Graf Von Faber Castell

Waltz For Zizi

Hello! I know I've put this question almost a year ago and people seemed to disagree with me,, but lately I have got vibes that the intuition range of pens from Graf von faber castell is being discontinued. You can barely find it for sale. Ihe ivory color I know for a fact that is discontinued, and I'm beginning to think that the whole range is, because on their official website the range is not being listed anymore.

Is anyone more knowledgeable than me? Is it really being discontinued? I really need to know. I recently traded one of my other pens for an Intuition Ivory because I could not find it anywhere else to buy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waltz For Zizi

• sirgilbert357

• sansenri

• praxim

I bought an ivory colored intuition platino with broad nib not a year ago from a boutique. I also saw some on display at the DC pen show last month. I don't think it is discontinued.

Edited by SpecTP

The Intuition line is still on their website. I was in a stationery shop and saw the Intuition line on display there too. I tried a Classic Macassar fountain pen. The ruthenium plated metal fixture looked very nice with the dark wood barrel :) .

Why not email GvFC customer service and just ask?

I emailed them, then they asked my country of origin, and afterwards they redirected me towards my country's faber castell and they told me, just as before, that the intuition ivory is indeed discontinued, and asked if I want to buy something else instead.

No clear answer regarding the whole line.

The Intuition line is still on their website. I was in a stationery shop and saw the Intuition line on display there too. I tried a Classic Macassar fountain pen. The ruthenium plated metal fixture looked very nice with the dark wood barrel :) .

https://www.graf-von-faber-castell.com/series

I disagree. There is no Intuition line on their website.

If you checked a regional website, it might still exist as it exist on the website they have in the region of my country, which lists the intuition line, well, al least some of them, no intuition ivory though.

Check the link I posted. There is no Intuition line.

I disagree. There is no Intuition line on their website.

I disagree :), albeit they appear to have only the black version.

Click "All products" then "Fountain Pens" then you will see it offered.

X

I disagree :), albeit they appear to have only the black version.

Click "All products" then "Fountain Pens" then you will see it offered.

I disagree. If you search by "fountain pen" you will also get limited editions and various POTY. It doesn't mean they are still produced, just that they are still in stock.

And it's not the black version of the intuition, it's the ebony and grenadilla there. It's like comparing Montblanc 149 to 146. They might look similar but are different sizes, different nibs.

Where are the Terra, Ivory, Black, Black platino versions if they are still produced?

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

They labelled it Platino Black when I looked up the web site now and earlier. I take them at their word.

It may be that they are changing the finishes. They may be changing the designs. It may be that they are doing as they please. If Intuitions are not available new then they will still appear on the second hand market. I have one, in ivory, and admire its design and build quality, even though it is only a C/C pen.

Given they appear to be a favoured pen for you, I can understand that you may be perturbed by their absence from stores. I am perturbed that there is no Soennecken making any more Rheingolds, and that has been a problem for much longer.

X

The Intuition is a lovely pen, the Platinum version with wood barrel is just fantastic.

Of all the Intuition versions the Ivory is the one I would probably not buy, as it's the most likely to get ink stains.

I already own the Terracotta, Ebony and Grenadilla, and every time I see the other wood versions I feel a strong urge to own those too...

As several other pen makers, GvFC has the right to launch new models and discontinue older ones...

German makers are usually more conservative though (except with LEs).

The thick barreled gvfc pens are a bit of a dream pen for me. I like Faber Castell design and build quality. I'm just not sure the writing experience is good enough to justify the price.

In the UK it is still shown on the UK GvFC page, but the vendors have very little of their range on the their websites.

For awareness, the Platino version has a wider barrel, and the wooden Platinos also a larger nib.

I emailed them, then they asked my country of origin, and afterwards they redirected me towards my country's faber castell and they told me, just as before, that the intuition ivory is indeed discontinued, and asked if I want to buy something else instead.

No clear answer regarding the whole line.

Ah, OK. Hmm...strange. At least you can order from any country that has what you want these days...

The thick barreled gvfc pens are a bit of a dream pen for me. I like Faber Castell design and build quality. I'm just not sure the writing experience is good enough to justify the price.

An issue I wrestle with too. Their pens can be so gorgeous, but I just haven't been able to commit just yet. Funny thing is, though, if their pens were piston fillers, I'd have almost no reservations regarding their prices, lol. How silly is that? Well, I feel like it's silly...I just prefer piston fillers, I guess.

An issue I wrestle with too. Their pens can be so gorgeous, but I just haven't been able to commit just yet. Funny thing is, though, if their pens were piston fillers, I'd have almost no reservations regarding their prices, lol. How silly is that? Well, I feel like it's silly...I just prefer piston fillers, I guess.

I better not let you know they do a range of piston fillers ..... their POTY pens are all piston fillers ;)

The GvFC are the upper range pens and are therefore expensive, the quality is really high and you can feel it.

As with many luxury goods, value for money is subjective and also price rise is often exponential, meaning that to the limit you will need to pay much more just for a small increase in quality and exclusivity. (The unreachable limit is perfection...)

The writing experience may not be exceedingly better than other high range pens, you need to consider the object in all it's aspects.

Subjectively the Intuition Platinum wood is a fantastic pen to hold in the hand.

fpn_1568757198__p1180484-3_gvfc_intuitio

I better not let you know they do a range of piston fillers ..... their POTY pens are all piston fillers ;)

What have you done??!! But wait...their POTY pens are crazy expensive aren't they? So I'm probably safe. I can't really justify more than about 600 bucks for a pen.

Having nearly a dozen of them, my emphatic answer would fall in the affirmative (IMHO of course) , esp the ones with "BB" nibs.

What have you done??!! But wait...their POTY pens are crazy expensive aren't they? So I'm probably safe. I can't really justify more than about 600 bucks for a pen.

yes POTY are way beyond 3-4 times as much...

yes POTY are way beyond 3-4 times as much...

Yeah, I Googled a few of them. I'm safe. I've got a FC Ondoro on my short list to see at the Dallas Pen Show though. It looks like the section might be a tad too close to the nib for me, but its a gorgeous pen and I'd like to handle one in person. Maybe I'll eventually find a GvFC that works for me too...