Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Anyone know when "Metal" showed up on the underside of the Montblanc Meisterstuck LeGrand 146 clip? I just bought a 146 and was surprised to see "metal" and "Made in Germany" on the underside of the clip, and no pix on the center band.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pendude45

• Addertooth

• silverlifter

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare the feed with a real 146. Take a magnet to the nib, the fakes do not use gold nibs, they use gold plated steel nibs. And unscrew the blind cap (over an area which wll not get ink stained), if it entirely unscrews, it is a fake.

I don't think it's a fake. I bought it from a Montblanc authorized dealer and Montblanc USA confirmed the serial number. The blind cap doesn't unscrew, by the way, although I didn't try your other tests. A look at the very fine fins on the feed also seem to confirm no fake. It's just that I did read someone who had referred to "Metal" being under the clip, as mine has, but can't pin down when Montblanc started to add that. They seem to change these details on their pens quite often.

There is a great permanent thread (I believe a sticky) for the 146, and at what date the features and marks changed on the pen. Go to the Montblanc group and you will find that thread.