La Couronne Du Comte

Boz

I will not order from them anymore.

They KNOWINGLY offer items for sale that they do not have in stock, and they do NOT advise the buyer that the items are out of stock on their website.

even after you have ordered and paid for the items, they do not tell you they are out of stock...the buyer has to inquire as to where is my product, why hasn't it shipped? Then they will slowly send out a reply.

I waited several months for a few items, and then ultimately cancelled...this has occurred more than once. ( I am a lot of patience)

They are also slow to respond to inquiries....

Some really poor business practices....and they know it too....with no corrective action taken.

Many other very good vendors to deal with...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• City74

• Boz

• NeverTapOut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

even after you have ordered and paid for the items, they do not tell you they are out of stock...the buyer has to inquire as to where is my product, why hasn't it shipped? Then they will slowly send out a reply.

I'm not doubting your report of your experiences. In my experience of ordering from LCdC (14 orders in the past nine months), I usually got informed by the company's staff within 48 hours if one or more items on my order is not in stock ready for dispatch.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

But too many instances of the same thing for it to be just coincidence. As has been said, there are many other more reputable and efficient suppliers out there. Like The Writing Desk, for instance.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

But too many instances of the same thing for it to be just coincidence. As has been said, there are many other more reputable and efficient suppliers out there. Like The Writing Desk, for instance.

Considering that I could have bought (and in fact ordered) a bottle of Noodler's Blue Ghost at an effective all-inclusive price of just under A$15 from LCdC, I would have been happy to wait if Dennis & Co. could tell me exactly when Nathan will send LCdC a bottle to fulfil the outstanding order, given it was meant to happen late April but when the shipment from the US arrived there was no Blue Ghost. In the end I ordered from Amazon, and it cost me A$21 or thereabouts. I got my refund within 12 hours after I told Dennis I've already ordered from Amazon what LCdC couldn't supply in over three months. Was LCdC at fault? In part, certainly. However, I cannot understand why Nathan Tardif did not send LCdC a bottle of Blue Ghost in the April shipment that was ordered back in March, without so much as a, "Sorry, but I (as in Noodler's) just cannot fulfil your order at this point because of..." either. I wasn't thrilled about paying 50% more for that bottle of ink, and I'm not going to lay it all on LCdC.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Sorry Smug Dill but the evidence here shows you to be very lucky and also very much in the minority for doing well with LCdC - since my big issues I've met others in real life who've also had exactly the same issues and if I'd met before would have resulted in my order not being placed.

Well an update on my pen I ordered June 11. After some time of no or slow replies, over the past 2 weeks there has been a decent line of communication. My pen was supposed to be delivered to them last Friday (or Thursday) according to LcDC as they are only getting 1 shipment per week due to the holiday season in Germany. I was told it would ship on Saturday or Monday. There has been radio silence since. I inquired Monday about shipping and nothing. At this point I would say I will no longer do business with them. I hope to get the pen I ordered ASAP but I wont be strung on in the future anymore, nor at any price. Appelboom will get my MB business from here out

Edited by City74

For what it's worth. A few months ago I ordered two Pilot Metropolitans. I was informed that one was not in stock. A wekk later it was and within day my order was shipped. I was surprised it wasn't in stock - nothing on the website did indicate this - but luckily everything was handled well. Though I might choose to go the pshysical shop next time instead of ordering online again,

"Every single time I've ordered with a discount code, they've been out of stock of whatever I've ordered. I've let them string me on a few times waiting for stuff to come in, but eventually I've had to cancel. I won't bother ordering from them again even with great prices."

That's strange... I have never had that problem with them on my several Pelikan purchases, and I always use an available code.

Mind you, I didn't get the email about the 20% site-wide.

Glenn.

Yesterday I have ordered some inks and a notebook.

Today I received a message that the Diamine Amaranth was currently not available and that they are expecting it in two weeks.

When I will chose not to wait for this and I would like to speed up my delivery they noted that the Diamine Syrah and the Tyrian Purple are currently available. So they offered the opportunity to change my order.

This actualy sums up my experience with lCdC: good price, quite some delivery time but a good and customerfriendly communication.

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Well an update on my pen I ordered June 11. After some time of no or slow replies, over the past 2 weeks there has been a decent line of communication. My pen was supposed to be delivered to them last Friday (or Thursday) according to LcDC as they are only getting 1 shipment per week due to the holiday season in Germany. I was told it would ship on Saturday or Monday. There has been radio silence since. I inquired Monday about shipping and nothing. At this point I would say I will no longer do business with them. I hope to get the pen I ordered ASAP but I wont be strung on in the future anymore, nor at any price. Appelboom will get my MB business from here out

I am not trying to be facetious...is all of Germany on holiday and how long does it last...

