What Pen Are You Waiting For 2020

PenBuyer1796

Surprising to mention that my above post was written few minutes ago in the coffee room at my work place and I was unaware of what I would find on my desk as soon as back.

Yes, its the M605! Prime seems to work at the speed of lightning...

Thats delivery in less than 20 hours...

A shiver down the spine in seeing the simple cardboard envelope slightly bulging, and finding the small pelikan grey cardboard box with the pen inside.

The box is not squashed though and the pen is perfectly fine! That was an impulse buy and an impulse delivery too.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• brokenclay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waterman Cerene Ombres & Lumières with a Fine nib. Sale price made it a irresistible order. Should be her by end end of Jan

Can't stop buying pens... 1) 1980's Montblanc 149 14k M nib, 2) Leonardo Momento Zero Deep Blue F nib, and 3) Parker Duofold Centennial F nib are on the way... No more for the time being!

Leonardo Art Deco Grande incoming from Marco at Novelli. Kinda surprised he still had one. I like larger pens, especially if they offer a unique sensation to hold. I'm eager to experience the ebonite body with engraved textured pattern of the Leonardo.

It’s not so much waiting. I got a Caran d’Ache 849 fountain pen in fluorescent green at pen club at The Pen Place. I wasn’t planning on buying one. But I read a blog post about it, got to try one at pen club. With our meetings right outside the store, it’s so easy.

Shockingly for me, I got it with an EF nib because they can show line variation with cursive tail letters for instance. The one I tried did that.

Posted Image

Was looking for a Pelikan somehow ended up purchasing a MB Boheme from FPN classifieds....

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

I'm waiting for a nib, not a pen. A 18 k No. 6 Edison nib. I just posted in another forum, but I'll ask the same question here:

Anyone have experience with a gold Edison nib vs the steel? I ordered it without doing a ton of research to be honest.

Attended the South West Pen Show today and ordered an Onoto Magna Classic blue and gold fittings with chasing with a broad nib. Hopefully arriving early next week!

A Stipula "Tartaruga" from Novelli's (Marco's e-mails are always a dangerous threat to one's marital stability) is at the delivery depot and I'm picking that up on the way home. And, an M815 Metal Stripes in medium with a Mottishaw Cursive Italic grind, their firesale was too hard to resist. I think I'm done with buying pens for this quarter.

edited: for weird autocorrection.

Edited by MalcLee

Five new Platinum Prefounte pens — one in each available colour — just arrived. It was a choice between topping my order (primarily of "spare" Pelikan M20x steel EF nibs) with either two Sailor Lecoule demonstrators (in light blue and light green) or five Platinum Prefounte pens, in order to make the free international shipping threshold, and since eventually (at least) two of the order-topper pens will end up being presents for two little girls, I thought it was smarter to go for cheaper (but still functionally and qualitatively reliable) pens with a larger selection of colours from which they can then choose.

A Platinum #3776 Century 'Black Diamond' is on its way from Japan. I saw the good effective price and couldn't resist, even though it's already firmly in my plan for 2020 to significantly pare down my collection of Platinum fountain pens.

An Aurora Tu Cento Italia and a Leonardo Momento Zero celluloid, which I ordered (from separate retailers) last year, are yet to be dispatched. I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for them, and may be asking to cancel the orders soon if there isn't any realistic prospect of them being fulfilled and delivered before the end of February.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

After a mostly horrible several days, I needed retail therapy.

Pelikan M600 Violet and White, with an EF nib. eBay seller sent out an offer to people watching the listing (including me) and the discounted price was too good to pass up. And free shipping. So the pen, plus tax, is costing less than either of my M405s.... :o And I had saved money on THOSE by getting them from Rolf Thiel at Missing-Pens, so I didn't have to deal with the Chartpak mark-up and he didn't have to charge me VAT.... And when I say less than either of those, I mean about ten bucks less than I paid for the Striated Blue... :ninja:

There's a piece of me going "THere's something seriously wrong here -- the pen is going to be damaged, or the seller is fenced stolen loot, or something.... And another part of me going "happy dance".

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

not waiting anymore, just got an M805 Stresemann EF.

I´ve been wanting this one since it was released.

Because of Smug Dill's post in another thread a week or so ago, I'm waiting for those two Sailor Lecoule demonstrators (similar to Sailor's cocktail series pens in light blue and light green). I've been considering these Lecoule pens for about six months.

And several inks.

And instead of paying shipping, two of the Platinum Prefountes. I like those darker demonstrator colors, so almost bought them all. But I still have two Preppys for mixing inks and tempting people into fountain pens.

Edited by cattar

After ruining a converter of a Safari I have ordered a TWSBI clear eco to fool around with inks that require more "pen maintenance"...

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Ran into a very cheap Kaweco Sport AL raw online and decided to get it. Only pen I ever bought with the clear intention of abusing it.

To continue my Franklin-Christoph buying spree I just ordered the model 55. I wish the purple one didn't run out of stock before I got my money ready. Oh well. At least with it being black and glass finish I can pair any ink color with it in my mind. Where the purple one would only get purple ink...

And the "retail therapy" pen has arrived! :D Not 100% sure it's "new" because the box looked a tad mangled, and there was no paperwork in the (cardboard) box. But I saved enough money that it cost less than the M405 Striated Blue. And since most of my pens are vintage, anyway (Box? Papers? I'm lucky if some of them came in the mail in a blister pack envelope!) I'm not all that concerned.

Flushed the pen out with soapy water and it's now draining. Of course the$64K question is what to ink it up with first (RonZ is not allowed to answer -- I KNOW he'll say "4001 Royal Blue".... :rolleyes:) And the pen somehow doesn't want black ink.... And it's an EF nib (although the blue M405's nib is as well). Not sure I want to color coordinate, either. I expect it to be a little on the wet side -- it IS a Pelikan after all. I seem to recall a thread the other day where people had said they'd safely used IG inks in Pelikans....

Decisions, decisions.... :rolleyes:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

And the "retail therapy" pen has arrived! :D Not 100% sure it's "new" because the box looked a tad mangled, and there was no paperwork in the (cardboard) box. But I saved enough money that it cost less than the M405 Striated Blue. And since most of my pens are vintage, anyway (Box? Papers? I'm lucky if some of them came in the mail in a blister pack envelope!) I'm not all that concerned.

Flushed the pen out with soapy water and it's now draining. Of course the$64K question is what to ink it up with first (RonZ is not allowed to answer -- I KNOW he'll say "4001 Royal Blue".... :rolleyes:) And the pen somehow doesn't want black ink.... And it's an EF nib (although the blue M405's nib is as well). Not sure I want to color coordinate, either. I expect it to be a little on the wet side -- it IS a Pelikan after all. I seem to recall a thread the other day where people had said they'd safely used IG inks in Pelikans....

What to ink a new pen with is always a question for me. Do I use something I use a lot since I know how it works in pens and thus know if the new pen is working well, or do I put something that I haven't used in a while and isn't currently inked... I do somewhat color match. I don't like seeing green ink in a blue pen, but any shade of blue is fair game in that blue pen. Black, gray, or clear pens get any color.

I hope what ever you try works well in your new bird.

4001 Violet?