$25 Nos Pilot Juliet 14K's For Sale, Quite A Few Available

Honeybadgers

I wanted to wait to list these on here until I got mine and confirmed everything was on the up and up.

I've never heard of the juliet. These are all coming out of Thailand. Maybe a regional model? for $25 plus $6 shipping (I bought a couple pencils too, dropping the shipping cost to $2 each) I took a gamble. was curious about the nib in particular, since I've seen steel nib models in green and blue, but no good info on the 14k one. It was stickered 14k, the nib was stamped 14k.

The seller's communication was superb. Confirmed from Pilot that the red models were in fact 14k nibbed, and took one of the pens apart and sent me a picture of the nib, feed, section, converter, cap and barrel all disassembled. I saw the nib didn't have the standard "wings" on the nib like the steel ones did, so presuming I could throw it in some #5 pens (or give them as gifts) I ordered 8 more.

The seller threw in the matching pencil for free, so now I have a set, and I can confirm that these things are a ludicrous steal. All of them are FM nibs, and they're like a smallish #5. They don't swap into everything, but did fit quite a few pens I tried. I currently have one in my traveler's company brass pocket pen. Huge, huge ugprade from the old steel F.

One caveat I have to point out is that I think due to their age, there is some residue in the feeds that prevented every one of the 9 I got from writing out of the box. I had to pull the nibs/feeds and scrub them in soapy water or dilute ammonia with a toothbrush for a few seconds, rinse, and then they all wrote perfectly. They come with the CON-W, similar to the cleaning converter on the parallel, and it's on there TIGHT, but is removable, and replaceable with a con40, 50, or standard pilot cartridges.

The cap is brass, barrel is brass, and section is a thick, tough, well made plastic, I think it's nylon, feels like it. The cap has a nice, satisfying click, and snaps to post quite deeply.

for $25-31, these things are an absolute ludicrous steal. And the seller is awesome. They said they have like 80 (around 70 since I took nine of 'em) Good for 14k swaps in smaller #5 pens, or just use as is. just remember to pull the feed and scrub it before use.

Same seller, etsy and ebay stores.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilot-Juliet-14K-14K-Gold-FM-Nib-Fountain-Pen-1990s-Vintage-NOS-Rare-Collectib-/143387367547

https://www.etsy.com/listing/721737976/pilot-juliet-14k-fm-14k-gold-nib

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• Doug C

• melissa59

• Nia

Speerbob has the same model pen in blue -- same price, too.

His ad states the nib is gold plated.

Edited to add that Speerbob's pens have medium nibs.

Edited by melissa59

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

Just ordered one! This will be my first vintage, thanks for putting up the deal.

It's really not vintage feeling. it feels like a new model.

Just don't forget to scrub the feed with soapy water before you use it!

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Speerbob has the same model pen in blue -- same price, too.

His ad states the nib is gold plated.

Edited to add that Speerbob's pens have medium nibs.

The blue and green models are not gold. They're gold plated and not 14k stamped or tagged

The red is tagged "FM" on one side, 14k on the other, and is stamped 14k

I wanted to wait to list these on here until I got mine and confirmed everything was on the up and up.

I've never heard of the juliet. These are all coming out of Thailand. Maybe a regional model? for $25 plus $6 shipping (I bought a couple pencils too, dropping the shipping cost to $2 each) I took a gamble. was curious about the nib in particular, since I've seen steel nib models in green and blue, but no good info on the 14k one. It was stickered 14k, the nib was stamped 14k.

The seller's communication was superb. ........

https://www.etsy.com/listing/721737976/pilot-juliet-14k-fm-14k-gold-nib

Many thanks for the post! I was just about to ask about these pens.

I love those names -- Dippers, Loves, and Pigs oh my. I assume they're names lost in translation.

Has anyone tried any of these other models? Do any of them write as well as the modern Pilots at the same price points?

Edited by g33klibrarian

These look a little like a Pilot Saturn I have, which was apparently for the Korean market. Paid ten bucks for it at an antiques shop northeast of me (and also picked up a Parker Laidtone Duofold with a Sheaffer nib on it for the same amount).

The Saturn isn't a bad pen, but it's pretty skinny. As in, it might be a little slimmer than any of my Parker Vectors.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I purchased a blue Juliet, one with a medium gold-plated steel nib. It was going to be a gift for my step-granddaughter who just started college and has never used a fountain pen. Thankfully, I decided to give it a whirl first. Not impressed.

