New Moonman Releases - M8 & T1

penzel_washinkton

hmm... no, don't want one of those...

The stipula ventidue tocco ferro looks nice though!...

Uhm... Is this trolling? You're aware it is $150+ more expensive than this right?

As for the M8 having that issues, that is downright unacceptable.

Hopefully the T1 (which I have on order) does not experience the same issues.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penzel_washinkton

• Mech-for-i

• taike

• Theroc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't want to highjack this thread, but careful with the Stipula Tocco Ferro. Mine fell on the floor and it just exploded into small parts. I do have to say that I then sent it to Stipula and they replaced it with another one, though it took about 6 months for the new pen to arrive.

I have a few Stipula Ventidues and a Vedo - they are more rugged.

Back to the Moonman M8....

Erick

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful... I enjoy my ventidues too

That's a very bad joke , the coupler do not even had thread to mate to the barrel , this is pure engineering failure , I am glad this come out so early from retail, save many who might otherwise be caught , and thank you this is good reminder that I would had to stay way from this M8 thing

Mate, most threaded inserts are glued in. Not threaded.

Like, I can't think of a single barrel insert that isn't glued in.

Sometimes glue fails. It's not like adding a couple drops of super glue to the insert and sticking the barrel back on for a permanent fix is some kind of rocket surgery.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Don't want to highjack this thread, but careful with the Stipula Tocco Ferro. Mine fell on the floor and it just exploded into small parts. I do have to say that I then sent it to Stipula and they replaced it with another one, though it took about 6 months for the new pen to arrive.

I have a few Stipula Ventidues and a Vedo - they are more rugged.

Back to the Moonman M8....

Erick

There are a ton of reports of the tocco ferro being unbelievably fragile. And in ways that aren't a simple glue fix like this one is.

Every one of my old jinhao 159's had the little inner nib unit come out. And two drops of superglue was all that was required to fix them permanently like new.

I'm waiting on the mother of pearl version to come in stock. I'm gonna order one, and if the barrel comes off the insert, I'll just glue or epoxy it back on. It looks like a stunner.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Hmm. Nah. T1 looks too TWSBI and the M8 looks too... Robert Pattinson.

What elements made you think it looks too TWSBI? Different overall design, different nib size, different materials used IMO.

Here's my initial take on the T1. Better than I expected.

Thanks for your review, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Moonman is maybe the most exciting company these days. I like the size of Twsbi pens but not a fan of all plastic construction. I love aluminum pens and up to now they were mostly all cartrige converter pens. This T1 looks very promising to me. I might want to wait for a review on youtube to pull the trigger though, as I have a moonman c1 in transit anyway.

ChinesePen's etsy is showing "Ready to ship in 2–3 weeks" on the T1. Is that normal? Or does that mean the T1's have been so popular that initial orders are OOS?

Because I love the 580-meets-ECO-meets-KawecoAlSport look of this pen. Hmm, I wonder if a Kaweco clip would fit on it?

ChinesePen's etsy is showing "Ready to ship in 2–3 weeks" on the T1. Is that normal? Or does that mean the T1's have been so popular that initial orders are OOS?

Because I love the 580-meets-ECO-meets-KawecoAlSport look of this pen. Hmm, I wonder if a Kaweco clip would fit on it?

its OOS ; no the Kaweco clip will not fit ; its a larger pen I've try it , my T1 arrive a few days earlier and I would give it a thought and through work out this weekend ; but initial impression is good

No reviews yet? Nobody has received any of the T1s and M8s? Really want to see a review of either of those.

1912280450PM.jpeg

My first take on the M8 is now up. Kissing cousin to the M6 with interchangeable parts.

The No. 6 Moonman nib is flawless - as has been consistently the case for me.

Interesting layered construction to create the dynamic visual effect. I'd love to learn more about how that's done if anybody knows.

1912280450PM.jpeg

The mother of pearl finish is nice when it works. Mine has a little flaw at the top of the clip that detracts a bit. One side of the cap is missing the sparkly bits.

If I had to pick just one, I'd probably go with the T1 but the M8 is cool in its own way. Of course, I may change my mind tomorrow.

The dry out problem on the wooden models effectively made the pen useless. It would be interesting to know if the same problem persists for these models

The dry out problem on the wooden models effectively made the pen useless. It would be interesting to know if the same problem persists for these models

which wooden models , you mean the M6 .. cause there is several Moonman wooden models , my older and now discontinued M5 had no issue with drying out but its a totally different pen

What elements made you think it looks too TWSBI? Different overall design, different nib size, different materials used IMO.

The clear barrel with opaque coloured end and cap that create the impression of a really big Bic cristal. ;)

It's just never moved me. I've tried to let it, but nothing.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

So far the T1 is getting positive reviews which is great. Can't wait to test the nib performance and swap them with finer nibs.

The clear barrel with opaque coloured end and cap that create the impression of a really big Bic cristal. ;)

It's just never moved me. I've tried to let it, but nothing.

I can't remember a piston filler pen under $50 having an opaque colored barrel / body though.

The cheapest one I could think of is the TWSBI Classic.

So far the T1 is getting positive reviews which is great. Can't wait to test the nib performance and swap them with finer nibs.

I can't remember a piston filler pen under $50 having an opaque colored barrel / body though.

The cheapest one I could think of is the TWSBI Classic.

well since Wing Sung 698 years ago , although still scarce ; there are a few of them ; Wing Sung 698, & 618 ; Caliarts Ego-2 ; PenBBS 309 , and there are a couple others, I just do not recall specific model name , and yeah the TWSBI Classic of course

well since Wing Sung 698 years ago , although still scarce ; there are a few of them ; Wing Sung 698, & 618 ; Caliarts Ego-2 ; PenBBS 309 , and there are a couple others, I just do not recall specific model name , and yeah the TWSBI Classic of course

Was there an opaque colored WS 618 and Caliarts Ego? I only saw them in transparent bodies but you're right that there was an opaque WS 698. I only remembered the popular transparent clear ones.

Also the less said about the PenBBS 309 the better. That stuck piston issue is really a design flaw, but can't deny that they did release an opaque ones which is what I asked.

Was there an opaque colored WS 618 and Caliarts Ego? I only saw them in transparent bodies but you're right that there was an opaque WS 698. I only remembered the popular transparent clear ones.

Yes there are and I had them too and as for the 309 after sort of repairing almost 20 of them it lead me to believe its not the design but the design in manufacturing and proper assembly and lube ; all of them I disassemble , put in thin silicone oil lube for the piston end and silicone grease for the screw mechanism then apply loc-tight for plastic with the mechanism to barrel thread with a bit of silicone greaseat flat surface for extra sealent once put back together they work and continue to work. The one design fault I can surely tell is about the mfr tolerance no its not too loose in this case its too tight for the piston vs barrel inner diameter and that contribute a lot to the vaccum lock