What Pens Are You Using Today 2020

PenBuyer1796

Montblanc 146 (F) - Platinum Blue-Black

Sailor 1911L, Loch Ness (M) - Sailor Studio 442

Inking up the 146 today, I was going to use Pilot Blue-Black, but at the last second I went with Platinum instead. Both are delightful inks. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Noodlers Ahab, with a bouncy steel nib that has a fine grade and perfectly polished tip. I have many (and much more) expensive fountain pens, but in terms of writing performance it's difficult to do better.

IMG_3339 2.jpeg

This is what I have now inked and using over different occasions

- I change daily in between the Pelikan and the Duofold

- the Visconti is when I want a black to make the difference to my texts 

- 51 and TWSBI are when on the go. Always loved to carry a fountain pen with me, now it is even more important with the Covid when sharing a pen turns not very safe 

epic mistake on the handwritten text attributing the 51 to Pelikan instead of Parker. Finally, it seems that I am too much Pelikan guy 🤐

E8AB95D3-CE2D-47CA-A01D-922908866A63.jpeg

Edited by Major_Tom

Sailor 1911 Lush Green MF nib, Robert Oster Velvet Storm

Kaweco AL Sport Black Stonewashed F nib - Kaweko Royal Blue

So far today it's been the dark blue Pilot Decimo, stub nib, with Iroshizuku Yama-guri; and the pink TWSBI 580-AL, B nib, with diluted Noodler's Baltimore Canyon Blue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Perch photo!

These are frequent companions, who are on the rodizio.

I'm a big fan of Vintage Pelikans, but I know how to appreciate modern fountain pens.

WP_20210113_14_39_13_Rich (2).jpg

A Nakaya in arai-shu with a medium nib that writes very much like a fine nib...even when compared to other Nakaya medium nibs, it writes much finer.  I like it!

2 hours ago, Freddy said:

PIF 'Grouse' de fabricação alemã preenchido com tinta preto-azulada Pilot

Fred458.thumb.jpg.26d32e4fc92b4125b3310fd90a84cf53.jpg

I didn't know this brand, very beautiful! Is it a piston fill? Vintage?

1 hour ago, Switala said:

I didn't know this brand, very beautiful! Is it a piston fill? Vintage?

Indeed it is a PIF= Piston Filler    and vintage with interesting reddish-brown pearl celluloid.

Auerhahn translates to Grouse which is a game bird.

Fred

2 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Na verdade, é um PIF = Piston Filler e vintage com interessante celulóide perolado marrom-avermelhado.

Auerhahn se traduz em Grouse, que é uma ave de caça.

Fred

Thanks for the feedback. Did not know! I collect vintage piston filler from germany. I'll do a little research. Thanks. Regards

On 1/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, Major_Tom said:

This is what I have now inked and using over different occasions

- I change daily in between the Pelikan and the Duofold

- the Visconti is when I want a black to make the difference to my texts 

- 51 and TWSBI are when on the go. Always loved to carry a fountain pen with me, now it is even more important with the Covid when sharing a pen turns not very safe 

epic mistake on the handwritten text attributing the 51 to Pelikan instead of Parker. Finally, it seems that I am too much Pelikan guy 🤐

E8AB95D3-CE2D-47CA-A01D-922908866A63.jpeg

@Major_TomMy HS says hi to your HS😀IMG_8553.thumb.jpg.534aa90ee659b3390c3a2801226cc26f.jpg