1930S Uk Red Ink

Parker Ruby

Hello,

I'm trying to find a suitable alternative to this red ink. The paper is an off-white - it's slightly darker than cream. The colour rendition of my phone camera is pretty good, and what I see on a calibrated monitor is a good representation of these two samples I have in front of me.

The manuscript dates from the early 1930s, and was written by someone in the UK, thus it would've been a UK-sourced ink. As you can see, it has a peach hue to it, though it feathers to a magenta where it's been exposed to damp. It looks quite a bright ink, and a little unsaturated.

I don't generally look at or for red inks - Parker Ruby is still my favourite red, though for every day use I use both Diamine Majestic Purple and Montverde Horizon Blue, which is my replacement for Parker Penman Sapphire.

Many thanks

Richard

post-17382-0-86289500-1572533938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Parker Ruby

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parker Ruby

• Misfit

• Noihvo

• txomsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my screen the pictures are too small to appreciate detail. Maybe you could add a close-up of the interesting area?

From the little I see, maybe Sheaffer (Skripps?) Red could look similar? But do not take my word for it, see online reviews just in case.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

In my screen the pictures are too small to appreciate detail. Maybe you could add a close-up of the interesting area?

From the little I see, maybe Sheaffer (Skripps?) Red could look similar? But do not take my word for it, see online reviews just in case.

First one

post-17382-0-30642400-1572646241_thumb.jpg

This is an image of modern Sheaffer Skrip Red on Clairefontaine paper.

fpn_1572649112__df8218a2-a7a2-4679-bb47-

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Does anyone have writing samples of Diamine Poppy or Wild Strawberry? I bet those are close. Classic Red is to much of a "true" red.

Those look like they might be close.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Does anyone have writing samples of Diamine Poppy or Wild Strawberry? I bet those are close. Classic Red is to much of a "true" red.

I looked at Diamine Poppy and Wild Strawberry in Write Here in Shrewsbury, as well as Pilot Iroshizuku Red Momiji. The latter was quite close, but not peach enough. Thanks for your suggestions - it helped us look at his samples.