Ranga Handmade Pens-"matte Is Marvelous" Ebonite Group Buy

mpkandan

Just wondering, what does the "no nib" option mean? I have some loose #6 Jowo nibs (just the nib, no feed or housing); would those work? Although, I'm also deciding if I'd like gold tone or dual tone better with the colors I'm considering (rose-mustard or teal-orange I think), so then I'd just get one of the nib options.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• sansenri

• mpkandan

• LobsterRoll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lobster Roll: The nibs are usually in a unit that simply screws into the section.

This applies to Bock & Schmidt as well as JoWo.

Matte, or Bakul does not appeal to me at all.

No nib means - no nib/housing. I know nothing of Shmidt housings/nibs. I believe Ranga pens are generally threaded to accept Jowo housing. I have asked for and received two pens threaded to accept Bock housings.

In my limited experience Jowo housings will accept Bock nibs, however, Jowo housings do not happily accept Bock nibs, in that I end up with a space between the tip of the feed and the nib, which results in ink starvation. This applies to my Ti nibs.

Very fond of Baikal/Matte finish on Ebonite.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Just wondering, what does the "no nib" option mean? I have some loose #6 Jowo nibs (just the nib, no feed or housing); would those work? Although, I'm also deciding if I'd like gold tone or dual tone better with the colors I'm considering (rose-mustard or teal-orange I think), so then I'd just get one of the nib options.

Dear Sir,

It is in detail in the form

No Nib -Threaded for #6 Bock Nib (-US$12)
No Nib -Threaded for #6 Jowo Nib (-US$12)
No Nib -Threaded for #6 Schmidt Nib (-US$12)
Bock , Jowo and Schmidt nib unit has unique threading. They are not interchangeable with other brands
Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen company

After all that, I wound up ordering a solid teal (4C, chrome clip, chrome EF Jowo nib) last night. I decided that I'd rather order a polished ripple in the future.

:D nice choice, I have a model 3 in teal polished, nice colour

Dear Mr. Sansenri Sir,

Big thanks. You are making my job easy. :)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

:D it was fun...

but more difficult finding them in bakul...

Edited by sansenri

:D nice choice, I have a model 3 in teal polished, nice colour

I hadn't noticed it before placing my order. I was about to order a ripple pattern when I saw teal and was instantly taken by it.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Form submitted and payment sent!

I really appreciated all the photos and links that were posted in this thread of the different colors, thank you sansenri and Lloyd.

Edited by LobsterRoll

had fun posting some of my pics, and looking for the others.

Ranga offers a huge variety of colours, I don't think even they have a picture of each pen in each colour/finish...!

what colour did you choose finally?

Form submitted and payment sent!

I really appreciated all the photos and links that were posted in this thread of the different colors, thank you sansenri and Lloyd.

Thanks for the order Sir

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

had fun posting some of my pics, and looking for the others.

Ranga offers a huge variety of colours, I don't think even they have a picture of each pen in each colour/finish...!

what colour did you choose finally?

Dear Mr. Sansenri Sir,

Yes. You are correct. I have to avail a photo loan from you for Ranga models and colours

I try to restrict the colour choices but i can't:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear Mr. Sansenri Sir,

Yes. You are correct. I have to avail a photo loan from you for Ranga models and colours

I try to restrict the colour choices but i can't:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

:lol: :lol:

by all means, but don't restrict the colour choice! :D

I love the variety of colors. I had a lot of fun looking at the photos and imagining holding them in my hand in real life. And now I have so many of the colors on my possible future wish list. And yet -- I ended up ordering a black matte pen :rolleyes: But that's kind of exotic for me! I don't have any black fountain pens.

Super excited about the pen. It'll cover so many firsts for me! A first Ranga, a first Indian pen, a first ebonite pen, and first time trying a Bock nib. I think I'm really going to like how the matte ebonite feels, and the shape of the pen (I got a 3C).

Edited by LobsterRoll

admittedly a nice choice, black is a classic and even more so in bakul ebonite being an Indian pen (you'll have time to start wanting other colours later... :) ).

The 3C is also a recommended starting point, not small, not too big, a very smooth, simple design (one of my favourites from Ranga).

The Bock nib is my most frequent choice on ordering a Ranga too.

show us some pics when you receive it.

Matte is indeed marvelous :)

Here's my giant bamboo in matte yellow swirl

And some matte black ebonite next to a Lamy 2000

Question:

This month's group-buy is only for ebonite?

I have some matte acrylic pens & was wondering if that was an option (and hoping someone'd posted photos if so, the Nauka's translucent acrylic doesn't look as good as ebonite)

I believe ebonite only in this GB

I agree the Nauka's translucent acrylic doesn't look as good as ebonite, I have the transparent one but since I got it I am thinking of getting an ebonite version...

I guess I'm missing this one, as I won't have pen money for a few weeks yet. Still, I have questions:

Which colour is that handsome green bamboo in your pictures?

Is the one above the blue/brown ripple the teal colour? (Two pictures up from the pictures showing each pen model)

Are the grip sections on any of these pen models 15mm or greater?

Is this the "Christmas" group buy, or will there be another one following?

Dear

I guess I'm missing this one, as I won't have pen money for a few weeks yet. Still, I have questions:

Which colour is that handsome green bamboo in your pictures?

Is the one above the blue/brown ripple the teal colour? (Two pictures up from the pictures showing each pen model)

Are the grip sections on any of these pen models 15mm or greater?

Is this the "Christmas" group buy, or will there be another one following?

Dear Sir,

Which colour is that handsome green bamboo in your pictures?---- S1 .Solid Forest Green

Is the one above the blue/brown ripple the teal colour? (Two pictures up from the pictures showing each pen model)--Iti s just above Blue/Yellow Sugarcane Pen. Teal is in Model 3C

Are the grip sections on any of these pen models 15mm or greater?- Can make custom models for Model 5

Is this the "Christmas" group buy, or will there be another one following?--- What do you suggest for us sir)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

Thanks for the great response. We are extending this Group Buy till 14th August

Shipment Update:

All the orders except Sugarcane series and Model 9B are shipped already.

I will send the shipment details on this week

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company