Delike Tn Element, A Clone Of The Kaweco Liliput Brass?

txomsy

Just found this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Brass-Fountain-Pen-Metal-Retro-Travel-Pocket-Gift-Threaded-Cap-With-Box

According to the ad, it has its own characteristics (nibs, threaded surface, 12cm length), but it does really look as a Liliput clone. It doesn't say, but I suppose it must take standard cartridges and converters (don't take my word for it).

Anybody has more info on these pens? Any chance that someone has one and may post a review?

Edited and updated:

A lot of ads popped up, now I know what to look for. Indeed it seems to take international C/C, is sold with EF or bent nibs, and the name seems to be Delike TN Element.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DELIKE-TN-Element-Mini-Full-Brass-Retro-Fountain-Pen-EF-M-Nib-Iron-Case-Travel

Seems to be available for as low as USD10. It is certainly larger than the Liliput (by about 1.2cm) and seems to have sharp finishes. I do not know if the cap is also metal-threaded or uses a plastic insert for the threads.

I found another thread on it, now I know the name, but it doesn't add much info either:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/347960-new-delike-element/

Edited by txomsy

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• taike

• txomsy

• bushpig

Be patient. It only just came out. I have 3 on the way. I'll let ya know

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

No plastic thread insert. A big plus for me!

1908040413PM.jpeg

It's quite a bit larger (and heavier) than the Liliput but smaller and lighter than the Supra and the Blackstone brass pen.

The texture on the barrel and cap is a very nice touch.

Here's my review.

Very nice review. You've made me purchase one. Do you expect most #5 nibs to fit it?

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a bit more to see what others have to add.

That's actually an enormous disappointment. I was hoping for it to be about the same size as the liliput. And that number of threads to cap and uncap is absolutely unacceptable.

The old plastic insert of the delike has been absolutely f**king BOMBPROOF in my experience, I used the pen as an improvised glass breaker with the pen, my fist and a rock on a car side window, and the threads didn't fail, still smooth and perfect. and the 3/4 turn to uncap is kind of where all pens should be. 3/4-1 turn max to uncap any pen, and a 3/4 max to post. Any more and it's obnoxious to use, any less and it risks coming uncapped on its own.

Also means we can't use a kaweco liliput clip.

Big bummer. Guess that means I have to stick to my alpha with its 14k eversharp manifold nib.

Thusfar my experience with that delike nib unit is that it's completely interchangeable, down to the threads, with moonman's #5 nib units. I currently have an eversharp vintage 14k in mine and it fits like factory. I haven't really found a nib that doesn't fit it yet, other than the noodlers/FPR #5.5 flex nibs.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I got mine today and I'm kind of disappointed because of how good the fit and finish is.

It really needs a clip. I don't know what might fit. I tried the kaweco sport, the delike alpha, the clip for the ensso minimilistica, the liliput absolutely won't fit, I'm wondering if the kaweco special clip does.

And the number of turns the cap needs to post and unscrew is unacceptable for a pocket pen. It should be less than half of what it is now. The threads are smooth and well cut, not sharp, but too fine.

It's plenty usable unposted and posting doesn't throw off the balance, the brass finish is really nice, and if you plan on just using it for longer writing sessions, I can see it being phenomenal. The bent EF nib is as great as it always is.

But damn, if it just capped and posted with under 1 turn.... and if it had a clip... it'd be absolutely perfect.

I'm starting to feel envious. Right now, it is the threaded body what detains me, I'd prefer an evenly smooth/flat finish.

Mine arrived yesterday and first impressions are good (I ordered a M nib which I hope to test over the weekend); the surface feels nice, the threading for the cap is good, initially it looked a bit less than substantial but having tested both ends it lines up and works very well.

The pen is heavy and posted I felt the balance to be a little back heavy but my opinion may change once it's inked. As for size, it's comfortable in the hand and is definitely a good mid point between the Lilliput and the Supra. I think it'll last well as an EDC but as Honeybadgers says it could do with an optional clip.

Once I get some ink in it and take for a test run I'll post an update.

Al

I bought one, and the thread for capping and posting is ridiculous. It takes 3 and a half turns to uncap and an insanely 4 1/2 for posting. The finish of the section is not helping with the grip, it makes it more slippery. And also the section is too short for my grip, I have to hold the pen on the threaded part for more comfort.

I bought one, and the thread for capping and posting is ridiculous. It takes 3 and a half turns to uncap and an insanely 4 1/2 for posting. The finish of the section is not helping with the grip, it makes it more slippery. And also the section is too short for my grip, I have to hold the pen on the threaded part for more comfort.

I found the same. I grip the pen behind the section, essentially on the threads. It does take some getting used to.

I'm starting to feel envious. Right now, it is the threaded body what detains me, I'd prefer an evenly smooth/flat finish.

I have 3 that I was planning on giving away but the excessive cap screws kinda turn me off. I can chuck one up in a lathe and make it smooth for you, if you'd like one? It'd only take me 5-10 minutes to do. I could leave it matte or polish it shiny.

All I'd ask is the cost of the pen ($10) plus $5 shipping.

Edited by Honeybadgers

• 3 months later...

To the people having issue with the amount of threading, perhaps look into the "antique" finish? In the photos online, that finish seems to have less threading. I ordered the regular one for a sturdy, cheap pen to keep in my pocket, but if tree threading bothers me too much, I was thinking of getting the antiqued one.

• 1 year later...

Coming to this late. I swore off Chinese pens, but ended up getting these a while back one evening when I had one too many Martinis. It seemed to be a compromise between the the Liliput and the Supra. Anyway, haven't used them much at all. I can confirm they both have the same threading, the caps are interchangeable, and have the same number of turns to cap / uncap.