Wing Sung 699 - Victo Green Stationery Vacuum Filler Coming

JollyCynic

Have you or anyone else tried a Bock nib? Been interested in trying the titanium one for a while, and the 699 would be my preferred pen if it fits

I did try a titanium Bock #6 nib and couldn't get it to fit. I was thinking it might be a great combination.

But I see that Bock makes a smaller type 076 nib that might fit? I don't have one of those nibs to try. It's used in the Stilform Kosmos pen. This review (Pencilcaseblog) talks about the nib.

Edited by EDC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• taike

• Karmachanic

• penzel_washinkton

I did try a titanium Bock #6 nib and couldn't get it to fit. I was thinking it might be a great combination.

But I see that Bock makes a smaller type 076 nib that might fit? I don't have one of those nibs to try. It's used in the Stilform Kosmos pen. This review (Pencilcaseblog) talks about the nib.

That's interesting! Sadly I haven't got the smaller one to try either. The 699 is still pretty new - hopefully people will try more nibs and report the results :)

JoWo nibs do not fit.

the issue I've found is that the nibs bases are too long. So, if you're willing to just cut off about 5-8mm from the tail of the nib, it will fit perfectly.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

WS 699 pen is great, OEM nib not so great IMHO.

Feed is 6mm in diameter.

#6 Jowo or Bock (titanium or other) or similar Jinhao nibs do not fit.

#6 nib, even if cut shorter by 4-6 mm, does not fit without risk of breaking section.

Kaigelu 5.5 nib is perfectly interchangeable with OEM nib, but I mostly prefer XF size nibs.

FPR 5.5 nibs I have no experience if they also fit.

OEM nib, if sharpened to XF size, is awesome!!

Totally worth it, if you are willing to sharpen OEM nib yourself or send pen to accomodating nibmeister.

Curious if F nibs recommended by OCArt above (post #18) work as well.

This is not a wet pen if existing feed is not tempered with, more so if top cap is kept firmly closed.

No issues with pen drying whatsoever.

Overall great pen, especially for its price.

Edited by Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

1. OEM nib, if sharpened to XF size, is awesome!!

Absolutely :wub:

Not everyone will have the confidence to tackle this though hence the search for an EF replacement so am thankful for your and everyone's suggestions. :)

Edited by Tas

I should mention the Pilot nib in mine also got the Pilot feed. I had already widened the channels in the Pilot so figured screw it let me see. Pilot feed slides right in like it was meant to go there. The Wing Sung feed though does not fit the Pilot 742 though. With the breather removed and the piston open you have a mess, You have to find that perfect flow but this is much better than railroading and having no solution.

Received my 699 today but broke my FPR #5.5 feed in half pulling it out so I haven't been able to try it. The 5.5 nib won't fit on the 699 feed at least.

I also have a Wing Sung 698 with a gold nib. Its' feed is too long for the 699 section and the 698 nib is too small for the 699 feed.

Anybody tried any other feeds in the 699?

Mine wasn't writing well, so I used my Swiss Army to enlarge the feed slit, then dug out a 316 nib left over from a swap. It's better, but I had to bend the nib by pressing on the reverse side to try and get it to better conform to the feed in order to get decent flow (there was a huge gap) and it just looks odd.

Edited by garyc

Mine wasn't writing well, so I used my Swiss Army to enlarge the feed slit, then dug out a 316 nib left over from a swap. ...

My impression too was that pen needed to write somewhat wetter, so (1) I widened the ink groove in the feed with a Bard Parker blade and (2) extended the wings of the nib slightly outwards to make the nib slit a tad wider. That combined with sharpening the nib to a F-XF size, made this an exceptional pen! Here is a pic. Ink is KWZ Azure #3, paper an old diary.

post-125657-0-73012600-1568303237.jpg

Edited by Frank66

My impression too was that pen needed to write somewhat wetter, so (1) I widened the ink groove in the feed with a Bard Parker blade and (2) extended the wings of the nib slightly outwards to make the nib slit a tad wider. That combined with sharpening the nib to a F-XF size, made this an exceptional pen! Here is a pic. Ink is KWZ Azure #3, paper an old diary.

I had never though of 'spreading the wings', that's a good suggestion. It does seem as though the transfer and flow of the ink from feed to nib and thence to the tip is lacking. It does look like the tip of the feed slopes down and there is no close contact between the nib and feed at that point. I can plainly see fresh air between them - despite bending the nib tip downwards it seems the nib loses contact with the feed from about the breather hole forward. The breather hole has ink, so maybe it doesn't matter as capillary action should take ink from the hole to the tip (this is with the Kaigelu, which is writing fairly well - I haven't looked at the WS nib under a microscope yet).

Spreading may possibly help the nibs to conform more closely to the feed, but I think I'll have a play with the original WingSung first to see if that will help. I might buy a couple more Kaigelu nibs as well to experiment with since my nib tuning with micromesh is a bit hit and miss.

... but I think I'll have a play with the original WingSung first to see if that will help. I might buy a couple more Kaigelu nibs as well to experiment with since my nib tuning with micromesh is a bit hit and miss.

I am just curious if the F nibs recommended by OCArt above (post #18) work as well. Wondering if anyone have tried them at all...

I am just curious if the F nibs recommended by OCArt above (post #18) work as well. Wondering if anyone have tried them at all...

The seller in the link in #18 doesn't ship to the UK, but I just bought 4 from here, but then I noticed there were M and not F. That's ok, as i would probably like to 'mesh them to stubs anyway.

... and I purchased another with a clear section to play with (I have so many clear demonstrators it's hard to tell them apart sometimes, so I passed on that).

Edited by garyc

I've really enjoyed using the WS699 and found another nib that fits. I installed a Nemosine number 6 stub nib using the stock WS feed and it works great. Nemosine is closing out everything and still has a few nibs left--- do look around the site carefully as it may be just as cheap to buy a complete pen to get the nib you want.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Tried putting in a nib from a PenBBS 309 yesterday but it was too long and wide. It got stuck real bad so it felt like I would break the section.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the advice of the elders and fitted a #6 (EF) Jowo nib in my Wing Sung 699. First, I had to shorten the back end of the nib by 1.5mm. Now it fits greatly on the feed and in the section and pen writes just as perfectly as I would like. Thanks everyone.

Regards, Frank66

post-125657-0-85622800-1570725448.jpg

post-125657-0-33624200-1570725461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frank66

• 2 weeks later...

This is just to confirm that Nemosine #6 nibs fit perfectly. Right they go for $7.50, from EF to 1.1 stub.s You may also buy a Nemosine Singularity, which sports a #6 nib, for $8.00. As of today, they have Singularities only in F and M (I nabbed two last week, one with an EF, another with a 0.6 stub). I suspect they are going out fast.

If you decide to buy the whole pen and exchange nibs, you should make sure that you keep the original feed in the 699: the Singularity has a slightly longer feed, which prevents the plunger to go all the way down.

Edited by julikko

The problem with ideas is that good ideas and bad ideas look about the same until you put them into practice.

This is just to confirm that Nemosine #6 nibs fit perfectly. Right they go for $7.50, from EF to 1.1 stub.s You may also buy a Nemosine Singularity, which sports a #6 nib, for $8.00. As of today, they have Singularities only in F and M (I nabbed two last week, one with an EF, another with a 0.6 stub). I suspect they are going out fast.

If you decide to buy the whole pen and exchange nibs, you should make sure that you keep the original feed in the 699: the Singularity has a slightly longer feed, which prevents the plunger to go all the way down.

They still have the EF in the Ivory colored ones.