• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• ian1964

• DrAtomic

• Dutchpen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ian, The blue has one too many rings and the green is not fully closed.

Thank you I see your point. I have now tightened the green one but there is no extra ring on the blue one that I can see. I have now reversed the ring on the blue one and I think the impression of an extra ring is some kind of trick of light. But there is no denying that in the picture it does look like it. I can only see it with the enlarged picture, not with the naked eye. Here is new pictures. Interesting.

post-120079-0-26527400-1578798651_thumb.jpg

No, that's not true and the whole point of this thread I think. Or at least that was my understanding.

To recap,

Le Man 200 Rhapsody (Caviar, Blue, Green*, Red Ripple* and Blue*) have the ring loosely attached to the section because there is no ring on the barrel. * Acetate marbled with black.

Le Man 200 Black does not have the ring loosely attached to the section because the ring is built into the barrel.

To recap,

Le Man 200 Rhapsody (Caviar, Blue, Green*, Red Ripple* and Blue*) have the ring loosely attached to the section because there is no ring on the barrel. * Acetate marbled with black.

Le Man 200 black does not because the ring is built into the barrel.

OK fair enough. Although I have had the Rhapsody in Blue from new and so must have got a dud because I don't remember ever having a second "loose"ring. As for the green one...ditto..just unlucky I suppose.

Edited by ian1964

Which brings us back to why are both not screwing fully home. Can you see any debris deep down in the barrel threads.

If you can slide one of the loose fitting rings off, does it fit inside both barrels. It could well be that the openings of the barrel(s) have shrunk in. Sorry I have to ask because I cannot recall if the ring is stepped to fit inside the barrel.

You are absolutely correct. I used my loupe and The Rhapsody in Blue does indeed have a second floating ring. But it is jammed so tight that it took some freeing. I can also see why the pens do not appear closed. It has a very small black washer between the floating ring and the opposing body. Of course, when I put Lennards new extra ring on it comes up against the black rubber washer. I am embarrassed to admit that the Green pen is the same. I am not sure what to do and don't want to remove the washer because I imagine it's this black washer that has prevented both by pens from jamming over the last 20 plus years

Thank you and sorry for arguing.

post-120079-0-51746900-1578862088_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian, I have not considered any post an argument. We are only attempting to rectify a small issue and some point just might become entangled.

Now the latest photo shows the correct assembly of parts. The black O ring acts as a brake to prevent the section from unscrewing. Many Waterman models have this feature. BUT if the ring becomes old and hard it will prevent the parts fully screwing together. Press it with a finger nail to determine if is rock hard. If it is not it may well just require lubrication. A dab or grease or silicone grease smeared around will assist the assembly. If it is rock hard then a new one should be sourced...maybe one also for the other pen.

• 11 months later...

Howdy.

I have read all the posts in this thread, because my question is: 

Is the Waterman LeMAn200 Rhapsody fountain pen nib unit with section interchangeable (designed to screw) with barrel of Waterman LeMan 200 Rhapsody felt tip pen?

I own a Waterman 200 Rhapsody (mineral green) felt tip (I bought it new in 1990's) and now want to change it to a Fountain pen - if the sections and barrels are interchangeable. (The mineral green color Waterman LeMan 200 fountain pens I found on the auction site were WAY out of my pen budget - to complete my set). SO I thought I would look for the FP part, if there was such a thing...

The gist I got from this thread is 'yes'.

Would you please confirm?

Many thanks.

Thank you very much.

• Waterman Ideal Exclusive Black Lacquer 18K nib fountain pen.
  • Waterman Man 200 Rhapsody Fiber Tip Mineral Green rollerball.
  • Set: '72 Parker 75 Flighter Deluxe GT Fountain  Pen + '78 Parker 180 Flighter CT Floating Ball / Fiber Tip. 
  • Sheaffer Lifetime Ring Cap, Sheaffer 2d & 3d Gen Pens.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can change fountain pen nib unit with section interchangeable (designed to screw) with barrel of Waterman LeMan 200 Rhapsody felt tip pen, BUT you can't put long cartridge or Waterman converter, only small cartridge because at the end of felt tip barrel, in the bottom, you have a part to block the refill of roller or felt tip