Home Made: Eureka V8.3 Ebonite Fountain Pen (Feed And Nib Also Homebuilt)

fplover5

Marvelous pens, Dovidu.

Also a very good explainer video.

Wish you all the success.

--saji

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fplover5

• Honeybadgers

• dapprman

• hari317

thanks a ton!

have any color in mind? (just trying to figure out which ones are popular)

that black one with red lines looks really nice

that black one with red lines looks really nice

i see, i actually have some availble.

hopely, i will post some on ebay several days later.

eurekafp.com

◆Instagram: eureka_fp

Marvelous pens, Dovidu.

Also a very good explainer video.

Wish you all the success.

--saji

thank you so much!

i really appreciate your encouragement.

eurekafp.com

looking very good, and a welcomed offer of something different, particularly the nib.

Regarding ebonite colours, some of the japanese striped ebonite are among the best available, cumberland style,

deep blue/black, red/black, green/black, sand/black, etc. Many here also appreciate solid colours.

FPN has a poll system, you could probably show a choice of ebonite and ask here to point out favorites...

Take my money. These are almost the perfect size pens for me (I find Aurora's to be a very good fit in terms of section and girth), maybe a bit smaller on the Asymmetry. Would love to see one with a stopper or clip to compare although I don't mind the plain look either.

Rather nicely designed pens, less is definitely more. Very tastefully classic designs and I'm particularly liking the clean lines of the capped V8.3.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reasoning, if any, behind the model nomenclature of the pens? I assume they are version numbers?

Thanks.

Rather nicely designed pens, less is definitely more. Very tastefully classic designs and I'm particularly liking the clean lines of the capped V8.3.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reasoning, if any, behind the model nomenclature of the pens? I assume they are version numbers?

Thanks.

indeed, i prefer classic clean looks, practicality, and solid build that will last forever.

yes you are correct.

the first pen created was V1.0 (made of solid aluminum)

i will soon create my website explaining everything, including every version.

eurekafp.com

Amazing work! Thank you for sharing! I would love to buy your pens. Please let us know when they are available.

hi david, i will soon create my website, you will be able to directly purchase from me.

eurekafp.com

Take my money. These are almost the perfect size pens for me (I find Aurora's to be a very good fit in terms of section and girth), maybe a bit smaller on the Asymmetry. Would love to see one with a stopper or clip to compare although I don't mind the plain look either.

hi parnesh,

much thanks for your input!

the clip i am working ATM. it will increase some cost of the pen, if included.

eurekafp.com

looking very good, and a welcomed offer of something different, particularly the nib.

Regarding ebonite colours, some of the japanese striped ebonite are among the best available, cumberland style,

deep blue/black, red/black, green/black, sand/black, etc. Many here also appreciate solid colours.

FPN has a poll system, you could probably show a choice of ebonite and ask here to point out favorites...

surely i will try poll sometime!

but soon i will make the make in all sorts of colors, including yellow!!

in addition to color ebonites, i will also introduce color urushi tamenuri, na-jeon techniques, metallic overlays, etc.

but i will need more, more time ;)

eurekafp.com

Beautiful pens, my sincere congratulations !

I'm impressed you have taken the hurdle of making the nibs and feeds yourself, amazing !

Wishing you success !

Francis

Also what are the nib tipping sizes you can offer? Pls consider offering OBB, O3B sizes, there is a serious shortage of such nibs on the market.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Beautiful pens, my sincere congratulations !

I'm impressed you have taken the hurdle of making the nibs and feeds yourself, amazing !

Wishing you success !

Francis

wow, it's my honor to be praised by a skilled machinist like you!

eurekafp.com