Alstar Black Emr Stylus

bogiesan

Just a little follow up for those who might be interested. I received my Remarkable 2 about one month ago. I bought it so I could grade examens wihtout printing them - a necessity since we are now teaching on line only (and for at least 6 more monthes) and that my eyes cannot stand grading on a regular, computer or tablet, screen.

The pen that came with the RM is nice, kind of a pencil with more heft. The Lamy EMR is a real upghrade as far as I am concerned since it's larger, and the pen is really nice. I never actually used a Al-Star before, and I was really surprised by the difference with the Safari.

The Lamy tip is a pain to use with the RM, so yes, you need to change for the RM tip. What is also nice is that you can change the barrel with other Lamy Safari/Al-Star/Joy. The Joy's barrel (and all other fountain pens' barrels I would guess) is not a perfect match to the EMR section but it is not a problem as far as functionality is concerned, and it's nice to have a desk pen size stylus. I am also waiting for a charged green roller ball so I can have some color variation with the black Al-Star EMR. 

Now, the RM will never replace paper as far as I am concerned, but it's nice enough to replace it for some writing tasks or projects, like organising lists or taking short notes. I will probably use it as a dream notebook once the notebook I am using now is full. It is also nice enough to read articles or even books. 

I hope some pen brands will start producing nice EMR pens - and I really hope that Lamy will care to produce a 2000 EMR model. I would buy it in a heartbeat and it would really make me happy - c'mon, Lamy: RM users need a 2K-EMR!!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Namo

• dennis_f

• bogiesan

• piblondin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the update Namo; it's very helpful.

(On a sidenote, I can't believe this thread is only one year old.  2020 has truly dragged on and on and on...).

• 3 weeks later...

Final update: I just received my Charged green rollerball, and the barrel is indeed fully compatible with the EMR section. 

Merry Christmas everbody. 

amonjak.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Namo said:

Just a little follow up for those who might be interested. I received my Remarkable 2 about one month ago. I bought it so I could grade examens wihtout printing them - a necessity since we are now teaching on line only (and for at least 6 more monthes) and that my eyes cannot stand grading on a regular, computer or tablet, screen.

The pen that came with the RM is nice, kind of a pencil with more heft. The Lamy EMR is a real upghrade as far as I am concerned since it's larger, and the pen is really nice. I never actually used a Al-Star before, and I was really surprised by the difference with the Safari.

The Lamy tip is a pain to use with the RM, so yes, you need to change for the RM tip. What is also nice is that you can change the barrel with other Lamy Safari/Al-Star/Joy. The Joy's barrel (and all other fountain pens' barrels I would guess) is not a perfect match to the EMR section but it is not a problem as far as functionality is concerned, and it's nice to have a desk pen size stylus. I am also waiting for a charged green roller ball so I can have some color variation with the black Al-Star EMR. 

Now, the RM will never replace paper as far as I am concerned, but it's nice enough to replace it for some writing tasks or projects, like organising lists or taking short notes. I will probably use it as a dream notebook once the notebook I am using now is full. It is also nice enough to read articles or even books. 

I hope some pen brands will start producing nice EMR pens - and I really hope that Lamy will care to produce a 2000 EMR model. I would buy it in a heartbeat and it would really make me happy - c'mon, Lamy: RM users need a 2K-EMR!!

I just ordered one, but it’s not going to arrive until next month. Have you installed Remarkable Hacks, so you can switch to the eraser using the button on the Lamy?

On 12/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, Namo said:

Final update: I just received my Charged green rollerball, and the barrel is indeed fully compatible with the EMR section. 

Merry Christmas everbody. 

Photo??

5 hours ago, piblondin said:

I just ordered one, but it’s not going to arrive until next month. Have you installed Remarkable Hacks, so you can switch to the eraser using the button on the Lamy?

I wasn't aware of such a hack - and given my incapabilities in anything related to computer's technology, I think I will stay away from it. 😅 It would be nice to be able to use the button, but it is not troublesome to have to use the tools bar.

amonjak.com

5 hours ago, piblondin said:

Photo??

Can't do now. But it's rather uninteresting. Same as the black EMR only with the green barrel. I like the color, but I can't stand the FP Safari/Al-Star grip; the grip of the RB (and now the EMR stylus) works better for me. And since I dontît really use RB, this was an oportunity to have a pen in this beautiful color and actually use it. This being said, I really like the black aluminium body too.

amonjak.com

On 1/9/2021 at 10:32 AM, piblondin said:

Photo??

On the right the black barrel that came with the EMR stylus, on the left, the stylus section with the charged green barrel  that came with the rollerball

IMG_20210114_101845~2.jpg

amonjak.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 7:32 AM, piblondin said:

As an update, I did this and it works fine. If you hold the button, it enables the eraser as long as the button is held. I rarely use the eraser, but it’s nice to have the functionality. 

On 12/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, Namo said:

What do you not like about the Lamy nib on the EMR? I started with it, switched to a ReMarkable nib and then switched back to the Lamy one. I find the Lamy nib to be noticeably smoother and produce a glassier writing experience, which I prefer. 

7 hours ago, piblondin said:

As an update, I did this and it works fine. If you hold the button, it enables the eraser as long as the button is held. I rarely use the eraser, but it’s nice to have the functionality. 

7 hours ago, piblondin said:

What do you not like about the Lamy nib on the EMR? I started with it, switched to a ReMarkable nib and then switched back to the Lamy one. I find the Lamy nib to be noticeably smoother and produce a glassier writing experience, which I prefer. 

I am sure the update works well, it's my abilities I don't trust. I might ask a friend, but this will have to wait until the anti-virus measures are off. Merci du suivi, par contre!

The tips from Lamy are incredibly draggy, feel like writing on glue with my rM2, so my experience is really different from yours. I guess there are variations in tips production, or maybe different specifications do exists (tips for glass-sceen, for paper-tablets and so on?)  It's ok since the rM tips are fitting perfectly. What's stange is that the rM2 stylus and the Lamy stylus, both with the rM tips, behave differently on the tablet. 

amonjak.com