Philadelphia Pen Show 2020

Grayspoole

Yay, my home show!

Will be there on Friday and Saturday. Signed up for Uncial class on Friday afternoon as well! I actually prefer this new/ old location (I still think of it as Sheraton), because lighting is much better than the hotel at Liberty Place.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parker51

• GoldenNibs

• avlisyar

• flyingfox

This would be my first show as well and I'm trying to get tickets for it. I'm working on the 17 and 19th so will be able to go on the 18th but it's there a specific day out of the three that is better to go on?

This would be my first show as well and I'm trying to get tickets for it. I'm working on the 17 and 19th so will be able to go on the 18th but it's there a specific day out of the three that is better to go on?

A “better” day depends on your perspective. Saturday usually is the busiest one, attended by the most number of people (both vendors and participants), and I think it is great that you can make it on Saturday.

Friday tends to be more relaxed. Some vendors are busy setting up their table. Some of the traders are not “professionals” in the pen world but have a day job, so some of them don’t make it on Friday either.

Of course- in this season in Philly, weather is always a huge X-factor, but it is a mild winter this year.

@sozen - I'm still on the fence

@flyingfox - I feel like the cat in your avatar... perhaps a little more sleepy

Sunday is the only day I can make it. So far, Saturday is looking like 30s with some slush btw.

I'd like to have something else lined up in Philly to make my trip more worthy, or even a lunch buddy.

Anyone fancy lunch on Sunday?

My local vintage shop is closing. I got a really good snag on some ink dip vintage pens. Mother of pearl accents.

But I think I'd like to add a FP this year.

@sozen - I'm still on the fence

@flyingfox - I feel like the cat in your avatar... perhaps a little more sleepy

Sunday is the only day I can make it. So far, Saturday is looking like 30s with some slush btw.

I'd like to have something else lined up in Philly to make my trip more worthy, or even a lunch buddy.

Anyone fancy lunch on Sunday?

My local vintage shop is closing. I got a really good snag on some ink dip vintage pens. Mother of pearl accents.

But I think I'd like to add a FP this year.

The Philly show is definitely worth going to even if its the only thing you do that day.

I just rebooked at the Philly 201 at a lower rate then the Pen Show Group with a TMobile Tuesday rate - saved $100 bucks - which now converts into pen show swag

I'll be there -- this'll be my third Philly show after somehow missing it the first four years I lived here. It was at the Westin 2 years ago (a gorgeous hotel) but moved last year to the Sheraton-now-201; couldn't tell ya about the hotel proper, but I thought the show space was just great last year. So far Philly and DC are my regular yearly shows, and while Philly is smaller I find it just as energetic and enjoyable, with a great variety of things to choose from.

Welcome to all coming, safe travels!

Matt

Would love to go (my only slot free is Sunday) but I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast. It'll take me a bit to drive there so fingers crossed. If I can't make it...I hope you guys post pictures!

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Just home from the Philly Pen Show. Friday's the quietest day with the most relaxed vibe; some vendors won't set up until tomorrow. I had a good time, as always. Pen people love to talk about their pens, and I saw a couple of familiar faces. I always learn more about the hobby, and I tried on various pens for size. Came home with two vintage Pelikans, had one modern nib reground, and another nib smoothed. All in all, a really nice day at the show.

How's the show going with the snow today? Wondering how roads will be tomorrow...

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I’ve been running errands all morning where I live, about a half hour NW of Center City and the small roads here are slick with about an inch of snow (major roads are not too bad). The city is probably fine.

I will visit the show tomorrow, We’re supposed to change to sleet and rain tonight. Tomorrow should be rainy at the worst.

Enjoying the updates from the folks at the show!

2 Hours North of Philly and it looks like a go!

Weather not as bad as predicted.

Can't wait to get there.

I was there today.

I expected to look around, maybe a small purchase

Came home with a Masuyama MCI franklin-christoph Model 20 Smoke and Ice

And a Leonardo Furore In blue emerald with a broad nib

I guess these things just happen sometimes :)

I was there today.

I expected to look around, maybe a small purchase

Came home with a Masuyama MCI franklin-christoph Model 20 Smoke and Ice

And a Leonardo Furore In blue emerald with a broad nib

I guess these things just happen sometimes :)

Well, you did make a couple of small purchases, in size. And in regard to price, well even those fine pens all together were much less than a luxury watch, a motorcycle, a car, a collectable guitar or many of the other things many of the other members of FPN collect. I understand however living with a budget as I have never had the funds to collect and buy expensive things and consider my purchases carefully, but it sound like you made rather good and unique purchases, so enjoy them. Edited by Parker51