48561660982_873b2a7695_c.jpg

48561519016_67c8512156_c.jpg

48557216926_8d5af85826_c.jpg

48557354382_05fbe8c2b1_c.jpg

48557354567_1a5a3cffde_c.jpg

48557216711_bd1eec249c_c.jpg

48557216536_2db498e8c8_c.jpg

48557216416_8c0a29bf2c_c.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georges zaslavsky

• Signum1

• fpupulin

• Uncial

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are very elegant and distinctive pens, George!

Your photo of the nibs and the engraved writings is simply gorgeous.

It is strange that your most recent models (the one you reviewed here) has a metallic thread on the section, instad of the gold one of your other specimen.

Congratulations for such interesting pens!

These are very elegant and distinctive pens, George!

Your photo of the nibs and the engraved writings is simply gorgeous.

It is strange that your most recent models (the one you reviewed here) has a metallic thread on the section, instad of the gold one of your other specimen.

Congratulations for such interesting pens!

Thank you, these pens are underrated pens. They are fantastic writers even moreso for the standard valiant and oversized vac fill balance. While flexible nibs are very rarely and scarcely encountered whether with triumph and lifetime nibs, those perform flawlessly on whatever type of paper you write. I think one with the gold ring on the section is an early WWII model, the other a WWII production model. They are much refined than the Parker 51 and hold way much more ink. I have several Vac Fill Triumphs and properly restored by Ron Zorn, they are fantastic pens.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I love the Triumph models. The nibs are so beautifully made. I fing I dont use them much for fear of the little rubber end of the plunger dislodging. It's somewhat irrational, I know.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the wonderful review. I enjoyed both the handwriting and the pictures. I looking to add a conical nib to my collection soon.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4992/fpnpcex150.jpg

• 2 years later...

New here. I have just acquired a Scheaffer fountain pen with the Triumph nib. I got it simply because I do not want to take my Snorkel out where it might get lost. Some say this is a Lifetime Sheaffer. Somebody said it is an Autograph made in the 40s. 

As near as I can tell I would describe it as a Sheaffer Balance 1000 Autograph Lifetime. Obviously I need help. 

The only info I have on the pen is "You will be bidding on a pen that is in good condition, trim is engraved with the initials L A J and does show minor wear of the gold tone plating. overall length is 5 3/16 inches, uncapped approx. 4 1/2 inches, I really don't know the size, the body cap is very tight, I was able to get it unscrewed, but it only pulls out about 1/16 of an inch, don't want to force it for fear of breaking it." 

I am worried about the "only pulls out about 1/16 of an inch, don't want to force it for fear of breaking it." . 

(I think I have heard the lines on the center band called a coin stack or a bank??? 

What is this exactly. (It just hit the mail and I won't have it until the 30th.) Anything you can tell me is gratefully appreciated. I simply wanted a nice Sheaffer to write with. I am trying to gather information to tell whoever I get it restored  by. (That can only pull the end cap out 1/16" makes me thing I may have wasted my money.) 

Thanks for any help. 

Happy Thanksgiving. 

259702319_7148693678489954_2016866104602616147_n.thumb.jpg.5846d1df7d850595baa37df3ee32b84b.jpg