Ciao. From Italy.

Hello there. I'm not totally new (still inexperienced) to the fountain pen world as I have some Lamys, mostly Safaris, and a CP1, Logo. I use fountain pens since I was a kid, and I started with a Lamy.

So, I decided to make my own fountain pens, this is my first try with a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3812007

I'm here because I need info, especially suggestions about books to read (PDF, ebooks...). I need to know how a fountain pen is made, how the feed works, so that I can attempt to replicate one.

Currently I'm following this blog: https://fountainpendesign.wordpress.com/ I found a lot of useful stuff in there.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parakul

• WalterC

• coinlvr

• Bisquitlips

Welcome to FPN. Making your own fountain pen with a 3-d printer might be the future. The author of fountainpendesign is on FPN as PenIngeneer.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

Sorry, that is Pen_Ingeneer, not peningeneer. Someday I have to read through his full blog.

Yes, read his blog. It totally worth the read. At least for me, as I am not an experienced enthusiast.

Thank you for the report.

Hello and welcome to this friendly corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego. There is such a wealth of information waiting for you to discover on this site. Write On!

“The proper definition of a man is an animal that writes letters.”

Lewis Carroll

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello there. I'm not totally new (still inexperienced) to the fountain pen world as I have some Lamys, mostly Safaris, and a CP1, Logo. I use fountain pens since I was a kid, and I started with a Lamy.

So, I decided to make my own fountain pens, this is my first try with a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3812007

I'm here because I need info, especially suggestions about books to read (PDF, ebooks...). I need to know how a fountain pen is made, how the feed works, so that I can attempt to replicate one.

Currently I'm following this blog: https://fountainpendesign.wordpress.com/ I found a lot of useful stuff in there.

Welcome and good luck on your production endeavor!

Welcome to FPN. Making your own fountain pen with a 3-d printer might be the future. The author of fountainpendesign is on FPN as PenIngeneer.

I received a 3D printed FP from a Kickstarter campaign today. It's definitely a unique piece and writes well so far.

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit.

I received a 3D printed FP from a Kickstarter campaign today. It's definitely a unique piece and writes well so far.

I'm not going to sell anything, just sharing 3D customizable pens. But can you please tell me what pen you bought? I'm just curious to see it. If some rule don't allow you to post here the pen you bought, can you send me a private message? Thank you.

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Words flowing from the soul and conveyed to paper, require the touch of a fountain pens soft carress.Distinct and individual like a lovers touch.

• 6 months later...
Pen Engineer

I'm not going to sell anything, just sharing 3D customizable pens. But can you please tell me what pen you bought? I'm just curious to see it. If some rule don't allow you to post here the pen you bought, can you send me a private message? Thank you.

had a while ago a mental exploration on producing an FP on a 3D printer and had a longish discussion with some guys on reddit. As a play and just copying ordinary FPs it works. I wanted to use the peculiarities of 3D printing to get rid of a feed... and make the whole pen out of one piece (excluding the cap, of course). If you are interested, I'll have a look if I can find it again. :rolleyes:

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

visit Fountain Pen Design

• 2 weeks later...
MBDostoevsky

A warm welcome to you and your pens !

You will learn a lot here...

Best Wishes!

PS: How is the situation in italy?