by placing them in my cart and then checking from time to time over the past 24 hours, has since become no longer available. Including, but not listed in detail above, an Aurora 888 Nettuno (EF nib) at 31.25% off and two Cross Peerless 125 (both with M nib) in different colours.

The only offers I've noted that are priced higher now than a little earlier during the Christmas Sale are the two Aurora Ipsilon sterling silver Rigorosa; they were €189.26 ex VAT before, with a choice of nib (which may not necessarily be already in stock), but now €194.21 ex VAT and only in F and M nibs (separate listings, so the items are in stock).

According to the newsletter, LCdC "will expand the range more in the coming weeks," in the context of the sale/specials. Hopefully it'll include the Aurora that I'm really watching (which is not the Black Mamba).

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.