I usually deal with Dennis...however I finally got a reply from Willem. He had no record of what I ordered from MB. This is going on 8 weeks.

I can deal with delays however keep me in the loop.

Its been 8 weeks for me also.....now they said it looks like the items I ordered that were sent from Germany were lost. I doubt it, just another excuse. Anyways live and learn. This will be my last time

They KNOWINGLY offer items for sale that they do not have in stock, and they do NOT advise the buyer that the items are out of stock on their website.

Bill, My gosh, you are so right. This is the second time that this exact thing has happened to me. I’m waiting months now for a Silver Diplomat Areo, and some Montblanc Ink. They advertised both on their site as new items.

After i placed the order, and my money taken, I went to check on the order and found a note that both items were not in stock but expected shortly.

Been waiting patiently, Have always had great communications and service here. But for now i’m Going to cancel my order and let them work through their issues.

Bill, My gosh, you are so right. This is the second time that this exact thing has happened to me. I’m waiting months now for a Silver Diplomat Areo, and some Montblanc Ink. They advertised both on their site as new items.

After i placed the order, and my money taken, I went to check on the order and found a note that both items were not in stock but expected shortly.

Been waiting patiently, Have always had great communications and service here. But for now i’m Going to cancel my order and let them work through their issues.

It is a real shame regarding the back ordered items, or items they don't have in stock.(which should be posted on the web site "out of stock")

The last time this happened I brought this issue to their attention via email...I received a reply from someone that they were going to be installing new software "soon" that was going to correct this issue...BUT, from what we are reading here from current experiences...looks like that has happened yet.

I also have a sizable credit with them that has been already converted to Euro's.

If I cancel my order that will add to the credit.

Funny thing it's not a limited addition pen...it's just a MB 149.

Maybe they would send some complementary ink.

In my opinion it all boils down to communication with your clientele.

I make mistakes sometimes in my business. I always keep the client informed of the situation and make sure they are in a better position than before...regardless of the cost.

I've only purchased one pen from LCdC this year and had a positive experience.

As many have noted my pen was listed as being in stock on the website, but after purchasing it, I received an email letting me know that it was out of stock and that it would need about a week to ship. Cut to the pen eventually shipping a month later.

Despite the delay, my experience was positive, because as many have also noted LCdC was very responsive whenever I had any questions. I called them once to make sure that they would stamp the paperwork that came with my pen so I could exchange the nib and they immediately recognized my order and sent me a confirmation via email based on our conversation. I also emailed them once to change my address given that I had moved a couple weeks after placing the order and they responded within 24h and made the necessary changes.

I was most impressed that any exchange that I had with them (over the phone and via email) was carefully detailed and added to the order history page of the pen I ordered. Necessary action points were bolded so that anyone in their store would be able to keep track of the notes and changes and ensure that they were taken care of before shipping.

In addition, when the pen arrived, the packaging was both extremely secure and beautifully presented.

Given how much of a cost savings I had vs US retail price, purchasing from them allowed me to secure a pen I would have missed out on otherwise. I always go by the project management product triangle where you have to choose between two sides of a (good, fast, cheap) triangle, and, in my case, I need to sacrifice on speed in order to get the quality and pricing that I want. With that said, as many have noted, I would just recommend that their site better reflect product availability, so that if someone needs a pen immediately they can make a purchase through an alternate retailer if necessary.

LCdC and MontBlanc are still on holiday...

I asked 2 weeks ago for an ETA and they would look into it.

No response so I sent another email asking for an ETA...

The response from LCdC is they can't get an ETA from MB because MB is on holiday and is gearing up.

This has been going on 9 or 10 weeks now.

I will still probably do business with LCdC...however it is very frustrating.

I should have bought a Conid.

It seems that LCdC aren’t the only retailer to do this. Another company advertised a low cost pen I wanted (not available in UK) as in stock (they still do, as of twenty minutes ago) but then emailed to say the pen would need ordered from the manufacturer. I’m not saying sellers should have huge inventory costing lots of money just waiting for a possible purchase, but where an item is shown as in stock then it should be just that. It seems fair that retailers can deliver on their promise or that they should have a caveat that n days needed before items are in stock.

