1958 Montblanc News Catalogue

Michael R.

Finally I was able to add another piece of history to my collection: a 1958 Montblanc Neuheiten (news) catalogue.

It is scanned it uploaded to my flickr.

O hope you enjoy it:

49252539431_3d862d2a30_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten1 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252064568_4015c8b9ac_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten2 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252741782_46c6e56830_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten3 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252741682_c1a9ab8542_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten4a by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252539061_c32b4880a0_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten5 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252741562_379a853f37_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten6 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252538946_32f7e79812_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten7 by pensninks, auf Flickr

49252741377_0c927b1ba4_3k.jpgMontblanc19158Neuheiten8 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• austollie

• kazoolaw

• iancorben

As always, much appreciated

1950s Silver Rings, 1962 and 1985 Montblanc 149, Montblanc III a, 136, 234,5 252, 342, 344, plus some modern too....

Fantastic, Michael!

I'd like to order the Edelmettal Garnituren set in 14 karstigem Gold, please.

Can you still ship to arrive for Christmas?

Thanks!

Thank you, Michael R, for this wonderful post and journey into the past. Look at the listing for K nibs! They are remarkable writers. In many years of MontbIanc addiction, I have seen only a single photo of a 149 with a K nib, although I do own a 252 with a K nib. Your post made my weekend. Thank you. Hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks so much for posting. This is wonderful to look at. I love looking at old catalogues as much as I like looking at old pens. The graphics say so much about the time.

My one and only Monte Rosa appears in the catalogue. If only the prices still applied today! DM 7.75 (less than 4 Euros) for the pen.

If anyone has MB catalogues from the 1970s they can post, I would be much obliged. I am obsessed about the MB cartridge filler lines from the 1970s (Carrera, Caressa, Noblesse, Turbo et al).

If anyone has MB catalogues from the 1970s they can post, I would be much obliged. I am obsessed about the MB cartridge filler lines from the 1970s (Carrera, Caressa, Noblesse, Turbo et al).

I think there are others in a pinned thread but here's the 1973 one:

http://www.caprafico.com/pens-88/montblanc-price-list-1973

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Hi soapytwist,

Thanks very much for the link to the 1973 catalogue. I had no idea that could be found on the net.

Thanks and Regards,

Ollie

Hi Michael R,

Thanks for the link to your flickr account. Your collection of catalogues is amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad that I've joined this forum.

Regards,

Ollie

The 744 in solid gold: DM 300. I'll take it, thanks!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

@Barry:

Thank you for your kind words!

Yes, when it was (almost) all about nib selection!

I yet have to see a 149 with a Kugel nib. So far I have seen them on other pens including the 146 but not on the 149s.

But to be honest, the Kugel nib is not my favorite nib style as I appreciate the accurate and "sharp" cuts of the regular Montblanc nibs of that time.

Cheers

Michael

But to be honest, the Kugel nib is not my favorite nib style as I appreciate the accurate and "sharp" cuts of the regular Montblanc nibs of that time.

Cheers

Michael

I agree! The sharp angles of the old nibs is truly a thing of beauty. They dont make them like that anymore

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

very informative.. I notice that there are ebay 744 and 644 that don't have the nib type shown in the catalogue

Old style vs. new.

Check my other catalogues on flickr; I‘m sure some list the nib other nib style you‘ve mentioned.

Cheers

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Nr. 262 mit Vielzweckfeder. Schreibeigenschaften ähnlich denen eine Kugelschreibers, aber mit den Vorteilen einer Montblanc-Goldfeder"

"No. 262 with multi-purpose-nib. Writing properties like that of a ballpoint pen, but with the advantages of a Montblanc gold nib"

Does anyone know what that means in effect?

Also: The wing nibs have "satin polish", but what difference is there to the classic MB nibs? Or is it all just advertisement-lingo?

Thanks for the catalogue, really exciting stuff, wish I had some D-Mark left!

Thank you so much. I was immediatly reminded of current Lamy nib shape in the first frame. I did not realize this was a vintage shape design.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2020 at 10:32 AM, TimeoDanaos said:

"No. 262 with multi-purpose-nib. Writing properties like that of a ballpoint pen, but with the advantages of a Montblanc gold nib"

I'll assume a K nib, kugal...ball on top of the nib; stub on the bottom.

Was common enough.

1958 could well still be semi-flex. I've a KM from Geha and Osmia in semi-flex.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.