• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• sansenri

• cunim

• challer61

Thanks for the heads up.

A Conid Slimline is on my wish list and has been so since I got to try one at the Baltimore Washington Pen Show last year; but I haven't been able to afford one as of yet. This announcement means I can consider starting the equivalent of what my college roommate called "the wench fund" (she would save up spare change out of her wallet to help finance going out to a Dark Shadows convention on the West Coast -- the first year she went to the masquerade ball as a "tavern wench" because there were apparently some story lines involving time travel).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yeah. They are kinda spendy. Above my pay grade, but I purchased one 18 months ago anyway. Rice and beans are both tasty and nutritious. I have a second ordered in August in the pipeline. Ordered it without a nib, and was told that would speed things up a bit. Maybe I'll get it by Xmas.

I'm happy to see Conid overwhelmed by unexpected, huge success. First class product, and lovely people.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Yeah. They are kinda spendy. Above my pay grade, but I purchased one 18 months ago anyway. Rice and beans are both tasty and nutritious. I have a second ordered in August in the pipeline. Ordered it without a nib, and was told that would speed things up a bit. Maybe I'll get it by Xmas.

I'm happy to see Conid overwhelmed by unexpected, huge success. First class product, and lovely people.

Hopefully they get things sorted out and back on track.

@mauckcg and @Karmachanic: I fully agree !

and one thing for sure: next May, I’ ll place my new order !

Good luck for them

LD

• 4 weeks later...

are we sure they mean what they say ? ... they really will be back or is this a smokescreen for corporate problems ?

they seem fairly emphatic that they will will, indeed, be back in production by may, i certainly hope so as i will finally buy my first conid which will likely be a kingsize

they are pricey pens but from what i have read and seen, their build and design is first rate and certainly they are not expensive pens compared to many rather ordinary pens that are all tarted up with pretty colours

er .... some of which i do own ...

ps. i hope they keep the antwerppen which i have in my sights as it has the conid technology and design ... and is all tarted up with pretty colours

are we sure they mean what they say ? ... they really will be back or is this a smokescreen for corporate problems ?

they seem fairly emphatic that they will will, indeed, be back in production by may, i certainly hope so as i will finally buy my first conid which will likely be a kingsize

they are pricey pens but from what i have read and seen, their build and design is first rate and certainly they are not expensive pens compared to many rather ordinary pens that are all tarted up with pretty colours

er .... some of which i do own ...

ps. i hope they keep the antwerppen which i have in my sights as it has the conid technology and design ... and is all tarted up with pretty colours

All indicators are that they are just absolutely overwhelmed with tons of orders. They are basically everyone's grail pen right now, and a very small team that manufactures everything they use in-house apart from the nibs.

Hopefully in a couple years they'll be sorted. I am eyeing one as my graduation gift.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I know this doesn't contribute to the discussion at all, but why is this in the Great Britain and Ireland forum? Belgium is most definitely part of the European mainland.

drat, they were on my wish list too but I never pulled the trigger so far due to the expense... I think I'll follow Ruth's recommendation and start a "wench fund"...

a lot has been said about their delivery times, so it does not come as a surprise

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/348034-conid-delivery-time/

we can probably also blame ourselves, I bet 90% of their orders come from FPN members...

(hey guys, who's order was the last straw?... :) )

Edited by sansenri

If it takes 2 years to sort out, they'll be out of business. Working down backlog will provide some income but they need to continue backlog. The right thing for them would be to take orders now for six months from now.

Just my own belief but the folks who make Conid do not need the pen business. They are fully occupied with high tech machine shop work. The pens are a labor of love. I think they just became exhausted with the fuss of marketing and order taking and shipping and ..... They want to create a structure that will allow making pens to be fun again. Of course, they could just double their prices. That would have the effect of allowing them to remain small and personal as they were in the beginning.