Twsbi Vac Mini New Rubber Plunger

eharriett
Rate Topic 0

The rubber plunger gasket at the bottom of the stem of my vac mini is crazy loose making the pen almost unusable for sucking up ink. Can someone tell me what the proper rubber gasket down there should be?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eharriett

• BDarchitect

• AlexLeGrande

• Honeybadgers

Thanks. Was kind of hoping for a local option. I really do not want to have to pay $3 s&h if it is a 30 cent part.

At a certain point it is less an issue of what a small part costs to make and more a matter of what it is worth to you. Without it, you have a pen that won't work. For a small fee you can make it work again, which seems more important than a few dollars cost to get it. That said, he may be very accommodating; I have found him so. Certainly very responsive. I emailed him once on a Sunday evening and got a response in ten minutes.

I have also found Phillip prompt and accommodating, quickly responding to my emails and providing replacement parts for the cost of shipping. fo Perfection lies with the gods. Here on earth, I am just grateful for remediation.

• 4 weeks later...

Philip can be rude and weird, but he always takes care of the problem.

I've had to replace the seal in my vac700R as well (it got loose from over-use) and it was just a few bucks.

The part is proprietary. it's not a standard factory O ring, so you're gonna have to cough up a few bucks.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 3 months later...