Philadelphia Pen Show 2020

Grayspoole

I didn’t see a topic on this yet, so here’s one.

https://philadelphiapenshow.com/

The site has recently been updated with some confirmed exhibitors, with more information promised.

Anyone going? This will be my first pen show, and I am looking forward to it. I am eager to try the Franklin-Christoph music nib, rather than just gazing at its image online and wondering if I would like it, and I hope there will be some vintage pens of interest.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parker51

• GoldenNibs

• debraji

• Bagpiper

I might make it - about 2.5 hour drive for me and actually on my birthday! :P Maybe a birthday gift....

And I've been trying to buy a FC for a little while... it seems like the perfect opportunity!

Don't know yet, but I might be able to come. Hope so!

Made hotel reservations a few weeks ago. Looking forward to attending as a civilian instead of sitting behind a table attempting to peddle fountain pens all weekend. It's a very good show in a seriously underrated city. See you there.

I didn’t see a topic on this yet, so here’s one.

https://philadelphiapenshow.com/

The site has recently been updated with some confirmed exhibitors, with more information promised.

Anyone going? This will be my first pen show, and I am looking forward to it. I am eager to try the Franklin-Christoph music nib, rather than just gazing at its image online and wondering if I would like it, and I hope there will be some vintage pens of interest.

I'm thinking about going too, and it's also my first pen show! I'm hoping to try some entry-level gold nib pens.

Edit: Just bought my ticket. 30 Dec. 2019, 15:29

Edited by sjpens12

-Symphing12

1606232502_Lamy_2000-small.jpg.821dfc33b077cc13f836297562b87ddf.jpg

It's my home show and I will be there.

I have already booked time with Gena

at Custom Nib Studio to have some

nibs worked on.

Now, let's hope Mother Nature

gives us a great weather day!

Rats. As usual it's up against something I have to be at. But boy, it sure would be fun to meet Salman, (FPN member SMK) who is apparently scheduled to teach several workshops at the show....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not for me, too expensive all around to drive from where I live, stay at an expensive hotel with expensive parking and admission.

For locals, likely well worth the admission as you can use public transportation.

Edited by Parker51

A Friday-Saturday-Sunday-show provides some options. Sunday would be the day for me. The weather will tell whether I want to drive 2 hours one-way.

A public parking garage is about a block away. Weekend day rate is $7.

http://www.philapark.org/gateway-parking-garage/

This was great for when I visited. My wife and I did the show, then walked around to quickly see the museums and library that are a few blocks up from the hotel.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

This is my home show and I haven't missed it in the last 6 or 7 years. Sadly, I'll be out of state that weekend and will have to miss it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

:gaah:

I just looked at my calendar, and it's even worse for me. Not only can't I go to the show, due to that prior commitment (which includes a performance by the amateur choir I'm in) -- I just realized that I had a possible reason to go to Philly on the 17th (an artifact owned by the Philadelphia Library is maybe going to be on temporary display and I had been trying to get myself inserted into the proceedings, to see the thing for real (not JUST on their website). :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This will be my first show as well! I just moved away from Philly last summer, but I timed a friendly visit to coincide with the show :)

Don't totally know what to expect, but I'm excited.

I just wish it was at a different time of the year. I want to go to Philadelphia some time this year to take my wife to Rittenhouse Town so that she can be in her great, great ... (lost track of generation number) grandparents home. I think it's neat that I know and am married to someone whose ancestors not only predate the revolutionary war, by a couple of generations, but also who's homestead has been preserved for over 300 years. That may not mean much to our European and Asian members given the very long history of many of your families, but here in the US, unless you are from certain tribes of Native Americans, not very many people can make such a visit to ones actual preserved ancestral home. I know I can't as the earliest family I have in the US who had property I know the location of only date back to about 1830 and most of what was their farm is now under a lake and there are no structures left. I can only locate the currently existing homes of any of my ancestors from 1940 as development eliminated the homes of the earlier generations that lived on farms and visiting my grandparents home in a 1920s era suburb while pleasant just doesn't feel historic.

Edited by Parker51

Looking forward to my Home Show!

Will be there in the first aisle with my 4 tables of products!

Stop by, and say "Hello"!

Check out some exclusives, as well as other products from my 40+ Brands!

Thank You!

Frank

Fed Pens

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

The hotel where the pen show is being held, the Philadelphia 201 has received some recent terrible reviews, does anyone have any comments.

I didnt make it to the show last year, and was disappointed it was moved to the Philadelphia 201. Last years reviews of the 201 werent any better. I had my own problems with their reservation system when trying to book last year

Over the month, there are several complaints, ranging from no hot water, customer service issues, to general poor state of the hotel

I suspect that pen show discounted rooms wont be assigned to any of the newly renovated rooms on the top floors.

I may rebook and go to one of the hotels I have previously stayed at, something of a known factor.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/5WYzSaS862

I will be attending but I am probably only going Saturday. I used to go all three days. I was hoping I could vend at this show but there is always Long Island and next year's Philly show. I may bring a binder or two of pens I would trade or sell.

I will be there on either Saturday or Sunday!

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (two years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!