M1000 Leak Question

510wells
Rate Topic 0

I recently bought a Pelikan M1000 with Green/Black body with F nib that tends to leak. I think the leak is where the Nib screws into the body as the more I tighten the Nib the less the leak. Even though I have MUCH more force than with M200 and M400 Nibs I am unable to completly stop the leak.

Might this somewhat normal for these Big pens?

Thanks for any help :-)

The only constant is change.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 510wells

• Scylax

• Intensity

• OCArt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not experienced this with my M800. I've read that piston fillers are more likely to burp ink if they are only filled with a small amount of ink. Do you normally do a full fill? Or is your leaking like continuous dripping?

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I have two M1000's and neither do this. You shouldn't need to tighten the nib unit more than finger tight and, of course, don't use any tools. You might try a small amount of silicone grease on the threads but I suspect the nib section might be cracked. Look the area over very carefully with a loupe.

“The proper definition of a man is an animal that writes letters.”

Lewis Carroll

Ive certainly neither heard of nor experienced this at all, let alone it being normal. Pens shouldn't leak.

This is the first one for Me that leaks like this.

Have not experienced this with my M800. I've read that piston fillers are more likely to burp ink if they are only filled with a small amount of ink. Do you normally do a full fill? Or is your leaking like continuous dripping?

I always fill it up. It leaks in the cap but very slow over a period of a couple of days

The only constant is change.

Send it in for repair, either in England (what ever British company has the concession) , or in a hurry to Pelikan in Hanover, before Brexit hits.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.