Lamy Studio 2019 Family Portrait

sentience

What would the 2020 colours be?

According to https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/350709-safari-colours-for-2020/?p=4272342, the 2020 Studio will be Glacier.

LAMY did the Scala special edition for 2016 (50th anniversary of the LAMY 2000) in Glacier, which was a pale blue-grey with a slight metallic sheen. I think I'll like a Studio in this colour very much (but not as much as the Aquamarine!).

78DC6980-27DE-42E4-BB01-B9FB72F9314A.jpeg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sentience

• Anne-Sophie

• N1003U

• jcoersen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the OP, but here is one in rotation that may help.

Thank you so much for the beautiful picture!

I would like to apologize for the very late reply computer/software were saying I could not log on to FPN.

Like sentience, I have an original blue and I am doing exactly what he is doing.

"The original Blue's finish is notorious for deteriorating into a rubbery, sticky mess. I'm not sure if this comes from exposure to air or light or what, but I'm keeping it wrapped in plastic and stored away in the hopes of preserving it".

I would also love a Glacier (wish granted), Rose and Dark Violet Studio. The Scala doesn't have enough girth to be a comfortable writer for me.

And I am sure people would be delighted to have an Aquamarine Scala.

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

• 4 weeks later...

The original Blue's finish is notorious for deteriorating into a rubbery, sticky mess. I'm not sure if this comes from exposure to air or light or what, but I'm keeping it wrapped in plastic and stored away in the hopes of preserving it.

I had one of these pens with the sticky mess. Bought one through Marktplaats (Dutch ebay alternative) which had it. It felt a bit like candle wax. I spent an entire evening scraping the stuff off. I have no clue on how this can happen it was so evenly spread on the pen that it almost felt like it was dipped into a wax bath or something. I managed to get it all off, it now looks (and feels) identical to an "untouched" version.

I love my Studio. I missed the Scala in Glacier. I have it in the Dark Lilac.

My one and lonely Studio is the Special Edition Wild Rubens with the fine 14k gold nib. That is one of the sweetest fountain pens I own, and in my top 10 pens - maybe my top five. Awesome pen.

If they produce a Studio in Glacier it will be an immediate part of my collection.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 2 months later...

Not the OP, but here is one in rotation that may help.

Your photo is not posting but it shows the Palladium Studio as a true silver pen. Other pictures on the web show the same pen with a golden hue, so I don't know how the pen looks like in real life.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Darn! Now I like Imperial Blue and Glacier. That white one looks really cool.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

I love these photos so much! I'm collecting Lamy Studios as well. The new Glacier color will be #12. If you have any leads on any of the pearl colors from China, I'd appreciate it! :)

If I am right the stick muck is a rubber surface added for grip that has interacted with another substance, like the softening agents in a plastic, or it was cheep to begin with and is deteriorating.

I really can't stand all the double injection molding with all the rubber griping for this very reason.

I have a old drill that has a aluminum casing, no plastic problems and for improved grip we put hockey tape on the handle.

to remove the goop one can use Isopropyl best to use rubber gloves for this. Or Denatured Alcohol wet a rag and rub gently.

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2019 at 6:47 AM, sentience said:

An update to my 2018 family portrait, with three new additions, bringing the total to 20. I now have every variant of this pen ever produced (that I've been able to discover)!

post-143101-0-35066100-1565609702_thumb.jpg

post-143101-0-79598000-1565609718_thumb.jpg

full quality photos on Flickr

Here's the list, in the same order they appear in the photo:

1. Wild Rubin (2014)
  2. Royal Red (2012)
  3. Pearl Terracotta (2018 China exclusive)
  4. Terracotta Orange (2018)
  5. Rubin Black (aka Bronze) (2008)
  6. Olive Green (aka Savannah Green) (2018)
  7. Racing Green (2017)
  8. Aquamarine (2019)
  9. Blue (discontinued)
  10. Imperial Blue
  11. Violet Purple (2009)
  12. Piano Black (2017)
  13. Pearl Black (2009 China exclusive)
  14. Black (aka Black Purple)
  15. Lx All Black (2019)
  16. Platinum Grey (2009)
  17. Stainless Steel
  18. Palladium
  19. PT (Platinum) (2010)
  20. Pearl White (2007)

The new 2019 Aquamarine special edition is particularly gorgeous, a vibrant, metallic turquoise with the same “rough pottery” textured finish as last year's Terracotta Orange and Olive Green special editions. It's very close to unseating the Wild Rubin as my favourite edition of the Studio.

The new 2019 Lx All Black special edition is a lovely stealth pen – the black hardware is very handsome (and hopefully will resist wear and scratches), and a nicer way to get the same grippy black section that was previously only available on the stainless steel model. The black-coated nib looks great on it too.

The 2009 China-exclusive Pearl Black is nearly identical to the Piano Black, but with subtle sparkles embedded in the finish. I never thought I'd find it, but a retiring LAMY collector here on FPN was kind enough to reach out to me and offer me this impossible-to-find pen! If you're reading this, thank you again! :) :) :)

Do you have an updated family portrait? This thread is my reference for keeping track of all the Studio models.

Plus it is great eye candy.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

• 6 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 5:36 AM, Black Spot said:

to remove the goop one can use Isopropyl best to use rubber gloves for this. Or Denatured Alcohol wet a rag and rub gently.

I had one that broke down like that. My head says it was black, but I am wondering if I am simply misremembering it. That pen has since gone missing, so IDK.

It turned sticky.  Was very unpleasant to handle, so I used GooGone to clean it. Worked a treat.