Hey guys! I was pondering whether or not to order a full bottle of KWZ Azure #1 and I made this to help me decide. It didn't look extremely ugly so I decided to share, maybe it can be useful or something :)

post-149743-0-40923600-1577970949_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eclipse157

• DrDebG

• Tom Kellie

• Estycollector

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the China Blue best. The Azure is my second choice. I am basing this on everyday, business and pleasurable writing.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

~ Eclipse157:

That's a useful comparison image.

Thank you for posting it.

Diamine China Blue is one of my go-to inks.

All of the inks you've shown appeal to me.

I've never heard of Organics Studio Wedding Bell Blue. It appeals to me.

Tom K.

Thank you for doing this comparison. It is very helpful.

I really like the color of the KWZ Azure, with the Diamine China Blue next. Actually, I like them all alot.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thank you for doing this comparison. It is very helpful.

I really like the color of the KWZ Azure, with the Diamine China Blue next. Actually, I like them all alot.

~ DrDebG:

The more that I carefully look over the ink images, the more that I like all of them.

I've never seen Organics Studio inks as there's a limited selection of inks on offer in this area.

Such rich blues are easy on the eyes. Posting this comparison by Eclipse 157 was a great service.

Tom K.

Eclipse157 -

Does KWZ Azure #1 have the distinctive fragrance of vanilla that all KWZ inks have?

Have you noticed any fragrance with the Organic Studio inks?

I love many of the KWZI colors and they are lovely inks, but I am one of those weird people that get migraines from the fragrance. I have encountered the same thing with Noodler's inks as well. Wish I didn't have this issue!

I may have to try a sample of the Organic Studio inks to see. It reminds me of Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa.

Thank you again for doing this!

Truthfully, I love the Diamine China Blue, though.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Does KWZ Azure #1 have the distinctive fragrance of vanilla that all KWZ inks have?

Have you noticed any fragrance with the Organic Studio inks?

Yes Azure #1 smells like vanillin like all other KWZ samples I have. I don't really like it but it doesn't bother me, it just feels very fake to me, like they added vanillin on purpose.

O.S. inks do have their own smells but it's nothing dramatic like KWZ or Noodler's bulletproof chemical smell (which I greatly prefer over the vanillin from KWZ). They smell like ink to me.

I had to laugh at my earlier post and yours, Eclipse157. I sound like I am an "ink-sniffer" or something. Truly I am not, but I do seem to be very sensitive to odors.

Thank you for the information about O. S. inks. I have ordered some samples.

I sound like I am an "ink-sniffer" or something.

~ DrDebG:

It's OK.

We all have our little private peccadilloes.

Tom K.

:lticaptd:

I promise that I won't take that the wrong way!

If you like Azure #1, have you tried any of the L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio blues? You may really enjoy Bleu Ultramarine (a bit darker), Bleu Azur (a bit lighter), or perhaps even Bleu Mediterreanee. Check out some of the ink reviews. You might enjoy them.

I did have a look at AP inks and I wanted to try some of them, but there's only 1 online shop that sells them (among those I regularly peruse) and they don't have the most favourable prices, on the other hand ordering directly from them seem to have very high shipping rates (even if it's just France to Italy). I suppose they're a small operation and just charge the standard, private-citizen post office rate. I'm gonna get them eventually but need some more work on the shortlist. I'll consider your recommendation, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Diamine China Blue dry lighter? I was looking for something lighter... I expected China Blue would be much darker.