Gf Piston Filler Inspired By A Mixture Of Vintage Mb Features

fountainbel

I dont like the ball clip, it reminds me of cheap mass produced pens. I prefer the vintage style but agree the jewel draws the eye a bit too much. I am also not sure about the wider filling knob being better balanced visually but it is growing on me. However, please be assured I still love this pen!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• FredRydr

• SpecTP

• siamackz

Love the ball clip!

For me the cap top and barrel end look too bulbous. However the material selection and craftsmanship look superb!

Cheers and happy new year

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your comments !

The length of the filling knob is determined for building in the slipping clutch off the 14X telescopic filler, I can't make it shorter .

And for reasons of symetricality I've made the cap top also longer.....

Happy new year !

Francis

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated.

It looks the majority is in favor of the ball clip, which is also my favorite !

Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2020 !

Kind regards,

Francis

• 3 weeks later...

HJi all,

Looks the new picture with the silver ball clip is not showing up.

Here it is again

Best,

Francis

IMG_1538.jpeg

Oeps, doesn't show up directly either, sorry..

But does show top when clicking on

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fountain pen friends !

In the mean time I've made this pen in 3 other celluloid versions

Which one would be your favorite ?

best regards,

Francis

edited-image_6.jpg

I like two of the pens you have pictured. The first one I like is the pen pictured 2nd from the bottom, and the second one I like is the fourth from the bottom, i.e. the one right next to the one next to the pen with the flat ends. Francis, you have outdone yourself again. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Thank you.

Arco makes everything nice and the engineer in me loves the demonstrator, but the blue really speaks to me on a level the others don't.

Hello Francis. Glad the ball clip worked out. Feel free to just scoop up that fistful of pens and send them to me. You have my address. I like them all.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Wow.. utterly brilliant, Francis. I like them all.

best regards,

Francis

edited-image_6.jpg

best regards,

Francis

edited-image_6.jpg

Number 3, only with the clip from the top pen. The clip looks great minus the "jewel" on the earlier versions.

gary

Hi Gary,

That's not the same clip and Francis' other pens. That yellow pen is sporting a reproduction MB "tie clip" whereas Francis' clip is an homage with a different form factor. And the "jewel" has the function of being the part of the clip that grasps from the rear and is not just for show.

I'm not passing judgment on your views or aesthetic choices, just pointing out what I found to be a nice subtle feature of his work.

Z

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Z-

I've never been accused of subtlety, I'm not sure I have aesthetic choices, and I'm pretty sure that I can't ID a form factor at 10 paces. Judge away good man.

I do recognize the clip from vintage MBs and the Hemingway. Functional or not I don't miss "jewel."

gary

Gorgeous job!

I'd say the shorter clip on the deep blue one seems better balanced to me and the design overall has certain Italian vibe despite being based on early Montblanc models.

With regards to the 136-ish model, what can I say... to me is the epitome of fountain pen design, so I can't be objective... all I'd add it's I seem to be in the minority that prefers the "shorter" cap over the clip from the later units.

Lucky those that can own one of your little treasures!

Thank you all for your encouraging comments , much appreciated !

Fran cis

BTW, I'm in the process of making a demonstrator version of the new pen, I'll probably post in a few days

genius work, fantastic celluloids, if I had to choose I'd still go for the Tibaldi.

I also like the first clip, seems to fit better on the overall vintage type of look of this pen, IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...