Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

RayCornett

I have seen these pens discussed a bit here but they seem to be old threads and some of them aren't getting replies to questions I have. So, I am starting a new thread on the topic.

I see various posts on here and other places about the Aurora 98GL/GL 98/GL Riserva Magica and it becomes a bit confusing on the actual model name and the difference between the 98 and the Gran Lusso.

The ones I see called the GL model, even in a Youtube review of such a pen, have AURORA 98 on the cap lip. Mine says AURORA GL with the GL being in a type of scriptish font.

Granted, I only found out about this model with the push button hidden piston about a month or so ago. So, my research most likely just hasn't hit the right information link yet. But I would love to be led to some concrete information on the difference.

post-125250-0-13480100-1577318245_thumb.jpg

post-125250-0-28503900-1577325172_thumb.jpg

Edited by RayCornett

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RayCornett

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On fountainpen.it they mention only two models, the 98 and GL, with the latter designation for pens with “real” gold or silver rather than a simple gold plating or laminate. People might use 98GL to make clear that a GL is a 98, which it is, even though that seems not to have been Aurora's naming. They might also mistake or misrepresent a 98 as a GL by ignoring or not understanding differences in grades of gold layers.

If something labelled 98/GL turns up then I will change my view :)

X

On fountainpen.it they mention only two models, the 98 and GL, with the latter designation for pens with “real” gold or silver rather than a simple gold plating or laminate. People might use 98GL to make clear that a GL is a 98, which it is, even though that seems not to have been Aurora's naming. They might also mistake or misrepresent a 98 as a GL by ignoring or not understanding differences in grades of gold layers.

If something labelled 98/GL turns up then I will change my view :)

Just added a macro shot of part of the cap lip imprint.