Conid Kingsize K Dcb Db Ft Ti

Michael R.

On Saturday, Sept. 28th no other than mastermind and inventor of the bulkfiller fountainbel himself delivered my Conid Kingsize K DCB DB FT TI to the Tilburg Pen Show.

While I alreday own a Conid First Production Run (Regular) since 2012 the Kingsize sets a new standard when it comes to perfectly fit pens.

I had a great chat with Francis and happily walked away with my newly acquired treasure. Many thanks Francis for your time.

Yesterday I took some photographs to begin with after filling the pen with Diamine Apple Glory.

I'll let them speak for themselves for the moment...

48813690946_44bcbb1111_k.jpgP1480623 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813839757_7cec6c9302_k.jpgP1480622 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813839947_7d191dec32_k.jpgP1480621 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813691741_6b9a9d9c37_k.jpgP1480617 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813691496_c795401f2a_k.jpgP1480618 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813690381_9a373e7e0d_k.jpgP1480626 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813690716_9c6c5af94e_k.jpgP1480624 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813336493_05f6a563e1_k.jpgP1480627 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813835997_d7f9a61bef_k.jpgP1480669 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813838597_131285d05b_k.jpgP1480631 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813838472_f109811527_k.jpgP1480638 by pensninks, auf Flickr

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• challer61

• Joe124013

• silverlifter

48813334493_6efd48e7bf_k.jpgP1480658 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813335843_ebd87aee28_k.jpgP1480642 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813687471_0fe55bb6f8_k.jpgP1480664 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813687701_4dbac50f5b_k.jpgP1480663 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813687896_c6c785d4d8_k.jpgP1480661 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813334318_5f9a3b349c_k.jpgP1480659 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813334723_2d854d3039_k.jpgP1480654 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813688586_1d0970e5a4_k.jpgP1480653 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813837777_e22e97c9bd_k.jpgP1480648 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813838032_80a2d6baef_k.jpgP1480643 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48813335133_2171371c0a_k.jpgP1480651 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Cheers

Michael

Terrific pictures and a terrific pen.

I somehow managed to buy three Conid pens and none have the Conid engraving on the nib. Hopefully the next one will have it.

the Kingsize sets a new standard when it comes to perfectly fit pens.

Can you say something about the difference between a Regular and the Kingsize, as far as "perfection" is concerned?

Italix Captain's Commission F – Italix Parson's Essential F – Kaweco Dia2 EF – Pilot Custom 74 SF – Sailor 1911 Simply Black F – TWSBI Classic EF – Rotring Altro F

“As for the qualities of which you may know, ‘These qualities lead to dispassion, not to passion; to being unfettered, not to being fettered; to shedding, not to accumulating; to modesty, not to self-aggrandizement; to contentment, not to discontent; to seclusion, not to entanglement; to aroused persistence, not to laziness; to being unburdensome, not to being burdensome’: You may definitely hold, ‘This is the Dhamma, this is the Vinaya, this is the Teacher’s instruction.’”

Thank you for all of your nice comments!

I somehow managed to buy three Conid pens and none have the Conid engraving on the nib. Hopefully the next one will have it.

Which Conid pens do you have?

Can you say something about the difference between a Regular and the Kingsize, as far as "perfection" is concerned?

I don't own a current respectively regular production Regular. Mine is a First Production Run pen from 2012 and the Kingsize just feels totally like it is milled from a single piece of matter.

The First Production Run is already very well made but the Kingsize really sets a reference.

Maybe I should compare it to a current production Regular. My friend is thinking about getting one for herself at the moment.

Cheers

Michael

@ Michael: I'm thinking about that too; that's why I asked. But thanks for your answer!

Italix Captain's Commission F – Italix Parson's Essential F – Kaweco Dia2 EF – Pilot Custom 74 SF – Sailor 1911 Simply Black F – TWSBI Classic EF – Rotring Altro F

“As for the qualities of which you may know, ‘These qualities lead to dispassion, not to passion; to being unfettered, not to being fettered; to shedding, not to accumulating; to modesty, not to self-aggrandizement; to contentment, not to discontent; to seclusion, not to entanglement; to aroused persistence, not to laziness; to being unburdensome, not to being burdensome’: You may definitely hold, ‘This is the Dhamma, this is the Vinaya, this is the Teacher’s instruction.’”

Nice pen. Enjoy it :)

My regular bulk filler with the steel nib is a big favourite, bought from CONID when they attended the LWES show a few years back. Nib tuned to perfection by Johann. I also have a Minimalistica with a MB146 nib in it, which whilst nice is not on a par.

Which Conid pens do you have?

Michael

I have a minimalistica in delrin, a regular cappuccino, and a Kingsize blue pearl. The first two have Titanium nibs and the kingsize has a gold nib.

I also have a Minimalistica with a MB146 nib in it, which whilst nice is not on a par.

The Minimalistica is the next one I'd like to get. What do you dislike about it?

I have a minimalistica in delrin, a regular cappuccino, and a Kingsize blue pearl. The first two have Titanium nibs and the kingsize has a gold nib.

That's a nice collection! I love the colored Conids also.

I have four kingsize and plan to get two more. They are the stars of my collection.

Wow! Different nibs and different models?

Cheers

Michael

I have six Conids 2 kingsize and 4 Regulars. All are slightly different, Three of them (1 kingsize and 2 regulars) are Ebonite caps and barrels. All wear Titanium Broad stubs. only one has an engraved clip (my first, a Kingsize).

The Minimalistica is the next one I'd like to get. What do you dislike about it?

That's a nice collection! I love the colored Conids also.

Wow! Different nibs and different models?

Cheers

Michael

Different models, two different nibs. I've got most limited and special editions. Different nibs used to be fun but now pens are tools and I used them all day long.

l

The pen itself is of good build quality as with other CONIDs and works very well. Size is also great. The nib slip on and off is a bit fiddly. and the screw on of the bulk filler is much better. Ironically the bit I dislike most is the MB nib!

I just tried to send you a PM but unfortunately you cannot receive new messages! :)

Edited by da vinci

Great pictures. Enjoy your CONID.

I have two of them and they are both in the daily routine.

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I have six Conids 2 kingsize and 4 Regulars. All are slightly different, Three of them (1 kingsize and 2 regulars) are Ebonite caps and barrels. All wear Titanium Broad stubs. only one has an engraved clip (my first, a Kingsize).

I like how you can customize those! I have medium italic nib on my First Production Run. A broad stub would be interesting to try!

Ironically the bit I dislike most is the MB nib!

I just tried to send you a PM but unfortunately you cannot receive new messages! :)

That's something which can be changed easily ;-)

Oh yes, sorry about the PM. I just did clean up a little bit!

Cheers

Michael