Hello everyone. :thumbup:

In the past I had made a publication that was to make a decision to get my first vintage flexible fountain pen and finally I could own one of these beauties.
fpn_1567735696__img_8283.jpgIt is a moore safety pen in black hard rubber with a very good ink capacity since this is a long but slender pen.
The pen feels quite comfortable and light in my hand is a pretty beautiful pen that always impresses people when they see a retractable nib of my moore.
fpn_1567735597__img_8285.png
The 14k gold nib is small but has a good flexibility as the seller told me on his website that he lists it as a nib superflex.
The 14k nib is an extra fine point when used without any pressure and not a single stroke has failed me and we add that to be an extra fine nib it is quite smooth.
When I write cursive with the flexibility of this nib it is quite satisfactory and does not tire me and they offer me a beautiful line variation without the need to put a lot of pressure.
I also want to comment on you that the nib is something dry but without being annoying (I mean feeling scratchy or skipping strokes) and even in rhodia paper using flex it dries almost instantly without fear of accidentally stains on your sheet or In hands, it may be that the somewhat dry sensation is due to the pilot blue-black ink that I use since it has some time that the lid broke and I stuck it with adhesive tape and this may be somewhat thicker by evaporation.
fpn_1567735747__02a08456-b98e-49ba-a11b-
fpn_1567735791__img_8281.jpgfpn_1567739999__img_8286.jpgAnd what is most impressive about this great fountain pen is that it has never shown railroading when I use it in flexible mode :notworthy1:and I don't have to be dipping it in the inkwell at all times as with my dip pens.
Although we cannot deny that the dip thought of what I have managed to see in the hands of a calligraphy expert they can create an extremely beautiful calligraphy. :happyberet:
Although I personally have bad luck in finding a good combination of dip nib and ink :wallbash: XD and it is somewhat complicated to get ink at a good price in my country.
Unfortunately I don't think I have time to improve my handwriting for an approximate six months since I find myself doing my professional practices at the university to be a lawyer.
I attach my results with dip pen:
fpn_1567741336__img_8287.jpg
FP FLEX NIB AND DIP FLEX NIBS :notworthy1:
IT IS VERY ENJOYABLE
I became addicted to flex nibs! :puddle:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edo98

• senzen

• peroride

• Addertooth

Top Posters In This Topic

@Edo98 they sure don't make them like they used to, right?

Lovely handwriting and safety pen which is terrific :P since yours affords a wider range of ink choice unlike a sac lever filler.

Congrats and enjoy time travel! :D

@Edo98 they sure don't make them like they used to, right?

Lovely handwriting and safety pen which is terrific :P since yours affords a wider range of ink choice unlike a sac lever filler.

Congrats and enjoy time travel! :D

@peroride Thanks :) , these safety pen are great fun and the simple moore mechanism is quite easy to use just slide up to get the nib and down to save it.

The truth is that I am quite surprised at the quality of this vintage pen from over 100 years ago! It is quite comfortable and writes without missing a single stroke, it is very exciting to write with a relic that is part of the history of fountain pens.

Looks like the beginning of a great romance. Wonderful vintage pen.

Thank you, you are right, I have only been with this pen one day and I am delighted :)

Your handwriting is great, nice nib, and you don't look like you tried to make it write fat.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

@Edo98 , I'm so glad that you got the pen safely, and your handwriting is both consistent and expressive, after you get more familiar with that nib, it can do quite a bit more flexing when/if desired.

This is partly why vintage Moore nibs from that era are some of my favorites because even though it's very fine, but it can be smoothed in such a way that it won't feel grating or scratchy unlike untipped dip nibs.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

This sounds like fun, and that is quite elegant handwriting. Amazon Mexico has a few Iroshizuku from time to time at more normal prices: the equivalent of $20 USD, still expensive but normal, as opposed to the $40 the few other sources want to charge.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

@Edo98 , I'm so glad that you got the pen safely, and your handwriting is both consistent and expressive, after you get more familiar with that nib, it can do quite a bit more flexing when/if desired.

This is partly why vintage Moore nibs from that era are some of my favorites because even though it's very fine, but it can be smoothed in such a way that it won't feel grating or scratchy unlike untipped dip nibs.

It was a pleasure to have done business with you. You did an excellent job of restoration with this pen that I bought you, I am completely in love with my moore safety pen, this pen writes in a very pleasant way.