• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Nakaya Portable with a nib worked over by Michael Masuyama who also did the nib on the Eboya Natsume button filler that was also used today in my journal.

Pelikan M400 green stripe M nib (just finished)

Sailor 1911 L Tangerine with a MF nib/Diamine Poinsetta

Lamy Al-Star bronze f nib/Lamy Bronze ink

Pilot metro black M nib/Diamine Elf

Platinum 3776 Bourgogne with a F nib/Diamine Poinsetta

Pilot VP matte blue M nib/Pilot-Namiki blue

Pilot Falcon red with a f nib/Noodler's Apache Sunset

Those are all I have inked right now :)

Edited by WLSpec

Parker Duofold Centennial Big Red Vintage, to write a complaint to the brand's local distributor about what it did with that pen.

Pelikan M600 Vibrant Orange and Aurora Optima 365 (2018 limited edition) 'Cappuccino', each with a very narrow italic nib customised by Dan Smith of Nibsmith.com for me, to produce some writing samples for illustrating to Santini Italia – with whom I've just placed an order — what I'm after in terms of nib customisation.

120+ other fountain pens inked, as always.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

In the few hours since the turn of the year, fooling around with some artwork, I've used a PenBBS TWSBI Go B inked with Graf von Faber-Castell Burned Orange, a PenBBS 480 F inked with Diamine Eclipse, a Moonman C2 F inked with Diamine Purple Rain, and a Sailor Pro Gear Slim F inked with Organics Studio Manganese. I have also tried and mysteriously failed to ink an anodized aluminium PenBBS 323 with Diamine Earl Grey. Converter won't draw. Odd. Never mind. Sort it out tomorrow.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

I generally carry a broad and a medium every day. I mostly write mathematics (slowly, artfully) and Gregg shorthand (poorly)

my favored combos are:

1973 MB 149 M (architecty-feel) in De Atramentis Purple Violet

Visconti Homo Sapiens Magma M (acts like a broad) in Herbin Rouge Grenat

Namiki Emperors inked up in these combos

M Murasaki-Shikubu, B Momiji

M Fuyu-Gaki B Tsutsuji

M Ina-Ho B Tsukushi

M Bishamonten B Yama-Budo

pick one M and one B at whim on any day, but those are the usual combos

Ranga model 5 B in Hoteison and Kon-peki

more Ranga 5's on order I absolutely ADORE these pens

I have many TWSBIIs and Jinhaos in various Frankenstates of abuse with shimmering inks and experimental grinds

I am going to explore Pelikans in 2020, but I have no experience with them

Edited by rebcabin

Platinum Century 3776 UEF for notetaking in studying for upcoming exams. TWSBI 580 AL for writing for fun.

~ hu-327:

Good luck with your exams.

That sounds like an excellent fountain pen for notetaking.

Tom K.

~ A black Pelikan Classic M205 B with a Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind, inked in Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same.

Tom K.

Pelikan 400 OM

Pelikan 400 NN EEF

Pilot 823 with a fine nib

New Postal Reservoir Pen broad italic

Mabie Todd Blackbird self filler F

So far just my Lamy AlStar Marron XL!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Omas Milord Arco Brown

Omas Bologna

Omas (small pen and a demo but I can't remember the name-steel nib)

Omas Burkina MP

Omas 360 RB

the Danitrio Fellowship

A late '30-s40's BCHR Osmia mdl 76, with a grand steel Supra nib....maxi-semi-flex.

Herbin Blue Pervenche...a nice turquoise ink.

The new Pelikan 200 Ruby Star, with a B nib, using Diamine Lilic Satin a glitter ink.

I'm going to have to go to OB or OBB,semi-flex in as 'wet' as a Pelikan nib is....(made for a dry ink), it is not wet enough to deposit easy to see glitter.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

XVII

Namiki Custom Impressions in Amber C/C

Visconti Moonlight Voyager Red Au Vermeil PIF

Waterman #52 LF

Pelikan 100N Green/Black Binde PIF

Noodler's Konrad {FreakyInkPen} PIF

Filcao Tukano Ag.925 Barrel in alternating panels of greek key/smooth BF

fpn_1577920766__stuff.jpg

Fred

Since I met you baby I fooled around and fell in love..Fooled Around And Fell In Love..E.Bishop.....

I need to put ink in a pen today. I will use that pen for the month of January in my TN weekly and memo calendar. The pen is a Franklin-Christoph Omnis (#31) in Smoke and Ice, to be filled with J Herbin Gris Nuage which was a Christmas gift.

I think gray will capture Winter in a Midwestern January.

Posted Image

OMAS (M) Violet Ebony of Madagascar w/ Waterman Intense Black

Pelikan 400 (OM) with Diamine Royal Blue

Pelikan 400NN (OB) with Diamine Eau de Nil

Pelikan 400NN (OBB) with Pelikan Blue-Black

Kaweco 805G (OBB) with Diamine Monaco Red

Happy New Year and Happy Writing!