Conid Delivery Time

mvosyka

Hi all,

I ordered a Conid K DCB DB SL TI on April 1st. I have since requested an update 3 times - with absolutely no signs of life. Is this normal for these guys?

Yes, it says the lead time will be at least 10 weeks. Maybe the heat is getting to me, but hate being ignored by someone who has a grand of my money.

What have people experienced with this outfit?

Many thanks,

Martin

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• A Smug Dill

• Bibliophage

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered mine (Minimalistica) on April 26 and it landed today. Jonas said in an email two days ago that they were about to break for two weeks for a holiday, so I would not expect to hear from them beforehand.

Also note that their email auto response at the moment is an acknowledgement that they are snowed under with emails, but will get around to replying.

From what I can see, and have learned from talking to other Conid owners, is that your pen will arrive in due course. But as they are essentially a side gig for Komec, they are understaffed and the priority is making pens and so once you pay, the comms does fall right off.

Hang in there! It's worth the wait! :D

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

I ordered the Blue Pearl with two gold nibs, an EF and a stub at the beginning of April. No words yet as to when I can expect delivery. Oh well, i'll hopefully appreciate it more when it finally gets here.

I ordered a Kingsize and two nibs in mid-April and was given an estimated shipping date of 26 June. I haven't heard a word. Even the cheery little newsletters about who they are and how to fill the pen and so on have stopped. I've got other pens to keep me busy, so I don't really mind. But I am spending more time than I should looking at (and sometimes buying) other pens that, if the Conid had arrived, I probably wouldn't be looking at. The delay is becoming unexpectedly costly.

Is fountainbel still active here?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

Has it been always like this when ordering a Conid?

To me this is unacceptable knowing the premium price of Conid. Saying it is a side gig does not justify the lack of communication.

The lead times keep getting longer. The last pen i ordered was right on two months last year. I've heard it can be well over three now.

To me this is unacceptable knowing the premium price of Conid. Saying it is a side gig does not justify the lack of communication.

Yes. Everyone that works there is involved in production.

Yes.

Conid is a small boutique operation that makes superior (from an engineering and technological standpoint) pens to order. In my experience, they are worth the price, and the wait. There is no reported incidence of Conid failing to fulfill an order. Patience!

The pen will definitely arrive. :)

Conids are above my pay grade. I'm saving my pennies for another.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

If my memory is correct, Conid had similar delays during previous summers.

My guess at an explanation is the initial estimated shipping date is automatically determined and doesn't account for summer holidays. Summer holidays may also explain the lack of newsletter or other communication.

I order’d my Conid some weeks ago.

Delivery time was set at 14 weeks, due to a lot of orders.

On their website there is a section “MyConid” where you can follow (or see) your order.

It is indeed a small company making great Pens.

I nowhere found a negative review concerning not delivering.

LD

Thanks for sharing. I see I am in good company!

I checked My Conid and saw my est. delivery time was June 11. No joy there.

Meanwhile, I turn to the 6 fountain pens presently on my desk.

Have a great day, everyone.

M.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure based on people's feedback that they will get their items delivered.

It's just that the lack of communication that is unacceptable (for me at least).

Dear Conid fans,

I've just contacted Conid and they are fully aware of their dragging delivery time problem.

Conid sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience which is mainly caused by the fact they are since 4 months completely overwhelmed with orders and the inherent mails concerning delivery time.

Conid realizes they have to expand their technical staff and is consequently anxiously searching for hiring dedicated people to expand their team.

Given the high quality standards applied by Conid this proved to be a difficult task.

Further on Conid is also in the process to automate the production process further to shorten delivery.

Please be assured Conid will do al they can in putting the dragging delivery problems to bed within a 3-4 months period.

In the mean time Conid appreciates your patience, although the actual problems Conid will do all they can allowing you to get your pen as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Francis

Thanks Francis. It is a good problem for a business to have.

Also great to see that the demands on the team have not in any way compromised the quality of the product. My Minimalistica arrived yesterday and it is superb!

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Yes Conid has missed their estimated delivery date a couple time recently for me however one was totally my fault for asking for something very difficult for them to build (Ebonite Regular with Black trim). In the end they delivered a perfect piece of writing gear. I understand about the communication thing, but I look at it from the point of it creating anticipation. There is Zero chance they would not deliver! I also have experience with long wait times on other commodity (try ordering a custom 1874 sharps from Shilo someday, 3 year wait with NO communication after receipt of order confirmation until ready to ship). Not making excuses for them, I would love a live update structure on the MyConid page, but if they are really going to miss (more than a month) the estimated date they will generally let you know. In the mean time give your existing pens some love because they sure won't get it when the Conid arrives😂

I agree. They could earn a little less profit and employ someone part time exclusively to handle some basic courtesy replies.

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

I actually have a pen that is taking almost a year to create (custom) but since the communication is superb, I generally don't yap about it. I am genuinely interested in one of the Conid models but issues like this is one of the things that irks me.

Hope my rant isn't taken for bashing but more of a constructive criticism.

• 2 weeks later...