Regarding LCdC I had similar issues to the OP but the company were courteous & kept me informed. In the end I opted for another en which they were kind enough to offer at an agreeable price.

I’m all for tolerance and don’t mind a short wait time, though this does seem an issue retailers might reflect on in their listings (maybe there’s a flip side too in that ‘n days to order’ might result in some going elsewhere.)

Roger

I’m not saying sellers should have huge inventory costing lots of money just waiting for a possible purchase, but where an item is shown as in stock then it should be just that.

I agree, but with retailers such as LCdC what they're in effect doing is putting up catalogues of the product ranges for which they can take orders on the expectation that they can then source units of the products (from manufacturers, distributors, or even brokers of stock between networks of merchants, for all I care) for the customer within a commercially reasonable length of time if they aren't already in the store's stock inventory.

It's a valid retail model, as long as the merchants don't convey or purport that the items are currently in stock (when the items actually aren't) if they accept your order, and their customers don't assume an item is in stock just because an order is accepted, never mind who wants what when (in other words, whether prospective customers want or expect to see real-time stock availability by self-service before placing an order is irrelevant and has no standing as a "rule"). How long "commercially reasonable" is may be enshrined in local consumer laws, or spelled out in industry consortia and/or local Chamber of Commerce guidelines, or "proven" through customer behaviour by way of which merchants lose business based on track record and word of mouth of typical delivery lead times.

Where I have a problem with the model is when the merchant's belief that it can source an item is not continually validated, and then it proves to be incorrect, e.g. when the merchant accepts an order for a pen model on its product catalogue, and then discovers upon making a request to the manufacturer or distributor that it's no longer available. As much as I'm getting disillusioned with buying on Rakuten Global Market these days, at least some sellers will advise that a particular listed item is a run-out model, which may turn out to be unavailable even after the customer order has been accepted by the platform. I have a lot of goodwill for LCdC and Pensachi, but both had made that kind of mistake with my orders before. (Hell, even Amazon US has done that to me, for something it listed as in stock — and, for avoidance of doubt, it was "sold by Amazon".)

It seems fair that retailers can deliver on their promise or that they should have a caveat that n days needed before items are in stock.

Sometimes the merchants just don't know, and as long as they don't make any promises then the (prospective or committed) customer cannot hold the merchants accountable for dispatching within n days, as long as the catalogues are valid in the sense that every item for which it will accept orders can be supplied and delivered in due time.

I’m all for tolerance and don’t mind a short wait time, though this does seem an issue retailers might reflect on in their listings (maybe there’s a flip side too in that ‘n days to order’ might result in some going elsewhere.)

Or not indicating that whether something is currently in stock, or the maximum amount of time it takes to source a unit of an ordered product and dispatch it, in the sales process may turn prospective customer away. I think that'd be fair. The consumer who'd be comfortable with waiting (say) 12 days for an item to be dispatched, but wasn't promised it and therefore elect not to order the item from a particular merchant even though it really could have been dispatched in a week, is a "loss" to both him (or her) and the retailer, but if the retailer isn't prepared to make any indications or promises then that's just how it is.

• 4 months later...

I ordered two pens from them last month using a Black Friday discount and knowing they werent in stock. I told them it was fine to wait until both had arrived and send them together, but one has just arrived on Christmas Eve, and what a lovely extra touch! Happy Christmas to all at LCdC!!!

post-23341-0-45714900-1577189299.jpeg

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

They are slow, but they do deliver. I have never had a bad experience with them. One package got lost in the post once and they refunded it without a problem. I love the way they wrap everything up like a little present.

It's worth noting that they are certainly not the only ones who sell stock they don't have (although I think they are working on correcting this because their website listings have changed to reflect this over the last six months). There are quite a few others who advertise stock they don't have, and in some cases will likely never have, which is intensely annoying. It seems to be a business model for some. One in particular I ordered from and three and a half weeks later there wasn't a sound, not so much as an email confirming order. When I contacted them they said they were working to order it but I could cancel and get credit with them for something else. Taking your money for something they don't have and then offering you credit in their store is deceitful in my book. Needless to say I cancelled the order, got a refund and will probably never buy from them again. Part of the problem is selling on multiple platforms and some sellers will have an item listed in their webstore that they also have on ebay and you can end up buying something they have already sold. Thankfully I haven't had these experiences with La C de C - everything I've ordered from them has eventually arrived bar one mishap that wasn't their fault.