The pen body is about the same diameter as a pencil. I find myself holding it with a death grip. Worse, it has hard starts and, now and then, it skips even after cleaning with pen flush, flossing the nib, and using three different inks.

Granted, I'm a newbie who doesn't know anything about nib adjustments. Others who do might have a different experience.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Many thanks for the post! I was just about to ask about these pens.

I love those names -- Dippers, Loves, and Pigs oh my. I assume they're names lost in translation.

Has anyone tried any of these other models? Do any of them write as well as the modern Pilots at the same price points?

I only picked up a couple pilot pencils, one cisele and one gold with black stripes. both feel really great.

I purchased a blue Juliet, one with a medium gold-plated steel nib. It was going to be a gift for my step-granddaughter who just started college and has never used a fountain pen. Thankfully, I decided to give it a whirl first. Not impressed.

The pen body is about the same diameter as a pencil. I find myself holding it with a death grip. Worse, it has hard starts and, now and then, it skips even after cleaning with pen flush, flossing the nib, and using three different inks.

Granted, I'm a newbie who doesn't know anything about nib adjustments. Others who do might have a different experience.

Did you scrub the feed?

The problem with all of mine was the feed needed to be scrubbed.

Some people just prefer thin pens. They're not for everyone.

Hi

Can you pls share the diameter of the feeder with the nib placed over it? This is for checking transplant-ability in other pens. Also a pic of nib removed from the section in possible. Thanks!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Did you scrub the feed?

The problem with all of mine was the feed needed to be scrubbed.

Some people just prefer thin pens. They're not for everyone.

I do not know how to remove the nib to give the feed a thorough cleaning. Any advice? Does it just pull off? Screw out? Or ? ? ? ?

I tend to like smallish pens because I have smallish hands (ie: Esterbrook J, Pelikan M405). But this pen was just way too thin for my grip.

The pen is pretty. I love the sleek design. The model I have (blue) is shiny. The red model looks to be textured, which I think is much nicer. Also, for me personally, I think I'd prefer the fine (red model) to the medium nib.

As for my granddaughter, maybe I'll get her a Lamy Vista or a Safari. I think they make great first-time pens. Every one I've owned has written right out of the box. And I like that the nibs can be changed on the fly.

I do not know how to remove the nib to give the feed a thorough cleaning. Any advice? Does it just pull off? Screw out? Or ? ? ? ?

I tend to like smallish pens because I have smallish hands (ie: Esterbrook J, Pelikan M405). But this pen was just way too thin for my grip.

The pen is pretty. I love the sleek design. The model I have (blue) is shiny. The red model looks to be textured, which I think is much nicer. Also, for me personally, I think I'd prefer the fine (red model) to the medium nib.

As for my granddaughter, maybe I'll get her a Lamy Vista or a Safari. I think they make great first-time pens. Every one I've owned has written right out of the box. And I like that the nibs can be changed on the fly.

yeah this is definitely your problem. you MUST remove the nib and scrub the feed. just squeeze the nib and feed together, wiggle (don't twist, there's only one way the feed/nib can orient in the section) and pull.

After that, scrub the feed and nib thoroughly. It'll write perfectly.

Hi

Can you pls share the diameter of the feeder with the nib placed over it? This is for checking transplant-ability in other pens. Also a pic of nib removed from the section in possible. Thanks!

You aren't going to fit the nib/feed into anything together. It's a pilot standard feed. so it's crazy thick at the bottom.

The nib is just a smallish #5, very similar to the standard bock nib in a kaweco sport.

It's really not vintage feeling. it feels like a new model.

Just don't forget to scrub the feed with soapy water before you use it!

How did you remove the converter and clean out the feed before use? Just want to make sure I don't mess up the pen.

This for sure doesn't have a vintage feel but it's quite lovely regardless of its age. There's signs of age on mine, but barely noticable.

How did you remove the converter and clean out the feed before use? Just want to make sure I don't mess up the pen.

This for sure doesn't have a vintage feel but it's quite lovely regardless of its age. There's signs of age on mine, but barely noticable.

nib and feed pull straight out, and the converter really sticks on there the first time, but it pulls straight off too.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that the nib will fit the faber castell #5 feed and housing.

I put the nib, feed, section and converter in hot water for a bit, and they all came apart without issue.

Can also confirm that the Con40 can be a replacement for the stock converter.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up, Honeybadgers!

Edited by JosephKing

I just ordered one and they said it would be near the end of the month. Is this delay typical?

the Danitrio Fellowship

Dunno, but the seller is fantastic, so c'est la vie.